Could Someone Help me Figure out Why I'm Bad?

Sorry, I saw another thread earlier today where someone asked to get their clips reviewed and got some pretty good feedback. I wanted to ask if anyone had time that may be able to help me. I recorded three of my games with the intention of having my commentary as I played to help get inside what I was thinking, but my mic disconnected three minutes in and I didn't notice until it was done recording.

The best example of me falling apart at the seams is at the 2nd match, about 29 minutes to 40 or so.

I appreciate any advice you can give. Thank you!

Side note. I wanted to get monitor and abuse but have had no luck getting it in the blood web. I don't regularly use Noed but I just wanted to scratch out a few easy hooks in my games to get BBQ stacks and BP to hurry this grind up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnv3jRljOTQ


Comments

  • @RiskyKara said:

    Sorry, I saw another thread earlier today where someone asked to get their clips reviewed and got some pretty good feedback. I wanted to ask if anyone had time that may be able to help me. I recorded three of my games with the intention of having my commentary as I played to help get inside what I was thinking, but my mic disconnected three minutes in and I didn't notice until it was done recording.

    The best example of me falling apart at the seams is at the 2nd match, about 29 minutes to 40 or so.

    I appreciate any advice you can give. Thank you!

    Side note. I wanted to get monitor and abuse but have had no luck getting it in the blood web. I don't regularly use Noed but I just wanted to scratch out a few easy hooks in my games to get BBQ stacks and BP to hurry this grind up.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnv3jRljOTQ

    I'll watch this and get back to post directly. I want to review it to the same degree I do my own recordings and that sometimes takes a few viewings.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/250327/could-someone-help-me-figure-out-why-im-bad

    I'll watch this and get back to post directly. I want to review it to the same degree I do my own recordings and that sometimes takes a few viewings.

    That's very kind of you to take the time to do it. Thank you very much!

  • @RiskyKara said:

    Sorry, I saw another thread earlier today where someone asked to get their clips reviewed and got some pretty good feedback. I wanted to ask if anyone had time that may be able to help me. I recorded three of my games with the intention of having my commentary as I played to help get inside what I was thinking, but my mic disconnected three minutes in and I didn't notice until it was done recording.

    The best example of me falling apart at the seams is at the 2nd match, about 29 minutes to 40 or so.

    I appreciate any advice you can give. Thank you!

    Side note. I wanted to get monitor and abuse but have had no luck getting it in the blood web. I don't regularly use Noed but I just wanted to scratch out a few easy hooks in my games to get BBQ stacks and BP to hurry this grind up.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnv3jRljOTQ

    I don't play killer that much but I think you did awesome! The only one who got away was the last player near the hatch and there is not much you could have done about that. You pressured gens and players and didn't even have to resort to the all important camping and tunneling. As a solo survivor I can respect that. You played straight up.

  • This video is an hour long, so I'm going to review match by match since I tend to watch a match 2-3 times to make sure I didn't miss anything. So you will get a post from me for each, and probably be only one tonight. First, you aren't a "trash" Killer by any means. You have good basic skills. That being said you do a few things which aren't efficient and shoot yourself in the foot. The Survivors are just benefitting from your habits. Bear in mind that you asked for this critique so I'm going to be very direct and honest.

