Twins feel horrible to play now

Releasing Victor, switching to and from Charlotte, trying to move after downing someone with Victor. It all feels so slow and janky. They're somehow even worse than before. And now, with Lucky Break, you're not gonna be able to see blood, the only thing Victor can use to track the survivors. And it almost seems like Victor can't attack people through windows or over pallets anymore. That, or the game is giving these survivors some very generous vaults. You get punished even harder now after getting a successful down with Victor, because as long as the survivors run together in twos, they can't be downed, because they'll be back up by the time Charlotte gets there. The buffs to the pink add-on are small comfort to the people who don't use it every match, like me.

And I'm pretty sure it's a new Twins bug, but when I pounced at a survivor who was standing on the closed hatch, Victor hit the hatch instead of her. 2nd chance because of a bug.

Comments

  • They somehow made a Killer that has longer Fatigue than the Legion (which isn't a good thing even for the Legion), playing Victor now feels so unrewarding, because Survivors have so much time to kick you, also the animations don't match so even if you survive you're just running at Fatigue speed for a second.

  • @AhoyWolf said:

    They somehow made a Killer that has longer Fatigue than the Legion (which isn't a good thing even for the Legion), playing Victor now feels so unrewarding, because Survivors have so much time to kick you, also the animations don't match so even if you survive you're just running at Fatigue speed for a second.

    Plus, the survivors go left and right to counter your pounce, run in pairs to counter your pounce, run inside you to counter your pounce. The devs haven't even addressed the basic difficulty of using Victor, and they're nerfing them like they're some S tier killer.

  • Twins beat bad players, devs balance for bad players, meaning nerf twins so bad survivors can win. I mean its pretty obvious, when bad survivors complain about certain killers they get nerfed. Look at freddy for example, everyone calls it forever freddy not realising his addons only hit a very small % I think its 5% at max, that's like injure with thana... that's not why freddy is strong. But twins Will be just another killer I wont play at rank 1 sadly. Oh well less killers for survivors to verse I guess...

  • I played twins just fine yesterday, but granted it was only one game. And I usually do not take the slugging approach and use victor more on healthy survivors. I can second the vault issue, though. Either I smashed into the vault / pallet, or I jumped to high, not hitting the survivors like I used before. But I guess that just needs some getting used to it.

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    Twins beat bad players, devs balance for bad players, meaning nerf twins so bad survivors can win. I mean its pretty obvious, when bad survivors complain about certain killers they get nerfed. Look at freddy for example, everyone calls it forever freddy not realising his addons only hit a very small % I think its 5% at max, that's like injure with thana... that's not why freddy is strong. But twins Will be just another killer I wont play at rank 1 sadly. Oh well less killers for survivors to verse I guess...

    yeah that's why spirit hasn't been nerfed! like, at all. except for one time where she lost her most bullshit add-on and collision in phase.

    because the devs only listen to bad survivors!

    ...yeah

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    Twins beat bad players, devs balance for bad players, meaning nerf twins so bad survivors can win. I mean its pretty obvious, when bad survivors complain about certain killers they get nerfed. Look at freddy for example, everyone calls it forever freddy not realising his addons only hit a very small % I think its 5% at max, that's like injure with thana... that's not why freddy is strong. But twins Will be just another killer I wont play at rank 1 sadly. Oh well less killers for survivors to verse I guess...

    Rank does not really mean anything. There are so many potatoes in red ranks. And really good survivors in pruple / green ranks.

    From my experience, the only killer having a really hard time in red ranks is Trickster, or Nurse if you suck with her, like me. With every other killer you can get good/great results (safety pip upwards) in the majority of your games.

    Edit: Or to put it in another way: If you are somewhat competent as a killer, you will stay in red ranks, regardless of the killer you are playing.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2164394#Comment_2164394

    yeah that's why spirit hasn't been nerfed! like, at all. except for one time where she lost her most bullshit add-on and collision in phase.

    because the devs only listen to bad survivors!

