Rank reset is rediculously punishing for players who play both sides.
Honestly I feel the reason there is so many survivor main/killer mains is cause how much of a pain in the ass it is to rank up both sides.
Honestly I feel the reason there is so many survivor main/killer mains is cause how much of a pain in the ass it is to rank up both sides.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Why bother trying to rank up at all? It's far too easy to rank up on the back of a few easy games, and then you end up stuck facing the tryhards in red ranks anyway, and even when you lose you don't lose pips fast enough to derank to where you should be.
You get stuck in purgatory, facing opponents far above your skill level, losing/dying in every game, but scoring just enough points to black pip.
Bring on MMR.
You can hardly call this a Reset at this point. At max, 4 Ranks...
yeah I want to escape the survivors who live in low ranks.
It should be more.
Reset everyone back 10 ranks again.
I have no problems at all. Its only to rank 5, so i reach red rank almost immediately.
Ehh I find it annoying since I have only started getting into survivor recently and trying to juggle my killer rank while trying to rank up as survivor is a nightmare. Especially since low rank teammates can be ya know... I always get to rank 9 reset to 12 have a suicide/DC depip to 13 then get stuck in low rank limbo until I eventually get enough lucky teammates in a raw I get out of it start climbing in green again then get to 9 then reset ######### slaps me.
If you’re not good at the game sure, but if you have any skill hitting rank 1 takes little effort and just happens. It takes me around 10 games to get back to 1 as killer, and not much longer for survivor.
If you worry about ranking up don’t, it’s a meaningless measurement of skill. You’ll just rank up as you play and get better.
I mean... I play both sides all the time... It's not like it's really hard to climb back up the ladder when you get deranked to rank 5.