    1. You killed three in the first match so that is a win for the Killer. Kudos.
    2. You could have ended that match 5-8 minutes earlier but were hobbled by some odd choices.
    3. You jerk your view around rather violently rather than smoothly and go in and out of a crouch so often (and many times when not needed) that it causes you to lose the sight line and the Survivors. This means you have to find them all over again.
    4. You don't pay that much attention to the sounds of Generators and passed several being worked on when you weren't even in a chase. You should have dropped into stealth mode and gone in, if for no other reason than to drive them off. I saw this happen like four times that I'm certain of. Now you might have heard it and just decided it wasn't important or that you couldn't defend it, but I think you were too busy listening to Whispers and missed it.
    5. Let's talk about Whispers. Dump it. You spend a lot of time using Whispers to go "hot... cold... warm... hot" to hunt down the Survivors. Combine that with your rapidly shifting sight lines and you miss a lot of easy hits (and thus early downs). Whispers is great when you have immersed people hiding late game but early game it is a pain in the ass. With so many Survivors moving around it makes it very inaccurate. You were really leaning into it too and I think it extended your game. I'm not saying it is a terrible Perk but it clearly wasn't helping you that much. The noise of the Generators was deafening in most cases and you could have easily found them that way. It is not a good Perk to use in a chase.
    6. Let's talk about the Reverse Bear Traps. You wasted TWO on the Jake. Why? He was their weakest link. When you put the second on him, he would have been dead on hook. You could have used that trap on one of the more effective players and had him out of the game. If you can take someone out of the game, get rid of them. While he was their weakest link, the extra lease on life you gave him got another Generator up. One less guy squatting around would have been less confusion for your Whispers too. Me personally, I like to use my traps mid to late game when I want them desperate and in a pickle. When there are fewer of them, having traps on them slows them to a crawl and makes them not want to turn on those last Generators until the traps are removed. Early game traps are likely to waste the time of ONE person which you could have gotten just chasing and hooking. Using them too early robs you of that late game "up yours" to the Survivors. At the very least, don't waste traps on people you already can take out of the game, or know you can catch with ease. Put those traps on the pains in the rear to keep them busy and out of circulation a bit.
    7. You really like the Pig's lunge; I admit it is fun to do and like the sound of the lion myself. However, there are many times when a simple chase would have been a guaranteed down and using the special lunge actually extended your chase. Don't work harder than you have to.
    8. There isn't much reason to go into stealth mode in a chase. They already know you are there. They aren't going to stop running away just because your heartbeat suddenly stops. They just know you went crouch and are M1'ing their butts to the other side of the map knowing you just got slowed down. I'm sure once in awhile going stealth confuses people and you get a hit, but trust me I think you would do better not using it inside a chase. Besides, as I said earlier it obscures your view and at least three times you lost the Survivors because of it.
    9. When you went after the Jake upstairs you were in crouch and came around and did the super lunge and hit him, but I am 100% certain you could have crouched right up to him come up and grabbed him. That chase would have ended immediately and you could have used him for bait. One of the benefits of Stealth mode is the grab. And why we are on the subject of stealth, why all the in and out of it when you were hiding near the basement and the rescue was going on. All that did was make it harder on you to hit. Why stealth at all when you KNOW both are in the basement. Stand at the top of the stairs and just wait. They can't get by you without at least one of them getting hit. You would have zero chance of missing. You gave yourself a chance and got lucky to hit. More to the point when you stand menacingly at the stop of the stairs it looks cool and SOMETIMES (quite often in fact) one will run through you and get hit and the other turns around and goes back into the basement hoping you will chase the first one out. Then you hit both and it is usually the wounded one that goes back down. I know it sounds silly but Survivors do it ALL THE TIME.
    10. Speaking of grabs, at the end there when it was down to the two girls, why did you hit her when she went from the unhook rather than just grab her? You were in total control of that chase and she wasn't faking the unhook. Just a regular tap attack should have picked her up ended it with a 4K.

    That's it for the things I think you could improve. Listening to me rattle on ten bullet points must make you feel like I think you were terrible. I think you were good; you won. I just think you could have won a lot faster. You cut corners well. You have good instincts for when Survivors are doubling back (the problem that is the exception not the rule). You don't seem to get tilted, but then again I could not hear your commentary. :) I'm just guessing about that part. You never seemed to lose your cool or be desperate. And you didn't seem to be adverse to taking a pallet. I consider that a good thing. Far too many Killers treat getting hit by a pallet as the worst thing in the world. You know how to go through it get that hit even if you get a stun. All of these are great. I just prefer to end a critique on what I liked rather than what I didn't.

  • Ok, here is my critique for your second match. Obviously you know that things went south. It was four escapes, an overwhelming Survivor win. I'm pretty sure you have a good idea of what I'm going to say based on my last commentary, but I promised to give this my all. Again, you asked for the critique, so try not to let ego rise up in your throat as I point out a few things. You were up against some disadvantages that you did NOT have the first game.

