Question about Xbox One

My friend and I recently started playing on Xbox One, all other games we play we have no issues with but when I try to invite they get an error message saying the invite could not be accepted. Is there a way around this? There are alot of bugs and jank that I ignore because the game is fun but this is unacceptable.

Comments

  • Nope some days you just can't play when we run into this we usually just go play something else and come back another day

  • Both parties have to add one another as friends first, then you can send the invite.

  • @DemonDaddy said:

    Both parties have to add one another as friends first, then you can send the invite.

    Already tried that

  • There's nothing you can do. We tried resetting, hard resetting, changing who invites, resetting routers and modems, switching to another game then co.ing back. Playing a match separately. Playing as a killer separately. Nothing works

    Only solution is to come back later usually the next day although once it wouldn't let one of us join and the next day the other so it took two days of waiting

  • That's absurd. I have been looking around on Reddit and it seems this issue has been around for years. You would think the devs cared enough to fix it.

  • Yes this happens, and it can last a day or so. Most times restarting the game and inviting through each player's Profile (as opposed to all party invites) can work.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    If your both on xbox, you should be able to "join game" on you friend sitting in a lobby.

    when my friends play a match before I get online, they cant send me invites to their lobby sometimes, then the simple fix would be for me to start a lobby and send them invites.

    Otherwise restarting the game or "quit" the game fixes most issues similar to this.

    Recently I reinstalled the game and it seems to run smoother. Hate to reccomend that but, last resort.

    Tried all of these, and both games are recently downloaded.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2162291#Comment_2162291

    idk if NAT type would affect Dbd, it affects other games like cod.

    Nat type should be Open. check in network settings.

    if its strict it would prevent you from playing with others, but the standard troubleshoot for that is resetting router etc. which you have already done.... im kinda at a loss

    Edit: i assume you added each other as friend through dead by daylight profiles?

    Both of us have NAT type open

  • In my 2000+ hours I have never run into this issue. Feelsbadman

  • In dbd menu where colorblind options are scroll all the way to the bottom where it says party it’s default on private change it to public. That fixed mine. I’m also on Xbox one