General Consensus on Wraiths Buff.

I was playing wraith in red ranks and came across a 4man. They played well and brought it to end game where I clutched out a 3k I let one get out through gate. In endgame chat they expressed that wraith was broken and way too strong but...I don't see his changes as a negative at all. They took what made him kinda weak and made these aspects better. As well as some QOL changes. I play both sides and never have an issue facing a wraith. You accept short loops are unsafe and stick to longer loops so he can't use his boost to get a free hit. They were good but kept looping really unsafe pallets against me gifting me free hits out of my cloak. So my question is. Survivors what are your thoughts an his changes?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • He is definently way better

    Theirs only one thing I wish was changed about him most wraiths I fight try to abuse the post speed at loops and if they miss they just continue to try again until they hit

    I'm ok with how he supposed to be played maybe add like 3s where he cant start uncloaking after cloaking because I love wraith if they play him like a hit and run

    It's just upsetting to see him being played wrong

  • @onemind said:

    He is definently way better

    Theirs only one thing I wish was changed about him most wraiths I fight try to abuse the post speed at loops and if they miss they just continue to try again until they hit

    I'm ok with how he supposed to be played maybe add like 3s where he cant start uncloaking after cloaking because I love wraith if they play him like a hit and run

    It's just upsetting to see him being played wrong

    From what I've heard that's what people have a problem with. When I play I try to get the hit with his post cloak boost once then either get stunned, miss, or get the hit. If I miss I just get the pallet down or break the pallet then leave chase. That's how it needs to be played at high ranks.

  • It should be played however someone wants to play it. There are no rules and you don't get to dictate play style...

  • He's definitely not "broken" or "op." Anyone who says otherwise is bullshittin'.

    He's no. 3 on my top 5 most balanced killers in the game.

    1. Demogorgon
    2. Ghostface
    3. Wraith
    4. Doc
    5. Bubba
  • He's a lot better. Needs an add-on pass, double Windstorm and All Seeing aren't fun to deal with. Otherwise, he's a pretty simple and easy killer that isn't massively OP.

  • Great, just some ol' Add-ons that made him cool then make him overly cool now.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/248127/general-consensus-on-wraiths-buff

    I do feel they over buffed him..And that's coming from someone that enjoys using him. I felt he was in a good spot before they gave him back his speed boost out of cloak. There's some tiles/loops that should be safe, and be 50/50. But arnt because his speed boost makes up a large amount of ground quickly

    He's good at getting M1 getting out of cloack, that's the only thing he's good at.

  • @BananaBlooD95 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2169808#Comment_2169808

    He's good at getting M1 getting out of cloack, that's the only thing he's good at.

    That and he actually has map pressure now and can make it to gens before they pop

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2169817#Comment_2169817

    Play him with sloppy butcher, thanat, ruin,bbq(or undying if you want). With all seeing spirit and purple swift hunt. And tell me how baalnced he feels ๐Ÿ˜

    Can't argue with that one.

    The ability to get free hits w/ Sloppy is pretty bs if you ask me. Also I think those add-ons need to be looked at.

  • His base kit is okay. Factor in addons (silent bell, all-seeing, bone clapper) and he is just miserable and unfun to play against imo.

  • @glitchboi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2169818#Comment_2169818

    Can't argue with that one.

    The ability to get free hits w/ Sloppy is pretty bs if you ask me. Also I think those add-ons need to be looked at.

    All-Seeing might be too strong,i agree.

    Swift addons are pretty trash though.Even the purple one decreases reappearance only by 0.36 seconds.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2169879#Comment_2169879

    I mean...Let's be real here. What else is actually important..? Getting quick easy hits is what the killer needs to apply pressure and get people off gens...I chase you to shack..You have to decide jump out the window..Keep going. And it's a no win situation. You jump the window. I catch you. You keep going I catch you before you can try to loop back to the window.

    He's also good at traversing the map. And has add ons that give him built in tinkerer..Or seeing auras within 12m. He can know exactly where he needs to be with all seeing spirit

    What matter is basekit killer, Pink add-ons are supposed to be good and/or heavily change how you play a killer.


    Wraith with his last buff have; 1:Better than average mobility, still under all mobility killer. 2:Good at getting first hit when you get a survivor out of position. That's either because you made sure the survivor wouldn't see you until the last moment or he just didn't pay attention. Either way you outplayed them.


    He's not too strong right now, he's good and that's it. On all the loop wraith can mindgame and get a hit while uncloaking, Bubba can do too and insta down, that doens't make him OP does it?