    1. As already mentioned, Survivor w/four escapes. Kudos for fighting it to the bitter end.
    2. You were facing a SWF. There is no doubt about it. The coordination they had for picking up slugged comrades and planning hook rescues doesn't just happen. One would lead you off and the other would pop out. Toward the end of the match when you had the Dwight hooked by the exit, one went across the map to make noise. And they instantly fanned out to find your NOED in coordinated search patterns. A SWF is always going to be a bit harder to fight, and a well-coordinated SWF on a large map is tough for anyone. You had another problem; see next point.
    3. The new Cold Wind Farms maps are chock full of terrain (and corn) which limit line of sight. This hit you 10x as hard because you spent so much time going in and out of crouch. You couldn't see at all. You were relying almost entirely on Whispers or just hoping to run into one. The Survivors, by comparison to you, had a pretty good view, and I expect even when you were in crouch their angle of sight created a situation where they were more likely to spot you first. You spent too much time crouching. On to my next point...
    4. On a big map like that, particularly with poor LOS, don't go into stealth mode at the start. It just increases the amount of time it is going to take you to find a Survivor. If you prefer to play that way you need Corrupt Intervention in the worst possible way. That would have cut down on how many Generators they could work for the first two minutes and given you the time to play sneaky pig. Even so, I still don't think it is the best option. Let's be honest, they are going to spot those Jigsaw Stations really fast. They know it is Pig they are facing almost immediately. You aren't going to catch anyone by surprise that it is a stealth Killer. I think you need to find them fast, establish some pressure and get that first down. Then use the Stealth more and more as you get some Reverse Bear Traps on them. You didn't have this problem in the Old West match because there are lots of clear lines of sight. Your tendency to whip your viewpoint around and go in and out of crouch cost you some downs but it didn't kill you. On Cold Win you were fighting blind.
    5. Whispers did nothing for you. By the time you heard anything with Whispers you could clearly hear the Generator. Again, I think that Perk is useful for hunting immersed people but slows you down if you are relying on it to home in on people that you can find by normal means. And as I said in the previous critique, early game there are lots of Survivors. If they are near each other moving around (as this SWF was doing from time to time) it makes the Perk useless as you hear whispers coming from every direction. There wasn't one time in that game where you found someone that the Generator hadn't already given them away.
    6. But let's talk Generators. Three times you came up sneaky on a Generator that was clearly being worked. You came around and the Survivor was gone. Sometimes you would kick it and sometimes not but then you left. Your Whispers had told you the Survivor was there. The Generator clearly indicated they were there. Why did you leave? :) In one of them (if you watch the video again carefully) you can actually see the Survivor slipping around the terrain. You just didn't spot her. If you watch again you will see it. If you knew she was there, and that Generator was close (it was) you should assume she didn't go far. She wanted that Generator done. Why go run back into the corn blind to start searching again when one of the pesky Survivors is within 9 meters of you at most? I don't want to come on too strong here. I know you were getting a bit discombobulated by that point. Your search patterns showed it and had become entirely random. It happens to all of us when we know we are getting waffle-stomped. If that happens again, just take a breath and play the game calmly and see what you can practice. The more agitated you get, the more desperate, the more things you miss. I'm going to stick with Generators here for a bit longer. I didn't go into this last critique because it didn't matter. I wasn't sure it was a problem (only suspected it) until this match. You are not systematic in your Generator routes. Lots of Generators were never passed; you didn't even go close enough for a listen. On a big map you just can't afford to be choosing which ones to check randomly. You end up checking the same ones multiple times while they bang away at those unguarded ones. Besides, the best way to find Survivors is at Generators. You sure as heck weren't going to find them at random on that map.
    7. Let's talk Dwight. I'm not going in chronological order here, btw. When you got that Dwight down, you clearly decided that your only chance to get anyone at the end of the match was to camp. You were correct. Things were that bad. What I didn't understand is why you hooked him BY a gate, and then opened it. It all but assured that if someone did come to get him and somehow got past you they both would get out (even with NOED). More to the point, a DS would have been awful there. I didn't think it was a problem hanging him near the gate. I just think you should have hidden and left the gate shut. They were VERY GOOD Survivors and when someone came up they would have gone to open the gate first, thinking they should 99 it before alerting you to their presence. Their mindset would have been, 99 it... then unhook Dwight and by the time the Pig gets back we will both be out. You could have gotten that one while she played for the gate and then intercepted the third coming in for the unhook. The fourth was off looking for your Totem. I just don't see why you would open it. Because if you did go to hook one you dropped coming in for the save, you would have to go so far away for the next hook that the rescue of the Dwight would be a given and those two could still get out the door. You might have had some reasoning I'm missing. Perhaps you thought starting the EGC would make them reckless to get their friend, or keep them from looking for your NOED? Or perhaps you thought with NOED in play the rest would be more likely to leave? I'm sure you had a reason, I just don't think it was the best play.
    8. You didn't get as many hooks this time, and so many damn generators were up before you were really getting them that your Reverse Bear Traps didn't pay you dividends. This time, I can't really get a read on what you would have done because you didn't get a chance to really use them properly.
    9. In regards to camping, if you are going to do it, do it right. :) I can tell you don't make a habit of camping or using the honeypot strategy. How do I know this? You hid in a spot where anyone coming from three primary direction would have been able to see you. You just got lucky she came from the one direction you weren't visible to. Getting lucky is not a good plan. Also, you left the area for some reason after starting to camp. I wasn't sure what you were thinking or why, but it gave them the new rescues. You had no reason at that point to leave. You could have forced the draw. For whatever reason you abandoned the camping, did a short patrol and then came back too late to prevent them making a run for it. It is almost as if you wanted to go find whomever killed your NOED. Once your NOED was done you absolutely should NOT have left. In for a penny is in for a pound.
    10. Finally, you must be one of those people who tries to avoid Tunneling. At the end there, you had a choice between targets. You could have hit the Dwight who just got unhooked and you already knew had no DS or the person unhooking him; you went after the other one instead of Dwight (the uninjured one). This was a terrible bet because with no NOED and the gate (which you opened) nearby, a hit on her all but assured she would get out. It was better odds to hit the Dwight again... TUNNEL his butt... because one shot would put him down short of Borrowed Time. He was a better choice but some weird moray has been grilled into you and you chose not to Tunnel. That is why ALL of them got out. :)

