collision
Was the collision on charlotte a shadow nerf or is it a bug? I agree she shouldn't have collision in her dormant state and that is why I am asking.
Was the collision on charlotte a shadow nerf or is it a bug? I agree she shouldn't have collision in her dormant state and that is why I am asking.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Its not a bug, its due to Bloodlodge and Coldwind Farm maps having doorways to the basement that can be fully blocked. Meaning Charlotte can stand there theoretically blocking 3 survivors with you not being able to do anything about it.
As for you agreeing on the lack of collision, I'd say you'd be wrong there. Placing her body strategically to prevent access to something is very legitimate. Victor cant injure healthy survivors, Victor cant pop gens, you have 0 access to perk effects other than passive perks(Stridor and Sloppy) as Victor. So using Charlotte to bodyblock 1 single spot on the map is fine.
There are certain maps where she can legit block you and trap you with control of victor. It happened to me and it wasn't fun. Was blocked in the school basement in Springwood for 15 minutes because my team didn't want to open the gates until I was out. Sure the survivors could have opened the gate but didnt seem fair that i was stuck there because of the poor map design.
I'm glad they removed her collision. Twins players were abusing it way too often.
I dont mind the body blocking in chase and all that but the b s spots just trigger me is all. Maybe if they had it so collision went away after a certain amount of time that would be fair.
And they simply need to adress those kind of situations. Bodyblocking a survivor in a corner is fine, but using that to remove them from play is not.
A better solution that has more interesting play overall? If 50% or more of the survivors are touching Charlotte's hitbox, make her lose collision instantly. This makes it so that if you make the mistake of hiding in a corner against the Twins, your teammates can always set you free. But it also means that if a Charlotte has poorly positioned herself in a pallet, survivors can team up and still get use out of that pallet.
Fair enough. I just hate being stuck somewhere (not a corner) because of them. and for long periods of time not briefly before getting hit.
You can report any player doing that for keeping the player hostage. Bodyblocking a survivor in a corner is fine assuming you are there to get a hit. Bodyblocking a survivor to remove them from playing the game is not.
I never saw Twins players use Charlotte to body block mid chase at like a pallet or window and use Victor. It was always body blocking a survivor in a corner or blocking a stairwell that leads to a hook like upstairs in the Thompson house.
While bodyblocking corner is bannable I'm going to guess in case of Twins they probably were receiving plenty of reports. The devs seeing it being abused so much by a single killer probably is what made the devs see removing collision as best solution since no other killer can body block you in corner while at same time downing the other players around the map and slugging them.