New item idea: Backpack

I posted this in a different thread earlier, though I’ve made a few extra additions. Anyway, I’d like to see what you guys think of it.

Th Backpack - find one in a chest and survive to claim the items inside it. 

  • It will contain either 2 or 3 random items (depending on rarity) that are fully loaded with add-ons.
  • Wearing the backpack does not force you to drop your currently equipped item. It can still be used.
  • The backpack appears on your character and is highly visible. Furthermore, there’s a risk that killers will target you to deny you the treasure. Teammates may let you die in order to scavenge. High risk, high reward.
  • Cannot be unequipped. Can be recovered from dead survivors (lol, that’s an oxymoron there).
  • The killer earns a random add-on after the match for each survivor he hooks that is wearing a backpack.


Comments

  • I actually like this idea.

    It would give survivors some actual choices to make beyond "should I screw over my team or not?"

  • @Beelzeboop said:

    I actually like this idea.

    It would give survivors some actual choices to make beyond "should I screw over my team or not?"

    Thanks, I’m glad you like it! I think this would be a lot of fun with a nice reward. Both killer and survivor benefit, but there’s definitely a lot of risk involved too. It’s a great way to get yourself targeted and possibly tunneled.

    Nevertheless, it’s almost like adding a new optional objective to the game - for both roles! I would love to see this added!

  • Something unaccounted for in your post: when and by whom can these items be used? During the trial? By the survivor with the backpack equipped, other survivors, or both? Only by escaping with it?

  • @GoshJosh said:

    Something unaccounted for in your post: when and by whom can these items be used? During the trial? By the survivor with the backpack equipped, other survivors, or both? Only by escaping with it?

    You’re right, I should clarify better. The backpack is found in a chest, so it can only be equipped during the trial. When equipped, it is purely cosmetic so that people can see that you have it.

    As for the items themselves, you only earn these AFTER the match if you escape with the backpack. During the match, you can use the items you bring or find as you normally would, but you can NOT retrieve or use items from a backpack.

    In other words, it makes you look different, but doesn’t affect the match. You must survive to benefit from it and have items added to your inventory.

  • @yobuddd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2194658#Comment_2194658

    You’re right, I should clarify better. The backpack is found in a chest, so it can only be equipped during the trial. When equipped, it is purely cosmetic so that people can see that you have it.

    As for the items themselves, you only earn these AFTER the match if you escape with the backpack. During the match, you can use the items you bring or find as you normally would, but you can NOT retrieve or use items from a backpack.

    In other words, it makes you look different, but doesn’t affect the match. You must survive to benefit from it and have items added to your inventory.

    Sounds reasonably balanced and fun! Thank you for clarifying!

  • That seems fun, I like it.