    I know I sounded much worse on you this time. I'm sure you expected it. On a good note you still weren't afraid of the Pallet. You still remained cool under pressure until the end of the match when it was getting pretty obvious everything that could go wrong had gone wrong. And you had the good sense to ask us what we think. We all have bad games; this was one of yours. I think you were facing some tough opposition on an unfriendly map (at least for your playstyle with Pig) and your crouch habits hurt you. The caving in at the end of the match could happen to anyone. I've had it happen to me. I only commented on some of them so you can work them. My chief take away is don't use your Stealth so much that you are too slow, particularly on a big map. Consider Corrupt Intervention as a replacement to Whispers and hunt by Generator and Survivor sounds and keeping an eye out for crows and movement. And never open the damn gate right behind the last person you just hooked. :)

  • I play Pig more than any other killer. I'm not "great" by any stretch of the imagination, and I've only been playing for a year, but I think I can offer a little bit of critique. I make plenty of mistakes and recognize some in others' play, so I hope this is helpful in some way.

    As Moundshroud said, you're not "bad" -- you do some things well, and you have things you need to work on. I've been at Red Ranks for a while now and have been a Rank 1, and I still make plenty of mistakes, so there's nothing for you to be overly harsh on yourself about -- every match is a potential learning experience to get better.

    That said, I focused on looking at your 2nd match, since that's the one that you said you "fell apart at the seams". I'm sure I missed things in that match, but these are some of the things I noticed while watching that I would have done differenty or thought were worth commenting on:

    -- First, your loadout. You mentioned trying to grind your way to get more perks, and running certain ones out of necessity or lack of better options. I agree with Moundshroud that Whispers is a perk that you could probably ditch -- it's great for finding survivors at the start of the match or the last one at the end, but its weakness is in the middle of the game, and I think it did you more harm than good in this match. I run Ruin/Undying (paired with Pig's own perk, Surveillance) for gen slowdown, or since you're running Pop, you could pair that up with Corrupt to give you some additional slowdown. As is, Pop is only good if you're getting hooks (and even then, it can be unreliable -- see your not being able to Pop a gen after a hook after you hooked Dwight in the basement as an example). You weren't getting hooks, so Pop wasn't helping you. Ruin -- if it had stayed up -- would have done you more work with the playstyle you used in this match. But getting to that ...

    -- 29:42 -- You've found yourself a survivor in the Silo pretty early and start chase. They run you to a pallet, which you chose to break, even as they were apparently leaving the loop immediately. Instead of continuing the chase, you go back to the silo, kick the breakable wall, and then kick the generator, which barely has any work on it. Losing chase with the 1st survivor you find can be a huge setback -- purposefully abandoning it is a mistake. Even your finding someone else at 30:06 means you've wasted time, and a gen has already popped. If you'd stayed in chase with that first survivor, there's the outside chance you down and hat them before the gen pops, or if not, the chase might have brought you into the direction where that 1st gen was finished, and you might have been able to chase THAT survivor away in the process. In any case, you shouldn't have left that first chase. Which leads to ...

    -- 30:38 -- You're chasing Claudette and land a hit. Then you ... abandon the chase again to push a healthy survivor off of a gen (which won't be regressing), and then quickly abandon THAT chase to go back to shack, presumably looking for Claudette. You find the Claudette again, but she easily could have booked it far away from shack at that point and you would have had nothing to work with. It feels like you're trying to hit and run, but that's not what you need to be doing here. If you had stayed on Claudette when you first had her injured, you might have gotten her down before the 2nd gen pops at 31:12 and gotten an active trap on someone, applying pressure and more importantly, getting at least one survivor off of gens.

    -- 31:34 -- You're chasing Claudette around a strong loop at the Pig Tree, but instead of continuing it (and at least getting the pallet down), you abandon a chase AGAIN. That's 4 chases you've abandoned in the first 2 minutes of the match. By the time you find Dwight back on the gen near shack at 31:48, everyone else is back to full health. You have no map pressure at this point, and it's essentially left you with the first two minutes of the match gone by with nothing done. Some killers can still get away with that -- Piggie normally isn't one of them.

    -- 32:10 -- You land a hit and both down the Dwight AND get the pallet down. That was nice. You pick him up, only to see the hook saboed in front of you. I would have gone and hooked him at the hook you saw when you turned around at 32:27 -- you should have had the time to get him there before he wiggled off, but you decided to drop him and go after another survivor. If you had an injured survivor near you, that would have possibly been a good move, but with everyone at full health, you're likely looking at Dwight getting picked up, and you still won't have a hook in the bag. Eventually, they do pick up Dwight, but you do down him and get him into the basement, so it wasn't a total loss. At this point, you have a hook, the next gen that pops will give Dwight an active trap (and experience says he'll be going to get that trap off as soon as he's unhooked, active or not, so at least he wont be on a gen) -- so the game isn't lost at this point. The gen popping at 33:30 is the example of bad timing costing Pop its value.

