New MacMillan Maps are too big

Seriously, since they were updated I have hated playing on the new MacMillan maps because they are way to damn big. they used to be fun and balanced and now the only one that is close to balanced is coal tower. Ironworks, Groaning Storehouse, and Shelter woods are now all significantly bigger, to the point that it's near impossible to play well using any killer who isn't Nurse, Billy, or Oni. It's even worse when you get a SWF. although they look gorgeous who thought it would be a good idea to make the maps bigger when that is so clearly unfair to one side and favorable to the other?

Comments

  • They are the same size as before

  • They are the exact same size they were before the rework and they are not even that big except Shelter Woods which is very Killer sided anyway.

    On a funny note, you claim Coal Tower is close to balance and it turns out its the second smallest map in the game

    P.D. This reminds me of that post by ¿Almo? about perceptions while playing the game, how what you may see/feel can be deformed and not adjust to what things really are.

  • Yes, Coal Tower is the most balanced. That is also happens to be the second smallest map is telling. If they are the same size then I'm not sure what about them is so different as I struggle with them far more now that I did before, especially with 110% killers. Shelter woods is only more killer sided now because it's brighter, thus harder to become completely immersed compared to the incredibly dark older version.

  • @StrongWolf85 said:

    Yes, Coal Tower is the most balanced. That is also happens to be the second smallest map is telling. If they are the same size then I'm not sure what about them is so different as I struggle with them far more now that I did before, especially with 110% killers. Shelter woods is only more killer sided now because it's brighter, thus harder to become completely immersed compared to the incredibly dark older version.

    As time goes on, survivors get faster on gens. Also, a killer being 110 just means they can't chase people like an m1 killer, it has zero real impact on their mobility. Huntress gets from one end of shelter woods to the other about 3 seconds slower than Pig

  • they're the same size, maybe they seem bigger because of the updated models?