Killers, let's have a chat. Would ya?

As i said other times here, i play killer too... mostly killer than survivor, but when i play this last role, i often face killers who say in chat: "You toxic tryhards... why the genrush? Can you do something different than just pressing M1?". It happens many times. End of game and in chat you meet an angry person who says the magic words: "you toxic genrushers". A part giving a new meaning to the word "toxic", is the "genrush" survivors fault? The game has one simple rule: "complete 5 generators in order to escape the trial and the killer must stop you to do so". What am i supposed to do in order to avoid the genrush based on your logic? Wandering around random, organizing parties with my teammates, doing absolutely nothing but giving you all the time necessary to hook every single one of us? Every time i hear this excuse, i cry out laughing. If i was able to "genrush" you, is because you gave me all the time to do it. Ez. So who's the fault? Me? I'm playing survivor, my job is do gens, juke you a couple of times and escape. Period. Your job is stopping me. Just do your job and if you wasn't able to do it, just say "gg wp" and move on!

Comments

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2199137#Comment_2199137

    There's a lot of maps that are awful for killer but I think a lot of killers are just too happy go lucky with their chases. You SHOULD be defending a third or half of the map that has 3-4 gens on it and not getting baited to run around the whole map.

    They don't have a plan, they just run from chase to chase. All over the map, leaving gens undefended and allowing the survivors to split up.

    Bingo

  • I mainly joke about being gen rushed when a gen or two gets done while I'm busy. I do get a tad upset when a bunch are done in extremely quick succession. But, that's now gens, which I think is fair. I like how they are done

  • @aurum_exe said:

    Sounds like you're making it an issue of skill here, implying the killer isn't doing well if they "gave you all the time" to do generators.

    @kyogul If a killer spend more than 160 seconds in one single chase, he isn't doing good. I'm not saying that is a lack of "skills" but, usually, if you spend more than 30 seconds in a chase, and you aren't able to give at least one hit, leave the chase. To me, that is a giant lack of "game understanding" skill.

    Obviously doing objectives as survivor is not toxic and you're aware of that, but as another user said, I don't think you're cognisant of the core subject of the complaints they're making.

    I don't agree, but ok, i respect your opinion. If they simply state "tryhard genrushers... the only thing you can do is hold M1!" i cannot imagine if there's an hidden meaning of it. But, if you was in a chase for more than 160 seconds, what do you want from me. Of course i hold M1 because you never came at that generator to stop me. Playing killer isn't only "hook survivors" at all costs and take out of the game one of them as soon as possible, to gain a little bit more pressure. There is also "Deviousness" as objective. Playing killer, i understand the difficulty in some maps. I understand that. Perfectly. BUT, i never complain in end game chat. I take the loss and i move on. But showing your toxicity, because we "gen rushed", i think it's stupid.

    Your point about overchasing wasn't clear in your OP. You were simply talking about how if a generator got done the killer "allowed" you to do it, implying some sort of bad play on their end when there are many scenarios killers encounter where it has nothing to do with their decision making; it has to do with map RNG and spawn RNG. Sometimes the items people bring in. It was obnoxious a few weeks ago when everyone and their mother was bringing in BNPs every game to do one of the challenges in the rift; you sometimes even saw two or more people bringing it in a game. I remember I had a swf bring in four BNPs with the best toolboxes. Gross.

    I also am not agreeing with their insults, such as "can you do nothing but hold M1 all day?" / survivors being toxic for rushing objectives. Can it be annoying? Sure, but that's a personal problem, not a game problem.

    I want to say it doesn't make sense for killers to complain about genrushing but you also have the flip side where survivors will ######### at you for camping/tunnelling or "kill" rushing so to speak. Again I'm not agreeing with what those players said but I can understand the frustration. Survivor players get community support more to complain about a bunch of things whereas killer players have to endure more. As hexy said recently, it's like survivors are praised for rushing their objectives but killers are disrespected and insulted for rushing theirs. You 4 man slug? You're probably going to get a lot of complaints. You camp where it's necessary? You're going to get called a camper and how you suck if you have to do that to win. You tunnel? Same thing; if you have to do it you suck. Not that survivors never get complained at, but survivors are significantly more prone to being commended for genrushing than the killers are for the equivalent actions. There's just not much room for killers to complain in general and be taken seriously because it's more prone to getting shut down.

    This doesn't mean any particular player is "oppressed" or whatever but that's just how the game is, naturally so because there are more survivor players than killer ones.

  • I don't usually see alot of killers saying "toxic gen rushers" I see alot more things like "trash camper/slugger/tunneler" from my experience. But if all 4 survivors bring BPN with the best tool box and built to last with street wise and prove thyself self then yeah.

1 2 ›