    -- 33:35 -- You down the injured Claudette after she pops the gen. Slugging here might not have been a bad move, or at least circling back to Dwight to see if someone was coming for the rescue. If the injured survivor is the one headed for the rescue of Dwight and you catch them on the way there, you could potentially down them and snowball to a win from there. Hooking the Claudette, though, isn't wrong -- I probably do the same thing -- just throwing out a potential alternative that could have drastically turned the game around.

    -- 33:50 -- You see 2 people on BBQ (one of which is the injured Dwight, just off of hook). You crouch walk towards them -- I would have stayed upright. Most survivors are going to assume a killer has BBQ, and they're a long way away. Plus, they are going to assume you're coming for them, since they've just had an unhook and it's the logical place for you to go. The longer it takes for you to get there -- and moving at 3.6 m/s while crouching means that they'll be long gone by the time you get there. Pig's crouch should only be used selectively, and almost never solely to move across the map. By the time you're there at 34:10, Claudette is off her hook and those two are somewhere else. You Pop the gen, but again, your map pressure is evaporating.

    -- 34:50 -- You chase Claudette off of a Jigsaw Box, miss a swing that could have downed her, then get pallet stunned, then lose her. Instead of going straight after her after breaking the pallet, you took a weird path and she had vanished. You know she wasn't in the locker (she was clearly headed in a straight line away from you when you broke the pallet), so that was a strange choice to check it. You start crouching again to move around the map, when you need to throw stealth out the window at this point -- there needs to be an urgency to get people downed (and trapped) ASAP.

    -- 35:38 -- The crouch at this point is a good example of unnecessary stealth. If there had been someone on that gen you go to kick, your terror radius would already have alerted them by the time you're crouching in the shack -- the stealth here isn't doing you any good, but it is making it take longer to get around when you're desperate to get someone downed. At 36:00, the 4th gen pops, and you're fighting a losing battle at this point, with only two hooks and no one in real danger from traps. The Nea you hit at 36:17 heads back to the Pig Tree -- where you didn't commit to the chase earlier (and possibly could have gotten rid of the pallet before, saving you valuable time here). You yank the Nea out of the locker just as the last gen popped, which was unfortunate timing -- getting her trapped before then could have been huge.

    -- 36:58 -- You open the gate yourself after hooking the Nea, even with NOED active. I'm guessing you were frustrated at that point, but NOED could have helped you snowball -- you down someone coming for a rescue. You legitimately could have tried to slug at this point, if you hadn't already opened the door right by the action. The door being opened forced you to pick up the Nea, then eventually drop her. You had stayed by the person on the hook before, but once your NOED is broken, THEN you leave -- the other two survivors were injured, and if you had stayed with the hooked survivor and the slug, the other two were going to have to either heal up first or risk getting downed themselves. You do catch the Dwight, but the other two survivors are unhooked/picked up at this point. At this point, there's not much you can do.

    So overall, I know this probably came across as incredibly nitpicky and harsh -- please don't take it that way. I love watching OhTofu's Gameplay reviews, and I tried to model this critque after the way he does his. I could point you to hundreds of killer videos I have and people could easily point out the ridiculous number of mistakes I make and the potato play I have, so there's nothing for you to feel badly about. Like I said, I watched this match since it's the one that you thought went the worst -- I saw a little of the first match that Moundshroud commented on, and I saw a lot of nice plays, so you're definitely not "bad" -- you're learning, like most of the rest of us all still are.

    If I had general tips to give, it would mainly be to commit to chases more and not abandon them the way you did in that 2nd match. I would also crouch less, and definitely don't do so to move across the map as a rule. Run another slowdown perk -- whether that be Corrupt, Ruin, even Sloppy Butcher could be helpful. You can lose gens -- I've won any number of matches watching 2 or even 3 gens getting popped before I can snowball, but ideally, you want to have someone trying to get a trap off, someone on a hook, and someone running from you, leaving the 4th survivor to get off of gens -- rinse and repeat until someone is dead, and you're able to get even more pressure on.

    Hope this wasn't too harsh -- I certainly didn't intend it to be so. We all have bad matches -- I've been curbstomped as Piggie in matches worse than this, and even the best players I've seen have bad matches, so don't be discouraged! Good luck in your future games!

  • Ok, final match, the third one. I'm actually kind of glad this was the last one because I think it confirms something for me and I can really focus in on what I think will help you. A lot of what I'm going to say is going to be repetition but more clarified. Again, take these comments with a grain of salt and understand I think you are a good Killer. You just have some areas that could use some work.

