Can I disable the motion blur in the menus?

I know that it's a very small detail but I really don't like it. If anyone knows how to remove it, please tell me, thanks in advance.

Update:turns out that after you play one match (motion blur is not present in the trial fortunately) it just stops working

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    i'm just confused why they wasted dev time adding it in the first place

    Camera effects like motion blur, depth of field, chromatic aberration, and so on, are usually staples of games, even though they make the image worse. I honestly don't understand why devs waste their time with them or why some people genuinely think a degraded image looks better.

  • Does it happen on low settings too because I haven't felt it while I have been playing. You could try tweaking the graphic options in GameUserSettings.ini to disable it without losing much visual quality.

  • @DawnMad said:

    Does it happen on low settings too because I haven't felt it while I have been playing. You could try tweaking the graphic options in GameUserSettings.ini to disable it without losing much visual quality.

    I tried but there is nothing in the game files. It goes away after one match

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2164514#Comment_2164514

    I don't really know either.

    Best guess I have (based on a little of my own reasoning and some words from other developers that I've stumbled upon by chance) is that a lot of those things serve to mask frame rate issues, texture ugliness, and reduce VFX work (like the trails on say, Huntress hatchets or Blight's rushes, which wouldn't need to be as finely crafted if there was heavy motion blur). Doesn't really seem to apply here though, unless they're planning something bigger.

    Otherwise maybe they're just added out of boredom/lack of direction/post primary task(s) completion. Or industry tradition/trend following.

    There is no motion blur during a match fortunately

  • Hi, sorry there doesn't seem to be a way to switch this off. However the team are aware this is an issue and it's being looked into.