Note to keep in mind for new killer players | Generators being done quickly

If you are doing well in a match and 3 gens still go by really quickly, do not panic. It is important to not throw the game right now, just play as you would normally, maybe try a little harder. But it is important to note that just because 4 gens are done even though you are hooking survivors relatively quickly, it is not the end.

Killers get stronger as the match goes on because there are much less pallets and few generators to split up on. If you defend a cluster of generators reasonably close to each other, then you will have an easier time as the match starts to come to a close. This means it takes longer to complete the remaining generators.

If generators are still going fast, then you might the cause of that. You need to learn how to pressure survivors if this is the case. There are plenty of guides on the forums or youtube especially to help with this. And then there are times where things are just out of your control due to poor map design and killer balance. The best way to figure out if something was out of your control or not is to record and review your own gameplay. There are times where you just can't do anything unfortunately.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @jooeevela said:

    Nice tip, i would say, DONT PANIC.

    NOBODY PANIC

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2194820#Comment_2194820

    Even as a NOT new killer there's some situations I don't play regardless. The Game, Hadonfield. And IF I'm using blight and get Hawkins or Lehrys and ruin is found and gone in 30 seconds(very normal tbh). I don't bother

    Virtual hi-5. For those moments when gens start popping before you've even seen anyone.

  • Very good advice, especially so for killers like Tapper or Hag that may need to re-set traps during the match. Even all these years later, I can get a little anxious if I feel gens are going by too quick, but a deep breath and re-focusing and I go back to looking for survivors and applying map pressure.

  • @EQWashu said:

    Very good advice, especially so for killers like Tapper or Hag that may need to re-set traps during the match. Even all these years later, I can get a little anxious if I feel gens are going by too quick, but a deep breath and re-focusing and I go back to looking for survivors and applying map pressure.

    Are you a fellow Hag?

  • Uhh no. I don´t agree at all.

    2 or 3 gens gone by the time the killer gets his first hook isn´t on the killer for not pressuring survivors enough. After 5 years, the game is still balanced around new players that regularly miss skill checks, hide in corners, drop the pallet to early/late and don´t know how to run in circles.

    Even streamers like Otz or Scott Jund can lose 3 gens before they get their first hook. Those players aren´t exactly over commiting or wasting time. So please don´t try to shame/blame the killer here. Because the balance is at fault.

  • My number one is Trapper, but I do enjoy Hag a lot! I know she's not everyone's cup of tea (and that is absolutely ok!), but I find her pretty fun (she has some really awesome cosmetics too). And in regards to the post, I have had matches where teams were either popping traps I couldn't teleport to in time, or disarming them with flashlights while gens were flying. But I was putting them down when not actively chasing to keep em on the map and keeping focused.

  • @Yords said:

    If you are doing well in a match and 3 gens still go by really quickly, do not panic. It is important to not throw the game right now, just play as you would normally, maybe try a little harder. But it is important to note that just because 4 gens are done even though you are hooking survivors relatively quickly, it is not the end.

    Killers get stronger as the match goes on because there are much less pallets and few generators to split up on. If you defend a cluster of generators reasonably close to each other, then you will have an easier time as the match starts to come to a close. This means it takes longer to complete the remaining generators.

    If generators are still going fast, then you are likely the main factor of that. You need to learn how to pressure survivors if this is the case. There are plenty of guides on the forums or youtube especially to help with this.

    You're always posting my thoughts, who are you,I would like to be friends?

  • I've noticed that 3 and 2 generators left is almost always the swing point, if there's going to be one. It's really kind of amazing how many killer comebacks I've seen when it feels as if the survivors are getting close to escape.

  • @EQWashu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2194918#Comment_2194918

    My number one is Trapper, but I do enjoy Hag a lot! I know she's not everyone's cup of tea (and that is absolutely ok!), but I find her pretty fun (she has some really awesome cosmetics too). And in regards to the post, I have had matches where teams were either popping traps I couldn't teleport to in time, or disarming them with flashlights while gens were flying. But I was putting them down when not actively chasing to keep em on the map and keeping focused.

    The way of the Hag set tons of traps.

  • @Tsulan said:

    Uhh no. I don´t agree at all.

    2 or 3 gens gone by the time the killer gets his first hook isn´t on the killer for not pressuring survivors enough. After 5 years, the game is still balanced around new players that regularly miss skill checks, hide in corners, drop the pallet to early/late and don´t know how to run in circles.

    Even streamers like Otz or Scott Jund can lose 3 gens before they get their first hook. Those players aren´t exactly over commiting or wasting time. So please don´t try to shame/blame the killer here. Because the balance is at fault.

    This is not always the case. And yeah I know it isn't always the killer's fault (I guess I should have made this all more clear) that generators are done so quickly sometimes due to just terrible map design and balance.

    I am still right about most of this. As the match goes on, the killer becomes stronger and there are less pallets and fewer generators. This makes it much easier to pressure survivors off of generators because they start to stack up on them. However this can deviate through 3 main things which include map design, killer balance, and the survivors (SWF or solo). If you are Legion against a solo team on coal tower, you are probably going to do pretty well if you know what you are doing. If you are someone like Clown on the game against a 4 man SWF you might as well sit and pretend you're a statue because you sure aren't getting any kills this game.

    I am not shaming people for generators being done literally out of their control. I am saying that in the average game even if you are playing well do not panic if you cannot stop the generators from being done because you can still pull through but sometimes you lose generators due to your own mistakes.

  • The last few gens take a lot longer when someone is out of the game, which if you play well and not too fair - should be around the time there's like two gens left. From there, you can snowball and usually win

    That's obviously implying hexes are cleansed, games where things like ruin stay up all game is how killers can win at like 4 gens

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2194932#Comment_2194932

    This is not always the case. And yeah I know it isn't always the killer's fault (I guess I should have made this all more clear) that generators are done so quickly sometimes due to just terrible map design and balance.

    I am still right about most of this. As the match goes on, the killer becomes stronger and there are less pallets and fewer generators. This makes it much easier to pressure survivors off of generators because they start to stack up on them. However this can deviate through 3 main things which include map design, killer balance, and the survivors (SWF or solo). If you are Legion against a solo team on coal tower, you are probably going to do pretty well if you know what you are doing. If you are someone like Clown on the game against a 4 man SWF you might as well sit and pretend you're a statue because you sure aren't getting any kills this game.

    I am not shaming people for generators being done literally out of their control. I am saying that in the average game even if you are playing well do not panic if you cannot stop the generators from being done because you can still pull through but sometimes you lose generators due to your own mistakes.

    I can live with that.

    Overall the game needs some adjustments. Survivors should be the ones that feel pressured (you know, maniac killer trying to eat their liver or convert their face into a mask). But most of the times the killer is the one who feels pressured.