Would you rather see: A new chapter or a cosmetic/bug/map focused "chapter"
Everybody talks about some sort of operation health, and everyone also shuts down the idea due to the fact that it won't make much money, apparently. So, while I may not know much about game development, the cosmetic/map side of development seems a little separate from the programming side. Especially seeing as how amazing the appearance of the game is, yet how subpar the actual gameplay tends to be.
So, that brings a little idea:
Would you rather see:
- A continuation of how DBD currently releases chapters, just a normal chapter as per usual
OR
- A chapter focused on creating new cosmetics for previous characters (and not just Very Rare tier cosmetics), adding new maps to chapters that lack them, and fixing existing bugs/polishing gameplay
I know this probably isnt how it works, but I think a path like this would be heavily preferred by the players for a a quarter of the year, if it were taken.
Comments
New maps are by far the most desired element for me, I'd be happy to see a couple of chapters with literally nothing but maps.
We see these kind of posts here so often. There are so many problems with them.
What more do you want?
I wish there to be an end to these "Just skip a Chapter, bro" posts
I didn't assume anything, it was a vague idea and I made that clear. I know that I'm unaware of how game development works, and I disclaimed that. Read next time please. And in real workplaces, of most if not all kinds, your skills should be moderately transferrable, if not, you're a subpar asset to a company.
Yes, this is true. I just really miss the feeling of complete unfamiliarity, like new layout and all. Still, the overhauls are very nice and very needed.
I would just say new maps such as to catch up on chapters like Ghostface, Descend Beyond, Binding of Kin, etc.
yeah would like to see new maps for, chapters, and give some chapter that have 1 map more variatons, subrealms
I came here expecting to vote for more chapters because I want more characters. However, I really would prefer GHOSTFACE get Stu's house as a map and Sydney as a Survivor. I just feel like they should be doing both. Not saying it's easy, but work isn't supposed to be easy.
If we don't get the only thing that breaks this games monotone gameplay, a chapter with a new killer and a survivor, we would lose a big part of the player base. The developers are supposed to balance game improvements and new features, they can't just give up on one to work on the other.
This has been floated around for years and the Devs have said it will never happen, but that doesn't mean I don't think it's needed.
This is valid, but the thing I proposed would be an attempt at adding in new content to keep the game going, such as new maps and cosmetics, even though that may not seem like enough, I think that new maps to run around on, and new clothing for old characters would keep the playerbase somewhat interested. Atleast for me it would. New content doesnt necessarily keep me hooked if the game is doing poorly. And it certainly hasnt with my friends :( Nobody plays anymore from my group