The blatant key abuse NEEDS to stop.

I'm not joking when I'm saying that every second match I've had these past couple of weeks featured a survivor finding a key just to open the hatch with it. These screwed up spawn-rates are literally breaking the game in favor of survivors.

There needs to be a fix immediately along with a proper rework to this broken mechanic. You've done it to moris, now do it with keys.

Comments

  • @Bard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2154857#Comment_2154857

    Right now you absolutely ######### can.

    Key spawn rates are bugged to be the same at base as when you're running Plunderers.

    If you're searching chests, you will find keys at absurd rates right now.

    I've been playing with Appraisal all night. I found a single key.

  • Don’t forget about the pallet glitch. We’re both suffering, bring hoarder/franklins/Cut coin. Also, apply proper gen pressure so no hatch spawns. At most one survivor will escape.

  • @Verconissp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2154909#Comment_2154909

    Then they would do a last second switch if they wanted to bring a key in..

    Keys in bloodwebs shouldn't be a thing at all my guy,

    That's why my interaction would be better since it would be still counting towards the achievement for everyone escaping the hatch together

    ...Plus iff they wait till the last second to bm on EGC and then take the escape. they'd have to wait 12 seconds. giving you enough time to kill them or EGC killing them,

    I think you didn't read my full comment. I didn't propose only making so keys don't open the hatch, I said it should be either that or a number of changes I listed below, deeper than only a 12 second time. Read my comment again.


    And even the last second switch is still better than keys spawning in chests. At least you can see they have it from the start when they do a last second switch. Better than chests that allow them to escape all of sudden without you even noticing someone had looted a key.

    If anything, just make so survivors can't switch character or items during the last 15 seconds of the waiting time. That should fix the last second switch problem. But if the changes I proposed where implemented, I don't need that would be as much of an issue as it is today.

  • @Bard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2154857#Comment_2154857

    Right now you absolutely ######### can.

    Key spawn rates are bugged to be the same at base as when you're running Plunderers.

    If you're searching chests, you will find keys at absurd rates right now.

    They really aren't as high as people are making them out to be. I'm not sure whether or not the recent hotfix affected the spawn rate in some way without actually stating as such but ever since said hotfix I don't think I've found a single key myself. Obviously this is just anecdotal so I could be completely wrong, but going off my first hand experiences, the spawn rates are nowhere near as high as they were upon All-Kill's release.


  • @MrsGhostface said:

    Don’t forget about the pallet glitch. We’re both suffering, bring hoarder/franklins/Cut coin. Also, apply proper gen pressure so no hatch spawns. At most one survivor will escape.

    Hoarder actually increases the odds of a survivor finding a key, so I think it's a bad idea. Franklin's is the only thing that actually counters keys, but even that can be denied by survivors who know how to avoid it. And also, not everyone has Franklin's with every killer and not everyone wants to change 25% of their perk because of a bug that is allowing survivors to have a "press button to escape" item frequently.

    Applying propper pressure is not a counter, is what a killer should aim to do every match, but the hatch can spawn at some point after at least 3 gens are done, and the first three are usually the easier ones for survivors and will usually be done if the survivors are playing well.


    But yeah, I agree the pallet glitch needs to be fixed as soon as possible too.

1 2 ›