The Argument An FOV Slider Would Give Players A Competitive Advantage Is Dumb.
If everyone has access to the slider, then no one is at a "disadvantage"
Anyone can set the FOV to whatever they want, and whatever is comfortable to them will let them enjoy the game more and give them whatever advantages they want
Clearly, it would have to be limited to a certain point, but not having it under the argument of it being unfair to players is dumb.
Example being, literally any competitive first-person and third-person game in existence. Just to name a few.
Overwatch, Warzone, Titanfall, Gears, TF2, and Apex. (Not all esports level games, but games where players go against each other in a competitive environment)
None of those games have any issues allowing their players to alter their FOV without the need to hamper themselves by bringing something in-game to do it. Every player has access to it, and it comes down to personal preference of what FOV they want to use.
So with that argument completely busted, why does shadow born still exist and why is it not an option to have a FOV slider?
Adding a FOV slider would free up shadow born to be something more interesting than just an option to improve game quality at the cost of 1/4th of your build. It would also be a great QoL update for people that get motion sick at the low FOV that killer has.
This shouldn't be an argument about what is or is not fair to players because honestly, there isn't a single world where 10 degrees of extra view to your sides would cost someone an entire game. This should be an argument of accessibility. We got colorblind settings after years of telling BHVR to do it, I think it is about time to do the same with a FOV slider.
In general, perks shouldn't be tied to accessibility issues in the game. And FOV is an accessibility issue for some.
Comments
I made the first thread (unless this is a double post) and my reasoning for it’s inclusion was different.
Yes.
I made this one specifically about people arguing it would give players a competitive advantage, purely because I saw a lot of argument around it and I saw the argument as really dumb considering loads of other games with PvP that have adjustable FOV.
Thank you for this thread haha I didn’t feel like starting another just addressing the arguments I thought were lame.