  • @glitchboi said:

    He's definitely not "broken" or "op." Anyone who says otherwise is bullshittin'.

    He's no. 3 on my top 5 most balanced killers in the game.

    1. Demogorgon
    2. Ghostface
    3. Wraith
    4. Doc
    5. Bubba

    Doc, and bubba are not balanced KEKW

  • He's playable, he's not a god, but he's definitely in a way better state than what he was.....which was basically trash.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2169817#Comment_2169817

    Play him with sloppy butcher, thanat, ruin,bbq(or undying if you want). With all seeing spirit and purple swift hunt. And tell me how baalnced he feels ๐Ÿ˜

    You just described pig

  • Wraith is STILL A M1 KILLER! I'd argue he needs to be buffed even more. Those survivors were just bad.

  • @HR_Helios said:

    I was playing wraith in red ranks and came across a 4man. They played well and brought it to end game where I clutched out a 3k I let one get out through gate. In endgame chat they expressed that wraith was broken and way too strong but...I don't see his changes as a negative at all. They took what made him kinda weak and made these aspects better. As well as some QOL changes. I play both sides and never have an issue facing a wraith. You accept short loops are unsafe and stick to longer loops so he can't use his boost to get a free hit. They were good but kept looping really unsafe pallets against me gifting me free hits out of my cloak. So my question is. Survivors what are your thoughts an his changes?

    Wraith is OP,,, sorry he just is. I have been playing for months as a red rank survivor and have yet to win a game when the killer is a Wraith. It is not because I am not "gud" and I have played with some amazing teams however, we all get smoked. Most of the time the Wraith will cloak right next to the hook and when you go for the save he downs you. If they do not do that they run around slugging easily because we cant see where they are even with Kindred after hooking. Spine Chill might help I am not sure but there really should not be a invisible killer in the game. By the time he uncloaks you have less than a second to try and get enough space to loop him and thats if you have a jungle gym or something nearby. He is more deadly than the DR and all he does is go around shocking, finding, downing, hooking end of the game lol.

  • It's my opinion, and although I disagree you I respect your opinion. I find them balanced because they have plenty of counterplay.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2169945#Comment_2169945

    But it's 1000 % fair to criticize a killer based on add ons. Basekit freddy wasn't bad on his own. But people moaned because they hated him WITH his add ons. To the point 4 of his add ons were nerfed in to useless oblivion. And his basekit STILL got nerfed.

    So it's totally fair to say wraith is pretty busted WITH his add ons. And that's coming from someone who enjoys using him. I just understand how easy it is to basically dominate with him right now.

    Yeah that's because he was the most addon dependent killer but now he's not

  • @Get_Exposed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2170156#Comment_2170156

    That's why doc isn't balanced. He's weak because he has TOO much counterplay.

    Good point.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2169945#Comment_2169945

    But it's 1000 % fair to criticize a killer based on add ons. Basekit freddy wasn't bad on his own. But people moaned because they hated him WITH his add ons. To the point 4 of his add ons were nerfed in to useless oblivion. And his basekit STILL got nerfed.

    So it's totally fair to say wraith is pretty busted WITH his add ons. And that's coming from someone who enjoys using him. I just understand how easy it is to basically dominate with him right now.

    Basekit Freddy was well above the average and Freddy + add-ons was just annoying as ######### to deal with.


    Base Wraith is decent, Wraith with his pink add-ons is strong.


    For me current Wraith is in a good spot. Good, not too strong.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2169962#Comment_2169962

    I feel like that's a semi fair comparision. Some loops they can be similar. As far as their speed boost goes. Wraith has better mobility. Pig has better slow down built in..I have 0 clue what pig adds on are. But all seeing spirit - Let's you see gen progression and let's you know where to be and never without chase. And swift hunt just makes you be able to appear and get a hit faster.

    A lot of these features can be simulated with other killers using different perks. Minus the sprint out of stealth. In which case just add a mobility killer in that slot and maybe do it a bit better. Like a Surveillance style Nurse would be just as effective. Maybe a bit more since you can port straight through walls.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2169817#Comment_2169817

    Play him with sloppy butcher, thanat, ruin,bbq(or undying if you want). With all seeing spirit and purple swift hunt. And tell me how baalnced he feels ๐Ÿ˜

    If you take add ons into consideration a lot of killers can become REALLY strong

  • He is overbuffed. I feel robbed when they get on your tail and uncloak and there is nothing you can do. The lunge from uncloaking is a bit too much. Watch every Wraith cloak and then uncloak to get a 10 meter reach. This huge advantage shouldn't come with very fast movement speed too.