Could we make Blood warden also block hatch?
I use Blood warden rather often as it can be easily slotted into any build and many consider it to be much less unpleasant in comparison to Noed. However, while it pains me to say it, Blood warden is hot garbage like 90% of the time. Although I'm sure you all probably knew that already, lol. Either the Survivors 99 the gates, open the gates but leave before I can hook someone or they hide once Blood warden has triggered. There is a plethora of built in counters to this perk. Indeed, there's arguably too much counter play to it. Nonetheless, I don't have high hopes for many of it's counters to be addressed as they would require substantial buffs to the perk or substantial nerfs to external mechanics like 99'ing the exits.
Anyways, given that there is already so much counter play to Blood warden, I really don't understand why keys just hard counter it too. It's already so hard to pull off a successful blood warden play against competent survivors so why should they be given yet another tool to deal with it? My recommendation is a rather simple one. It wouldn't change the perk all too much but it would be relatively risk free and it would be a nice QOL buff for us Blood warden appreciators. The change would simply be to make it so that once triggered, Blood warden blocks the exit gates AND the hatch. If the hatch hasn't opened yet then it should become entity blocked until the minute is up. If it's already open, then the hatch should be closed instantly when Blood warden is activated and then entity block it for the minute.
This change would ultimately do very little. It would not entice people to start running it without other accompanying buffs. Truthfully, I don't know if this idea will even be acknowledged, let alone added. Too much effort for a niche perk I suppose. Nonetheless, one can hope.
Comments
I run BW cause it's super fun the 5% of time it comes into play and having keys being able to just skip it is sad to me
I know, man. It breaks my heart to be filled with joy from actually triggering Blood warden and finding someone, only for them to dip through the hatch.
Nice buff idea.
I have never once seen a match where Blood Warden was used and the person escaped via key, but I see no reason as to why it should not block the hatch as well. They would have to add an Entity blocker visual for the hatch since there wasnt such a mechanic before, but it seems worth it to me. Make BW just a tad more scary
BW shouldn’t alert the survivors until they are at the very end of the exit (like when a killer approaches the very end). That way they will trigger the aura reading for the killer and he’ll have time to come over and corner them. Letting them see it outside the doors takes away its value. Especially in this day and age of 99ing. BW should be high risk, high reward.