Pips bugged
Today most of my matches the pip system has been bugged. I had multiple matches where I should've earned atleast +1 pip based on emblems and the progress bar but the rank progress will say 0 or -1 and I will receive 0 or -1 pip instead of the +1 pip I earned. I've had several matches where the killer was afk and progress bar will show I should safety pip but I will either -1 pip or +1 pip. This last match I should've +2 pip, rank progress says +1 pip but I actually 0 pip because I went into the match as rank 12 with 1 pip.
It's pretty random so hard to recreate. One match pips will be fine, next few it'll be wrong, then it will be fine again for a match or two. I'm on ps4 with crossplay off if that matters.
Last night I had closed out of the game as rank 4 and today was reset to rank 15. Between reset and pips both being bugged the ranking system just feels completely broken.

Comments
Yeah I have this problem from time to time. Some matches I will do everything under the sun and gain no pips. Others I do little from being killed fast and get a pip?? Two days ago I played like 10 matches and nothing changed as far as pips. After closing and starting the game it corrected itself.
I'm getting extremely not happy about this. I have not been pipping up OR down for days now. At this point, I should be rank 3, but I am stuck at rank 5 and 4 pips. I just earned two for this last match and am stuck at exactly the same place. I'm going to be extremely irritated if they give me bloodpoints to make up for this garbage. At this point, if you want to make up for all my progress lost, give me auric cells, since those are at least worth something.
I get that things go wrong. But there's a point at which throwing things we earn for free anyway at us isn't enough to solve the frustration. This is that point. Please fix the damn problem, devs.
I have had multiple matches today where as the other have said i should have been receiving pips but haven't. It the photos below you can see that i earned 4 iridescent medals as trapper but my rank progress is only +1 when it should be a +2 game. In the second photo you can see my rank 9 emblem with 0 pips even though i just earned 2.
Just lost 4 pips in match against camping Bubba when I should've safety pipped. Can see I had 7 with 2 pips and dropped to 8 with 3 pips.
I am also having the problem of getting to the first pip but having 0 rank progression
Still losing pips when I am supposed to gain a pip. Instead of +1 pip dropped from 5 with 1 pip down to 6 with 4 pips.
This is a new one. Although this hasn't been the first time recently.
This is my old post but this had another cause I think.
Thanks for sharing your old post. I remember commenting on it with my pip issues at the time. Think pips were fixed for a bit but whatever broke rank reset maybe also bugged pips too.
It's been happening to me, just started yesterday but I only really took it into account today that it wasn't giving me pips. Initially, yesterday, it took a pip away when I shouldn't have gotten one or lost one, and the two matches I played today didn't give or take any (picture)
Edit: I also just remembered that yesterday during the 3 matches I played, it always said "Rank Progress -53" for some reason
Forgot to take screen shot but had a match where a gained a pip when I shouldn't have - was nice change from only losing or safety pip when in supposed to gain a pip.
Killer DC'd after second gen was completed, according to the progress bar I should've had safety pip but instead rank progress said +1 and I did in fact gain the pip - went from 5 with 3 pips to 5 with 4 pips.
*sigh*
Losing a pip when I'm supposed to gain one. ๐
I also just escaped and got deranked for no reason. (PC)
I also just got deranked for no reason
Played 3 matches today. 2 matches I should've safety pipped but I actually lost a pip.
pip system for sure is crewed up with the 5.0.0 update, and it seems the way it works is completely different for each player, while we are at the subject, here is how the new system awards me:
Also having this issue. Pips up and pips down are having no effect on my rank half the time, and I'm getting inaccurate readings, like depipping when I'm actually at the threshold for pipping up.
I have emblem problem. For 8k in altruism got only silver. This happens very often
Still losing pips when I shouldn't after patch 5.0.1. Closing and reopening the game did not restore the lost pip.
Same here
same here. 1st time happening so Im guessing the 5.0.0 or .1 patch messed up the pip system for me.
1.jpgI'm stuck for few days at rank 4 with 3 pips, same with Killer but rank 3 with 3 pips, no progress at all.
I'm on ps4 too. Definitely a bummer but atleast now I know not to bother with closing/reopening every time I lose a pip when I shouldn't have.
This just happened to me not long ago, put me back into rank 4 then it changed to a pip loss and back into rank 5 ๐คท
I got zero progression for survival/unbroken.
Hopped on to help my swf teammate get a challenge done he was stuck on. Should've gained a pip, rank progress says 0, I actually lost a pip. Glad I hopped on when I didn't want to play with the performance issues only for this to happen. ๐คฆโโ๏ธ
Same
I'm also stuck on rank. Played for hours and pips didn't move.
Mine, too.
I am on PC, so it is not console-exclusive.
This isn't a new issue. It's been going on for quite some time.
confirmed
Again? This happened about 6 month ago as well.
I safety pipped and got +1. buggy pips
I have this problem frequently. Just a couple days ago I played a perfect match and was supposed to double pip, But got 0.