Cross Platform and Cross Progression
I'm reloading DbD on my PS5 to check it out again. Last time I played they were adding in battle pass and it was ruining matches...so I took a break. Does the cross platform work in favor of PC players like everyone thought it would? Does it still take half an hour to get a match? Also, any news on transferring progression from Playstation to PC? I heard a rumor that BHVR are working on a matchmaking revamp. Is it true and have they announced a date for that? Thanks in advance!
Comments
Cross platform doesn’t favor PC too much. Of course you have an advantage playing M&K compared to controller when you play killer, but you don’t go against other killers and for survivors it doesn’t really matter which input,
Lobby times differ from region and time of day obviously. But I think currently the queue times are great on both sides (central Europe)
cross Progression is at the time only available for Steam and Stadia, Switch will follow soon. The devs can’t confirm when or if it is ever available for PS and MIcrosoft platforms. (Maybe they have news on the anniversary stream on May 25th...)
Matchmaking will be changed to MMR, a hidden rank that’s different to the now used rank. It’s going to be killer specific, so if you are bad at Nurse but a great and phenomenal Wraith main, you should get paired skilled survs as Wraith but inexperienced survs as Nurse. (That’s also why you can’t change killer char after hitting ready). No date yet, there was a 24h long test in the live servers some weeks ago.
If cross progression between all platforms is announced, that will be a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE step in the right direction for the game.
AFAIK, it's usually Sony that refuses to play ball in such things.