A Beta-player View

For any who read: (also posted this in Steam Discussion)

I love DbD, its a fun game that I always seem to go back to. HOWEVER, recent changes to the game, and some not so recent, are kind of killing the experience. Before you start calling me "Survivor main" or "bad" or "gitgud". Here are the issues with the game:

Hooks and Sabo: This used to be balanced, when hooks would respawn after 90 seconds. What is it now? like 10-15? not really enough to make a difference in a match. Sabo has been nerfed beyond useable. As has toolboxes seeing as the deplet after 10 seconds of use? A brown toolbox can do 2 and a half hooks. Which respawn after a few seconds. Making it useless. As a note, bring back the ability to sabo bear traps.

While I was never a fan of the button mashing hook struggles, I'm fine with the skill checks, but give us the option to end the struggle. Hold E to give up for example.

Animations: The new animations look weird. They look off, and I dont think anyone would ever run like that. Especially in the injured state. The new being wacked falls are cool, but I do miss the backflips.

The Brown tint on the Coldwin maps are weird. Please don't bring this game back to brown tint era of gaming. Let it die in the past.

While a lot of the changes to the game, has progressed it in a positive way, some make the game a lot less fun.

P.S: Fix the BS lunges that some of the killers have. When I stand behind a killer and their lunge hits me...(Especially Freddy)

Comments

  • I've been playing since 2016. I know my #########.

  • As a 2016 player myself, I disagree with most of your points besides Sabo being too short. But your suggestions to buff it are almost as bad as 2016 version of dbd.

  • @PureHostility said:

    As a 2016 player myself, I disagree with most of your points besides Sabo being too short. But your suggestions to buff it are almost as bad as 2016 version of dbd.

    While DbD has been steadily getting better since 2016, its nowhere near as immersive or fun as it used to be. I remember the matchmaking. 20 minute lobbies with constantly hitting the ready button. I remember the trap under hooked survivors. I remember the infinity loops. I don't want that back. Change is good. But some changes are not as.

    For instance, I don't like all the information that comes up on screen. When I see a gen suddenly regress, I know the killer runs Ruin. I don't need it to pop up. When I see a healthy survivor get instantly downed, I can most likely assume its Noed. You used to have to register things that happen. Now you can look at the right side of your screen and go "oh noed". Which should be changed back to only NOED3 being one-hit.

  • Sabotage was changed, not nerfed. The hooks take 30 seconds to respawn, which is plenty long enough to get a save. 99ing was removed and replaced with an extremely quick sabotage meaning you require zero setup. And toolbox charges were mostly nerfed in terms of gen repair.

    And honestly, Sabotage itself is a bit of an outdated and inconsistent mechanic. Go to Dead Dawg and there's no point even in a full party bullying Sabo squad, or go to Grim Pantry and get free saves left and right. And sabotaging bear traps? #########? Sure, nerf the weakest killer in the game to make him even more bullyable. Seems fun.

    As for the rest, suiciding is stupid. I'm glad they made it harder. Most suicides are survivors ragequitting, not bowing out of a lost trial. A trial isn't lost til someone's actually dead at 5 gens. Animations are fine. It's a farm in late summer/early autumn. All killer lunges are completely identical. The only difference between killers are their appearance, power and movement speed (which no longer effects lunges). Collision, hitbox, attack cone, etc. are all the same.

  • Either way, sabotage needs a change. It's not a perk that I ever run as I find it useless in its current state.

    If I ever get hooked, with all 3 survivors just standing around the hook and the killer face-camping me, none of them fixing gens or hiding off in the corner of the map, being so inactive they get crows, I'd rather have the option to leave. If they fix gens, I don't mind hanging around.

    I'm also aware of how the lunge mechanic works.

  • @Anceh said:

    Either way, sabotage needs a change. It's not a perk that I ever run as I find it useless in its current state.

    If I ever get hooked, with all 3 survivors just standing around the hook and the killer face-camping me, none of them fixing gens or hiding off in the corner of the map, being so inactive they get crows, I'd rather have the option to leave. If they fix gens, I don't mind hanging around.

    I'm also aware of how the lunge mechanic works.

    Either way, sabotage needs a change. It's not a perk that I ever run as I find it useless in its current state.

    Why is that a justification? I've been playing since 2016 and never used Leader, as I find it useless. Does that mean Leader needs to be changed, or that it simply doesn't match my playstyle?