what happened to killer-based matchmaking??
I just bought ghostface cause i've been wanting to try him out. I don't have a lot of bp saved up so he doesn't really have good perks yet, but I figured due to the change in matchmaking that puts new killers against newer survivors I'd have an ok time.
Four ghostface games in a row there have been red ranks in my games. I'm a green rank killer even on my good killers, such as legion.
So then I go blow off steam on Legion where I have a lot of success, but it matches me with green and purple ranks like it's supposed to. No red ranks in sight.
Why am I getting unwinnable games as a brand new dlc killer when the entire purpose of locking in killers was to tailor the matchmaking to the level and skill of the individual killer??
Comments
MMR is not enabled yet, what you are experiencing is normal terrible matchmaking
I am not a dev or anyone informed by them, most of this is my personal opinion and guesses.
So basically, it wasn't good enough the first time around and the second time I feel like it was to punishing. So I am guessing they are trying to find a middle ground between the two.
Wait, really?
I've come back after a long break, I stopped playing around when Blight was released, and they had talked about non-rank based matchmaking and matchmaking tailored to which killer you picked rather than your overall killer rank/skill.
They still haven't actually...implemented that?
I was here for the first attempt and remember how frustrating it was that they took it away instantly. I guess I just assumed it had been added since I was gone since it seemed so close to being done.
Nope, they have done two test to my knowledge and neither has been overwhelmingly positive. So they took it back off.
No matter what system they put in. When it comes to MM they will favor faster que times. That means killer will always get the short end of the stick.
It's my understanding they're still tinkering with it in the background, and occasionally turning it on without telling us so they can collect data for further fine-tuning.