Why i never go past rank 9 (rant)

So i played a couple of purple rank matches, and it has once again proven my stance that DBD past Green ranks is about as fun as having thumbscrews attached and having your best mate take glee in slowly twisting them further

Same stuff every match, SWF with toolboxes, all the gens get done insanely quickly, and every time i chase someone they play super efficiently and if i hit them they generally have Dead Hard and Iron WIll and i lose them

then we get to the chat,

I've had EZ spam today

I've had "get better at the game" thrown my way (like i want to get better if it means i have to deal with Basement-dwelling cretins like you more often)

I've had all sorts of insults that completely ignore the fact that a person playing for fun will never beat a 4man swf with coms and good coordination

So you know what? i ain't partaking in it, i'm playing Depipster for a bit then waiting for the reset next month, how some of you have fun playing at these ranks i have zero clue


(Apologies for ranting, really needed to get that off my chest, i just don't understand how people have fun playing this game and actively making the other side completely miserable, ######### purples, ######### reds, keep me in Greens with some baby survivors i can meme with and i am happy)


EDIT: I didn't think it was possible to see a number going from 8 to 9 to give the same sense of euphoria of getting home from a long day of work and snuggling with some popcorn, a soft blanket and a dog while watching a movie but oh it felt so good

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I don't doubt you're experiencing this, but i can't relate at all.

    I like green ranks too, but i feel no difference between it and purple.

    Oh, so i guess you have a clue now as to why i like these ranks: I don't have your experience and you don't have mine.

  • @Boss said:

    I don't doubt you're experiencing this, but i can't relate at all.

    I like green ranks too, but i feel no difference between it and purple.

    Oh, so i guess you have a clue now as to why i like these ranks: I don't have your experience and you don't have mine.

    Personal experience tends to dictate a lot of my opinions about this game (for example, my opinions about MMR) but hey, if you have fun at purples then i ain't gonna stop you

  • Well, you get used to it.

    But, now that I was reset to a rank 20, guess I got some time away from those games.

    But rank 20 is also hell, Survivors are a joke and you feel bad even playing against them, besides the smurf squads who's day you get to ruin.

    But, as solo, your teammates are completely new and allergic to gennys.

  • @Clevite said:

    Well, you get used to it.

    But, now that I was reset to a rank 20, guess I got some time away from those games.

    But rank 20 is also hell, Survivors are a joke and you feel bad even playing against them, besides the smurf squads who's day you get to ruin.

    But, as solo, your teammates are completely new and allergic to gennys.

    this is why i play around the middle of the ranks, Low and High ranks are just bullying sessions, the only difference is which side is bullying the other

    Greens though? You get a pretty good mix of decent survivors and decent killers with the occasional spike, i call it the Spice of DBD for a reason

  • Red ranks, purple ranks, green ranks, doesn't matter. All ranks does is increase the chances of going against a tourney squad by a tiny bit. Ranks don't mean a damn thing, you'll get SWF no matter what. And even in red ranks there are still tones of potatoes and you very rarely even get 1 amazing survivor on a team.

  • "Get better at the game"... Like they were top players when they first played themselves.

    I don't know. Some players don't know that thing called respect.

  • @sadghost said:

    Sadly the same old boringly predictable appalling poor sportsmanship you expect from anything green rank and up.

    Nothing new there.

    i honestly don't know why i even bother on occasion, it's the same crap every time but i just want to see how quickly i can shut down any good mood i'm in

  • @Shroompy said:

    Red ranks, purple ranks, green ranks, doesn't matter. All ranks does is increase the chances of going against a tourney squad by a tiny bit. Ranks don't mean a damn thing, you'll get SWF no matter what. And even in red ranks there are still tones of potatoes and you very rarely even get 1 amazing survivor on a team.

    Ranking up is way too easy IMO. I consider myself purple in terms of running skills... but I'm usually rank 3/2. 🤷🏻‍♀️

  • @TheMadCat said:

    "Get better at the game"... Like they were top players when they first played themselves.

    I don't know. Some players don't know that thing called respect.

    honestly don't even know what was going through that guy's head "Hmm, i had a 4man team, i only survived because the game stopped the killer from grabbing me twice, i think i should insult him by telling him he's bad"

    And some people wonder why i never play any game or sport competitively no matter how good i am, not worth the effort or stress if i get bad mouthed for winning or losing

  • @TheMadCat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2190500#Comment_2190500

    Ranking up is way too easy IMO. I consider myself purple in terms of running skills... but I'm usually rank 3/2. 🤷🏻‍♀️

    Thats the main issue when it comes to this game, you very rarely get an evenly matched because of how easy it is. Rank means literally nothing

  • I made it to the purples and going Red the trolls still get to me no matter what rank I'm in you have red rank players literally tagging yellow and green rank players to battle me,its sort of sad when they cheat tho.

  • @DragonMasterDarren said:

    So i played a couple of purple rank matches, and it has once again proven my stance that DBD past Green ranks is about as fun as having thumbscrews attached and having your best mate take glee in slowly twisting them further

    Same stuff every match, SWF with toolboxes, all the gens get done insanely quickly, and every time i chase someone they play super efficiently and if i hit them they generally have Dead Hard and Iron WIll and i lose them

    then we get to the chat,

    I've had EZ spam today

    I've had "get better at the game" thrown my way (like i want to get better if it means i have to deal with Basement-dwelling cretins like you more often)

    I've had all sorts of insults that completely ignore the fact that a person playing for fun will never beat a 4man swf with coms and good coordination

    So you know what? i ain't partaking in it, i'm playing Depipster for a bit then waiting for the reset next month, how some of you have fun playing at these ranks i have zero clue

    (Apologies for ranting, really needed to get that off my chest, i just don't understand how people have fun playing this game and actively making the other side completely miserable, ######### purples, ######### reds, keep me in Greens with some baby survivors i can meme with and i am happy)

    EDIT: I didn't think it was possible to see a number going from 8 to 9 to give the same sense of euphoria of getting home from a long day of work and snuggling with some popcorn, a soft blanket and a dog while watching a movie but oh it felt so good

    I dunno, I find it pretty fun. I played against mostly reds/purples today, most lobbies had some amount of SWF in there but I didn’t care to ask for details, and I had enjoyable matches. Even playing Blight terribly against a 4 man was fun cause they were all decent and gave me good practice, and we said gg to each other afterwards.

    I think I started enjoying the high ranks more once I realised that nobody really cares about me personally, they just want to have fun in the game too, so I work on getting better and just play for fun chases. Then I either say nothing or compliment people post-game. There’s the odd rude person but most people are quite chilled out in my experience.