Do you think this game should cater more towards solo players?
Genuine question. Do you think the overall game health would improve if more changes were to be made that improved the solo queue experience or do you think this would ruin the experience of the game?
One example I can think of could be something like adding a variance of kindred as a base perk for solo queue players, maybe only showing the locations of teammates when someone is hooked and not the killer as well.
Comments
It depends I would say, are you describing players who don't understand
I don't think those players should be catered too. That said, some form of Kindred base kit is something that is relatively harmless and something a lot of people have asked for
I agree, players who do not understand those things you listed should not be catered to. Catering towards the newer players is how you destroy seasoned players experiences, and learning those things always gives newer players something to work on. I’m speaking more towards the average to above average solo queue players experience.
Not cater, but bridge the gap between solo q and swf and to do that you need to give Solo Q more ways to communicate.
A ping system or "chat wheel" that pops up next to the icon of the survivor would be nice, a little chase icon to indicate when some one is in chase, etc.
One thing that I think would be cool as well, is to actually add back a bug that was in the game a few years ago, where sounds echoed through the whole map. You could hear an exit gate almost opened beep in the distance... Huntress "yelling" while throwing hatchets/swinging, it was actually such a cool bug I wish it stayed in the game, but they patched it very soon after.
I don't think that solo players should necessarily be catered to (I myself am a solo survivor) but I do think that there should be some kind of subtle balancing to offset the fact that they're playing with people they don't know, often teams who work together and chat and all that crap.
You said this much better than myself, by cater I didn’t necessarily mean just hand them an easy time, but like you said bridge the gap. And I didn’t play when that bug was in the game but I think that would definitely be a good addition that would add some more eeriness to the game.
I do think the solo experience is garbage. Whatever changes people come up with just keep in mind it can't make SWF even stronger than it already is.
I think proper matchmaking would fix the solo experience. It's the disparity in skill that really causes the frustration, and I don't really think solutions like kindred base kit will solve much. As a solo survivor main it would be nice to not have to bring an aura reading perk but it is a fun and fundamental part of the game, and between one aura perk and having some game sense you really do have enough information as a solo survivor. I just don't want to go up against some 3000 hour killer and my teammates are rank 6s who are crouching all over the map and then DC once they are found, although come to think about it I shouldn't be going against 3000 hour killers either.