    1. You won. However, that win was more a result of their bad play. Still a win is a win.
    2. You were up again Solos and on a comparatively SMALL map with lots of open sight lines.
    3. I think you should review the video yourself and number the Generators as you visit them Then graph which ones get visited. I think you will find this VERY telling. You actually remained almost entirely within 1/3 of the map for most of the match. You visited a very small number of Generators, so it isn't surprising that they got all but one up in short order. As I commented in the critique of the last match, you don't have systematic Generator pressure. You are entirely random, and this causes you to NOT visit or even come close enough to listen to many Generators. You return to the same ones multiple times. Even on this small map, this almost cost you the game. If you are going to do this, you need to at least be rotating through a 3-Gen that you have identified early on. That isn't the case in this match. I think it really was kind of random which 1/3 of the map you kept rotating around in because it wasn't a 3-Gen. Your late game success only took place because of the collapse of the Survivor's commonsense AND a good late game use of a Reverse Bear Trap.
    4. This is a positive thing. Did you notice how much MORE value you got out of the Reverse Bear Trap on the Dwight? You did that one late game and it kept him off Generators and useless until the end of the match. Otherwise they would have gotten that last Generator. Consider how much more effective it would have been to use them all later. Because it was a small map, any traps you threw on early were going to be off quick, particularly since you weren't routing Jigsaw Stations anymore than you were Generators. I honestly think your game was saved by that one late Trap which tied up the Dwight, and really want to emphasize that later game traps are better for you.
    5. You made some odd choices dealing with the Generators you did cover. For example, early on when a Generator was almost done you ran a BUNCH of them off of it and then proceeded to run one down. You should have hooked her immediately, but because you stopped to do the trap, it allowed them MORE time to slam those Generators that were close. At a later time again, you came close to a Generator right on the edge but just followed someone away when you knew more than one had to be there. That got them that Generator. The reason I'm harping on this is the generators I'm talking about are in that SMALL area you chose to actually hang out in most of the game. At the very least, if you limit yourself to a small section of the map, no Generator in that section should be coming up.
    6. In regards to the basement, you had a chance early on to to put a down into the basement but you hooked outside for some reason. You were right next to the shack. I can only assume that you didn't realize the basement was down there. The next time you downed someone near the shack you did use it. The angle of the down showed you the hooks when you picked that person up. This tells me that the first opportunity you had was missed simply because you didn't see the hooks due to the angle you picked the person up. A basic Killer skill is to always KNOW where your basement is located from the very start of the match. You should NOT need seeing those four hooks to remind you. It is your strong point, and pretty much should be what you gun for if at all possible.
    7. Your movement is still way too jerky. You need to slow down or adjust your sensitivity or something. The way you yank your viewpoint around as you move causes you to miss things. When it comes to turning, as opposed to moving around, slower and smoother is better. You need to be able to see those crows go into the air, catch a glimpse of that movement in the distance and so on. You were helped by all the open LOS in this map, but you still missed things because of how you look around. I cannot emphasize this enough. Go watch videos of Otz, Monto, Stalky Boi, etc. and compare how they turn and look around to how you do it. Sometimes people are jerky but the majority of time they are looking around rather smoothly.
    8. Again track the time you spent in crouch versus upright and chasing people. Your most effective chases, you were standing up and just took them down fast. When you were going into a crouch and slinking around you had to work three times as hard and they always knew you were coming anyway. :)

    I don't need to go to ten this time. I saw improvement in how often you stayed upright and just ran people down. That was great. You are FINE when you aren't crouching or trying so hard to super lunge. You loop pretty well when you stick to looping. Just focus on staying upright and resist going in and out of crouch. Do it when you have a clear reason and plan. Also remember that SOMETIMES a Terror Radius is your friend and helps you flush people off a Generator. Do more of the traps late game, as this match shows how much more effect you got out of the later one than the earlier one. And you need to be systematic in your Generator routes. Please do number those Gens and review the match again. You are going to find you barely went near any of the Generators. Anyway, I hope you didn't find me too direct or harsh. You are NOT a trash Killer. You just have some inefficient habits.

  • You won two out of three of those games, so I don't think you're bad, though I understand how some of it could feel frustrating.

    The main observation I would make is that you seem distractable. There are long segments of all three matches where it seems like you're getting pulled around the map by loud noises instead of playing your own game. It also seems like you bail on chases pretty often, particularly when you get confused about the scratch marks and temporarily lose the survivor.

    When I was starting out, I used to bail on chases really easily and go kick a pallet or something, because I felt stupid circling a rock and trying to figure out if someone was hiding behind it. Now, I just accept that I look stupid all the time, and triple-check the rock -- which often leads to finding the survivor.

