Reporting Bad Censorship

Can we please have a way to report just plain and stupid things being censored by your ridiculous chat filter?

Like I am trying to not get annoyed by it, but I just had a match where I said

man you really like your insta downs

But it got censored to

man you really like your ##### #####

Seriously BHVR those aren't even swear words... I am not even sure how the ######### anyone is supposed to take INSTA as an insult?!?!?! What the ######### is wrong with you guys?

Comments

  • To be clear, I know how to get around this, I would have to say something like

    man you really like your perks that put people into the dying state in 1 hit

    But seriously BHVR its a chat that last like 60 seconds... I don't want to be typing a whole ######### story to have a conversation... one that wasn't even ######### mean. Killer was just running 4 insta down perks.

  • I love it when the chat filter censors random words which make it look like I'm insulting another player when I'm not

  • @Aneurysm said:

    I love it when the chat filter censors random words which make it look like I'm insulting another player when I'm not

    The killer thought I was being mean at first... I had to send each letter in its own message so he knew what I was saying so

    mouse0270: man you really like your insta downs

    became

    mouse0270: man you really like your

    mouse0270: i

    mouse0270: n

    mouse0270: s

    mouse0270: t

    mouse0270: a

    mouse0270: d

    mouse0270: o

    mouse0270: w

    mouse0270: n

    mouse0270: s

    Which you know is a great way to talk to someone...

  • By the way you are formulating your feedback i just assume you use often words that get filtered so you personal filter system is probably stricter than others.

    but yes, you could just give feedback on terms you think shouldn’t get filtered (and terms that go through that you think should get filtered) right here in the forums. Probably best in the appropriate section (Feedback & Suggestions)


    keep in mind that ‚downs‘ can have a different meaning in another context. But in your case I guess everyone agrees it’s context is clearly in-game mechanic related..

  • @Mooks said:

    By the way you are formulating your feedback i just assume you use often words that get filtered so you personal filter system is probably stricter than others.

    but yes, you could just give feedback on terms you think shouldn’t get filtered (and terms that go through that you think should get filtered) right here in the forums. Probably best in the appropriate section (Feedback & Suggestions)

    keep in mind that ‚downs‘ can have a different meaning in another context. But in your case I guess everyone agrees it’s context is clearly in-game mechanic related..

    Create a whole forum post every time something stupid gets censored for some crazy reason would be ridiculous . I wish they just had something like the bugs page where people could be like, hey why did you censor **insta downs** its literally a mechanic of your game.


    Also just incase anyone doesn't understand... The chat system is censorship, not filtering. If it was filtering it would apply the same rules to everyone, once it starts applying different rules to different people, its censorship.

  • @mouse0270 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2179620#Comment_2179620

    Create a whole forum post every time something stupid gets censored for some crazy reason would be ridiculous . I wish they just had something like the bugs page where people could be like, hey why did you censor **insta downs** its literally a mechanic of your game.

    Also just incase anyone doesn't understand... The chat system is censorship, not filtering. If it was filtering it would apply the same rules to everyone, once it starts applying different rules to different people, its censorship.

    i agree it should be easier to give feedback on this, at least a sticky thread at the top where everything would be together and we wouldn’t see multiple threads like this very thread every day..


    also I don’t really care if it is called censorship or filtering. It’s something the devs want in their game to tone down toxicity (which got complained about enough to warrant its existence).

  • It censors p o r n, even tough there's a Clown add-on called VHS p o r n...

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2179646#Comment_2179646

    i agree it should be easier to give feedback on this, at least a sticky thread at the top where everything would be together and we wouldn’t see multiple threads like this very thread every day..

    also I don’t really care if it is called censorship or filtering. It’s something the devs want in their game to tone down toxicity (which got complained about enough to warrant its existence).

    I actually think a sticky thread would be a perfect solution. Just a place to go... Umm why is "insta downs" censored?


    As for the censorship, I don't care if they block racist, homophobic, and other slurs. That really shouldn't be in any game. Swearing is meh, I guess I kinda get it, but its an 18+ game. The only people who give swear words powers are people who let them effect them. Its more of where you grew up. Take the "C" word for example, in america its just as bad as a swear word if not worst, but in other countries its not that horrible at all.

    Where I get annoyed and upset with their censorship system is its not universal. For example, I swear alot, read these posts... I don't think I am being toxic when I swear, its just how I talk as swearing was never forbidden to me growing up. Its just how my family was. But since I swear alot I can't say certain words my friends can say... I haven't tried it recently but it was so bad I couldn't even say twitch, youtube, twitter... Thats not being toxic, thats censorship.

    If it was everyone or no one, I would be fine, but its not, its selective punishment for out of context remarks.