Perk Idea: Juke Them
After you cleanse a totem, Juke Them activates.
While active & sprinting, you can look in a direction and press the Interact button. You leave scratch marks going in that direction as if you had sprinted that way for 4 seconds. You also leave no scratch marks for 2/3/4 seconds.
Juke Them can only be used once a match.
The idea behind it:
Basically, a quick player, using LoS blockers, could send scratch marks off in one direction, then double back/hide/go elsewhere while the Killer follows those scratch marks.
'Living is easy; all you gotta do is juke them!'
Comments
Just use Diversion
Ok, I guess we'll never make new perks?
Why not just judge the perk on its own merit?
I can't because this is literally the exact same thing as Diversion, except for the method by which it gets activated and the fact that Diversion produces a noise notification.
So it's exactly like Diversion, except for how it activates...and how it works...and how it distracts the Killer.
I see.
They both serve the same purpose, produce scratch marks, with the exact same use case.
But anyway, I'd probably tweak this perk a bit so that on top of the original effect, you get no scratch marks for a certain amount of time and your movements are reflected by those fake scratch marks.
I actually did not know that Diversion made scratch marks. I apologize. I thought it only did the noise, so I figured a scratch mark perk would be unique.
What what do you mean by your movements being reflected by the scratch marks? That sounds like it could be a headache, unless I'm misunderstanding. The way I picture my skill is that it basically makes an invisible Survivor sprint for 4 seconds in the direction you point, while you stop leaving scratch marks.
Well basically, let's say the perk activates and then you turn left. So the scratch marks created by this perk would make a turn to the right, as if a player was making them.
Ahh. I thought so. Hmm...Maybe? I feel like that could be annoying to code, or even give away the user...I mean, if you send it out, then turn left, aren't the new scratch marks just 3 feet to your side & running parallel to you? Since they turned left instead of continuing to run away from your point of origin.
not exactly. They do the opposite of what you do, like how your right hand is on the left side of a mirror.
Ahhh. So if you go left, it goes right, and runs away from you. That does make more sense.
Also true, but we need some new perks to shake up the meta. :)