    It might be an interesting experiment to play a few games where you super commit to chases to see how that feels, even if you scale it back afterward.

    There are some other things that I think are just game sense and experience -- missing details in the environment that tell you where somebody went, or being able to predict survivor movement/d-strike/etc. I don't think there's any way to deliberately practice that except by playing more.

    Pig main stuff: I notice you're crouching a lot. You're good at landing dash attacks so, if you're crouching for the dash, that's totally valid, but, if you're doing it for stealth, you do it a) earlier than I would, b) more often than I would, and c) in situations where people already know you're there, and will then become suspicious because you went into stealth. You also like to camp the hook using stealth, which is okay during EGC, but mostly wastes your time when the gens are still going. You could be pressuring three people instead of two, if you just chased somebody else.

    The other Pig thing I would say is that, if you have more than one chase available, going for the person who doesn't have a trap yet is usually the stronger move, since the trap person's already busy with the Jigsaw boxes. It slows things down more that way.

  • First of all I am not the best killer and other people probably are giving way better feedback but I just gonna say what I saw wrong in the 2nd match also I dont play Pig much so there might be some misplays of her power I miss


    @29:02 Pointless crouch you just spawned in and whispers is off so there is no survivors near you there is no need to sneak it just slows you down. 

    @29:38 You kinda just mindgamed yourself and I struggle with corn vision a bit too but it was pretty obvious from her movement during the pallet break she was going straight

    @29:51 It is a bit of a useless kick there is barely any progress on the gen and you are spending 3 seconds to kick it

    @30:10 I am not 100% sure since you werent looking but feng made the falling noise which would have been a free hit since you are so close.

    @30:10 Also you shouldn't ditch the feng to chase Claudette. She has much more distance and is running to shack which is a very strong loop against a lot of killers includint pig

    @30:31 You just kinda spin around if it was an attempt at a mindgame you are too near the window and the Claudette can see you

    @30:42 That window is entity blocked and the Claudette has a medkit so she will be able to heal quickly by herself if you leave her alone

    @30:42 Pointless crouch Dwight is literally looking at you. It is just wasting time by crouching and uncrouching.

    @30:45 Are you looking for another survivor or did you just lose Dwight? If there was a 2nd survivor working on it would likely have much more progress.

    @31:33 Claudette is at a strong loop however it is very likely she is almost fully healed.

    @31:35 Good use of coruch you know Dwight likely went back to his gen and stay out of LOS giving you a free hit. 

    @32:10 I cant really comment on this chase except Dwight seems to be bad at looping and like to hold W. He might be the weak link in the team that you can tunnel to cripple their gen speeds. Yes people dont like tunneling but one of the best ways to win as killer is just tunnel the weakest link.

    @32:51 Ignoring the healthy Nea to down Dwight again smart.

    @33:00 You try to decide weather to chase Nea or not and make the right choice to just pick up Dwight. You probably should have made the decision a bit faster as Dwight almost made it to the pallet so his team could pallet save hit.

    @33:20 Once again a pointless crouch they might not seem like a big deal but these are beginning to pile up. 

    @33:44 Another minor thing but you probably should have went towards the other survivors to hook Claudette it would just be a minor time save. 

    @34:06 You miss an injured Dwight on a box this is a pretty huge mistake. Even just making him stop the action would have made him take another 12 seconds. A few second later you can also hear his whimpering

    @34:35 You can hear the repair noise of someone being on a gen but you miss it.

    @33:45 You now finally get into another chase. You had spent a minute out of chase even though twice you heard audio clues as to where survivors were.

    @33:55 I think that was just a weird deadhard unlucky

    @35:01 Once again you see Claudette leaving yet you still mindgame yourself and even search a locker. 

    @35:32 You miss the Nea crouching behind the bales.

    @35:59 There is no repair sounds which means there is likely nobody on it right now charging ambush from that distance is too risky even if someone was on the gen they could probably avoid it. 

    @36:06 Once again a pointless crouch there is no point crouching only to uncrouch moments later unless you are mindgaming someone to leave a loop by faking ambush

    @36:18 It may have been worth it to kick this gen it is very VERY close to being finished and it appears Nea was the only one working on it unless there was another survivor hiding nearby

    @36:56 Never open doors unless you are setting up for some bloodwarden play you are doing the survivors objective for them and a save on Nea with BT guarantees her escape.

    @37:28 Had the doors not been open you could have slugged the Nea and camp her and feng at the same time.

    @37:46 You try to slug and camp them both but you have already carried Nea for 9 seconds and dropped her so she is very close to wiggling off.

    @38:08 Really no reason to leave these two. Once survivor is trying to get your attention by cleansing NOED and dropping a pallet while the other one is coming in for the rescue and escape

    @38:21 I barely caught it but there is scratchmarks right in front of you pause the video to see them. 