    ...yeah

    To be fair...old ruin? Old lullaby (thank you almo sorry you couldn't hit snap out of it skillchecks). Old billy kinda. Freddy in some ways since a good team would still dominate freddy. Theres a pretty big track record. Not all changes but a noteable few.

    (Proof for old lullaby)

    https://youtu.be/g28KozjF0AI

    1:40.

    tumblr_inline_pt0pdkD2i41rltzh8_500 (1).png


  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2164447#Comment_2164447

    To be fair...old ruin? Old lullaby (thank you almo sorry you couldn't hit snap out of it skillchecks). Old billy kinda. Freddy in some ways since a good team would still dominate freddy. Theres a pretty big track record. Not all changes but a noteable few.

    (Proof for old lullaby)

    https://youtu.be/g28KozjF0AI

    1:40.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/ON7E2725BIIF/tumblr-inline-pt0pdkd2i41rltzh8-500-281-29.png

    New ruin is unironically stronger than old ruin.

    Lullaby... Yeah that one I don't have a reasoning for.

    Billy... Yeah that one neither.

    Freddy got his well-deserved nerf. I wish they'd go one further and re-rework him.

    Almo was also iirc in charge of the Doctor change, and Legion one. You can argue about Legion all you like but Doctor 100% got stronger. And again, Spirit remains completely unnerfed.

    It's not as biased as it looks and the balance team do make changes for both sides.

    (this statement is more directed to the whole community)

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2164447#Comment_2164447

    To be fair...old ruin? Old lullaby (thank you almo sorry you couldn't hit snap out of it skillchecks). Old billy kinda. Freddy in some ways since a good team would still dominate freddy. Theres a pretty big track record. Not all changes but a noteable few.

    (Proof for old lullaby)

    https://youtu.be/g28KozjF0AI

    1:40.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/ON7E2725BIIF/tumblr-inline-pt0pdkd2i41rltzh8-500-281-29.png

    I..I sometimes miss snap out of it checks

  • Same but i just took it on the chin its a hex with a interesting synergy with doctors power. Lullaby can still be destroyed so i didn't see the need to remove its synergy with doc. After all then your dedicating probably 2 perks to making skillchecks harder. Unnerving and lullaby both of which are pretty garbage rn. Unnerving was only good for 1 meta because it soft countered ds.

  • Otz said new Twins (after update) is A-Tier?

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2164834#Comment_2164834

    Same but i just took it on the chin its a hex with a interesting synergy with doctors power. Lullaby can still be destroyed so i didn't see the need to remove its synergy with doc. After all then your dedicating probably 2 perks to making skillchecks harder. Unnerving and lullaby both of which are pretty garbage rn. Unnerving was only good for 1 meta because it soft countered ds.

    They probably changed Hex Lullaby because it was inconsistent.

    E.g it worked on Doctors snap out of it skill checks but doesn't on Pigs Jigsaw box skill checks.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2164842#Comment_2164842

    They probably changed Hex Lullaby because it was inconsistent.

    E.g it worked on Doctors snap out of it skill checks but doesn't on Pigs Jigsaw box skill checks.

    Docs snap out of it doesn't kill you if you can't hit the skillchecks though? Doesnt jigsaw boxes hit with a penatly for each skillcheck.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2164895#Comment_2164895

    Docs snap out of it doesn't kill you if you can't hit the skillchecks though? Doesnt jigsaw boxes hit with a penatly for each skillcheck.

    Docs snap out of it doesn't kill you if you can't hit the skillchecks though?

    It kinda can if the survivor has to mend.


    Doesnt jigsaw boxes hit with a penatly for each skillcheck.

    As far as i know the penalty applies on the progress bar of the Jigsaw box not the reversed bear trap

  • Not being able to switch to Charlotte for 5 seconds after a down is so awful. I can't believe they let this through.