Temp Whispers nerf until it is reworked

I heard a while back that Whispers was going to work differently than it currently does, having a large radius at the start and a decreasing radius as survivors are killed or sacrificed. (Edit: I had it backwards. Whispers would be more accurate (smaller range) at the start and become less accurate (bigger radius) as survivors died off.)

Until that happens, is there a way to have Whispers deactivate while a survivor(s) is in the dying state? The killer delaying the hatch and buying 4 minutes of free time to comb the map with Whispers feels unfair.

----

Or, maybe have a survivor perk counter Whispers. Calm Spirit or Distortion come to mind.

----

Or, remove the hatch so that (solo) survivors actually have a reason to help the other remaining survivor instead of leaving them for dead.

Comments

  • Do you have a source on the thing about Whispers working differently? I've not personally heard anyone say that.

  • Whispers is fine. It lets the Killer know you are 'near by', which can mean anything. It's not an OP perk that needs changing.

  • Honestly, being stuck in the dying state with the killer not knowing where you are blows. Bleeding out is the worst way to go. Takes forever.

  • @TAG said:

    Do you have a source on the thing about Whispers working differently? I've not personally heard anyone say that.

    Yes, from a Q&A stream back in June 2018:

    https://youtu.be/JmyIbKL3kxg?t=1360

    They said they don't want Whispers to be powerful against the last remaining survivor / endgame.