    All in all not the worst match you didnt depip and still got 5 hooks. Mainly where you struggled was just missing things visually or audibly

    BTW: I hope this post doesn't come off as rude I was just showing as many mistakes as I could see, we all have rough games and I have had worse games than this with killers much better than pig.

  • Now this right here is the kinda stuff that restores my faith in this community; people willing to write Declaration Of Independence long posts to help someone improve, great stuff!

    I have an ass-load of homework I need to get too, but if I have the time later I'll try and give some critiques.

  • @Moundshroud @ChiSoxFan11 @Hex_Llama @Friendly_Blendette

    Oh goodness there was a lot of helpful advice given in response. I really appreciate everyone taking the time to analyze it in depth and give thoughtful feedback on how I can improve. The responses were far more than I ever expected, and everyone added something new to comment on.

    I meant to write a novel in response to everyone's commentary, maybe go point by point as to 'why' I was doing what I did but I think I'll just keep my responses more general. 

    One thing that came pretty much on everyone's critique is how much I crouched. It's a weird habit of mine, I'd say 30% of the time I crouched because whispers procced and I wanted to get the jump on someone, the other 40% I thought I could use a lunge to mindgame somewhere, and the rest was my saying to myself "Wait what the hell am I doing?" I wish my microphone was on because there was a lot of "Wait no that's stupid." Self identifying some of these issues.

    Another thing that came up a few times was my use of Whispers. It's not really my favorite perk, honestly it seems kind of weak to me. However I keep reading people say Whispers, Monitor, Enduring and BBQ was a fantastic combo for Pig so I was trying to work my way towards that goal. I was hearing people say that pig has a built in slowdown and I shouldn't use perks for additional slowdown, instead focus on beefing up what she lacks. 

    As far as abandoning chases. This is another part I wish my mic was working on these recordings. I just straight up lost people sometimes, maybe I was getting frustrated (Especially on the SWF) but there were moments where I just realized I had no idea where the hell anyone was anymore. When I got to a generator and saw nobody there but signs of them being there I was thinking "Maybe they moved to another gen? Maybe I'm wasting too much time looking for them." and wanted to pursue hunting them down when they were probably right next to me (As whispers often says.) I think that is one thing that makes me make bad plays, I fear wasting my time so much that I end up wasting more. 

    I fear dedicating too much time to a chase (Especially when the survivors are on a strong loop) when I could be making progress somewhere else. So I hit one, realize the next hit is going to take some time and my time could be better spent elsewhere. Which means a net zero when nothing positive comes from it. It is frustrating dedicating a whole minute or two to downing one person and a gen pops while you're hooking them, doesn't feel like a fantastic trade.

    As far as opening the exit gate on the SWF goes. I was kind of hoping to pressure them to make their move or GTFO, cut their loses. Everything snowballed against me pretty fast from there. I saw realize two were healing and I thought I could control their pathing to maybe get a solid hit in before the rescue (Pressure them to trade lives) but then the guy tricked me with the noise ping (I thought it was a bad skill check on a heal) and once I realized the other one had scrambled to go for the rescue he was all I had left and I had to make it count.

    I also struggled a bit with wanting to be 'polite' and follow the survivors handbook. I know it's all bullshit and people will be angry at you if you win, but there's some stupid part of me that doesn't want to make it too bullshit on survivors that is a bit of a limiter whenever I do get an upper hand. 

    Another thing I'm kind of 'Oh ######### it's so obvious'ing about is the commentary on how I never seem to have a plan of attack for generators. It seems stealth and proper scouting go out the window in the midgame for me since there is always 'something' going on to distract me. I see a survivor, I hear a gen, I feel like someone's gotta be close, and that keeps distracting me from being focused and methodical on the bigger picture. Everything becomes so gosh darn chaotic and everything is happening at once and the next thing I know the game is over, all the gens are complete and it all fell. That's the biggest takeaway from the feedback, for me to be more thoughtful in the bigger picture whenever I do anything, and meaningfully patrol the entire map to see what's going on globally. I always feel some general fear of going to the really far gens, I feel like what if I walk all the way there and there's no progress, or worse I get there just as it pops and the trip was for naught. I need to shake that fear and just eat the travel time.

    Again thank you all so much for the advice. I'm going to try and put these things into practice in a few games and see if I can make some meaningful improvement in my style.

    Here's to not crouching 24/7.

  • @QwQw said:

    Now this right here is the kinda stuff that restores my faith in this community; people willing to write Declaration Of Independence long posts to help someone improve, great stuff!

    I have an ass-load of homework I need to get too, but if I have the time later I'll try and give some critiques.

    I had a geography and irish exam the next morning lmao thats why I only analysed 1 match xD. I just always find these super helpful when people do them for me so I wanted to try and help other people out.