Return the ability to give up on hook
The removal of giving up on the hook has done nothing but aggravate the issue of hook camping and frustrating play. The game has gotten perpetually worse in the past handful of patches, and now it's getting almost comical. It won't stop players from just not running away, all it has done is further slowed things down and added an extra layer of boring to the game. Better than button mashing I suppose, but the inability to just end the game and move onto the next one directly harms play. No more can people strategically die on hook to aid the final person get hatch, no more can somebody just move on when a boring killer decides to just sit and watch you, no more can somebody deny a save from a player who is actively trying to feed you to a killer. I can understand things like a DC ban since disconnecting removes gameplay from all involved, but not letting a player suicide won't magically make them play harder. Why does BHVR insist on perpetually removing things from the game with very little good reason without actually bettering the game?
I look forward to the RE DLC so that we have another thing to spend our money on while you refuse to fix your game that has been practically broken since 2016. Now that you're going out of your way to remove the fun too, perhaps it's time to just not spend money on this game anymore until you guys actually do your job.
Comments
Extra correction, because I believe in admitting when you're wrong. Mashing doesn't speed it up, it actually slows it down further.
So yeah, it's even less interactive than I had imagined.
I got no issue with that. The new give up on hook is just way better than the old one. I like it
A system that relies on the kindness of its users is not a good system.
Buff killers, I'm in full agreement. Don't try to rebalance by arbitrarily removing mechanics and dumbing down the game. There's a million suggestions I'd make to help the killer in order to increase fun for both sides, from redesigning gen placement to maximize gen guardability to speeding up some killers and everything in between, but the solution is never to remove strategy and mechanical fun.
If the hatches are your problem, look into the hatches. That being said, if you feel that you're being cheated when you kill 3 out of 4 survivors because one single person hatched, then perhaps there's a deeper issue and play beyond the faff on the hook.
I fully agree. That was actually already touched upon earlier in the thread though.
Nobody's debating the fact that the old mashing system was not fun. What is being contested is the incidental removal of a quick and strategical method of giving up on the hook. As touched on several times in this very thread, there are many different ways to reintroduce it in such a way as to not leave it completely gimped and neutered as it is now.
@Bastius123 I dont think you understand. Missing two skillchecks reduces the time you have left. allowing two to pass without pressing any button will kill you. what you suggested is already in place, just with two consecutive skillchecks instead of one. missing two skillchecks reduces the timer, but does not immediately kill you
Yeah, though I corrected that. To be clear here, I don't actually kill myself that much in match, so I don't exactly interact with the mechanic every single match. It's when it's actually needed that it's not there to help, something whose disappearance does not affect the average match but makes its absence known when you need it.
I'm arguing for a reversal of a negative change, but it's not a mechanic that I use every match or anything, so I had a few minor misunderstandings in the specifics of how it works. What I can say with certainty, and what I had stood beside from the beginning, is that it takes far too long and in its current form it signposts the attempt far too much. The minor details I had wrong, but the general sentiment stands all the same. It has always been about the ostensible removal of a feature; the minor details may have been off, but the overall complaint stands all the same.
This whole thread is kinda toxic. Killers crapping on survivers mainly, why does this community have to be so ######### sometimes? Its gone so can we all just say its done with XD?
This is a thread from May? Why did you bring this back up? The switch to skill checks happened ages ago and people have adjusted, and it certainly hasn't stopped players from suiciding on hook; there's nothing more to discuss.
(Also, this was mostly people attacking ragequitters, who screw over both sides with their antics. If anything, survivors suffer way more from RQers than killers.)
Hey man. I didnt know this was from May, I know my two sense wasnt needed but you didnt even have to respond. It popped up at the top of the list so I clicked on it. Simple as that.