How do people enjoy going against Spirit?

Like it's the most infuriating thing in the world to vers her.

I try to do different things against her but it's like they never work. I double back on my scratch marks, fast vault a window and slow vault back through it, etc. But I just go down anyways cause she has more cues to know where I am.

Oh and dont forget the biggest brain mindgame she has, the "take your hands off your keyboard tech" sounds stupid but totally effective.

I've heard people say you can hear her footsteps but it seems as though you might need a really good pair of headphones to hear them over the blaring chase music, your own breathing, your own loud footsteps, and ambient noise.

How can I handle chases against her? I just mentally give up when going against one cause everything I do seems to not work.

Comments

  • @CantDeadHarder said:

    Like it's the most infuriating thing in the world to vers her.

    I try to do different things against her but it's like they never work. I double back on my scratch marks, fast vault a window and slow vault back through it, etc. But I just go down anyways cause she has more cues to know where I am.

    Oh and dont forget the biggest brain mindgame she has, the "take your hands off your keyboard tech" sounds stupid but totally effective.

    I've heard people say you can hear her footsteps but it seems as though you might need a really good pair of headphones to hear them over the blaring chase music, your own breathing, your own loud footsteps, and ambient noise.

    How can I handle chases against her? I just mentally give up when going against one cause everything I do seems to not work.

    I don't enjoy playing as spirit because I am horrible with tracking during phasewalk.

    I don't enjoy going against spirit since I know they are a lot better than me at tracking and can never get away.


    This is not me being toxic, it gets mildly infuriating knowing I have no chance no matter how I look at the game or how inspired I am at winning.

  • Because they are judging killers by their loop-a-bility. Can you engage spirit in a chase and loop her a bit? yep. does that mean she isn't broken af? nope. but to some people here being able to feel good about themselves cause they looped a killer is more important than anything else

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2149873#Comment_2149873

    Its because she has inherent counter-play, a lot more than people give spirit for. Spirit is such well-designed killer. Its crazy. Most of spirit's gameplay revolves around making predictions around the survivor's movement, her mechanical skill very low meaning she has a very good skill-floor but high-skill mastery as her skill allows her to beat any team with good prediction and solid tracking skills. Its like perfect formula. The reason why survivors feel like they can't beat her is because their movement is too predictable and no single action done repetitively will work against spirit. you need mix it up and she has answers to what you mix up but you also have answers to their mix-up. I wish more killers were like spirit where either side could make a good play.

    With nurse, She's more raw mechanic skill and raw power, you can make nurse miss few blinks from extremely far away but eventually you'll get zoned in the corner and a lot of her blinks will start become more reactional than prediction based if your too close to her. She is just as fun to face as spirit when you go on Hawkins,Lery and like Rotten fields as the large amount of wallblockers makes her closer to prediction based killer. Ironically these maps are.... very hard for nurse compare to the others.

    surely doesnt feel that way to me. It usually just feels like I'm getting punished because of not knowing information I'm not allowed to have.

    She can hear me, has an addon which allows you to see blood so it's more accurate tracking, and she can hear the little "umpfs" you make when you slow vault things. While all I hear is blaring chase music and/or the loud terror radius which covers up any sound she might make.

    tbh I'd rather go against a nurse cause atleast with nurse I dont feel like I went down because of bs, I went down to a killer who has great muscle memory and has good game sense, so when I die to a nurse I don't feel as miserable. But I hate Spirit because I have to use more brain power to try and not get hit while they can just hold W at me and use their ears. I just feel like she's too easy to play for her to be that good of a killer.

  • I mean, why do you people enjoy playing games based entirely on random chance?

  • @kyogul said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2150509#Comment_2150509

    Try the 'you're bad because I disagree with you' argument on someone else, I'm not the one.

    In technicality you can outplay them. The issue is that they have much more control and leverage to outplay you than you ever will to outplay them, if all things are considered equal. I don't consider guesses to be counterplay.

    You can break LOS from Deathslinger to avoid getting shot at, but that's a "counterplay" credited to the map rather than the survivor. Léry's is a good example because of how many walls and LOS breaks there are. Majority of maps are very open in comparison if not in general, so I stand by what I said again: you don't juke a deathslinger, he simply misses his shots.

    It's not a "you are bad because you disagree with me". It's the mindset that you only win or lose because you faced a certain killer then you are not acting like a good player and are just looking to protect your own ego because you lost.

  • @CantDeadHarder said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2151003#Comment_2151003

    surely doesnt feel that way to me. It usually just feels like I'm getting punished because of not knowing information I'm not allowed to have.

    She can hear me, has an addon which allows you to see blood so it's more accurate tracking, and she can hear the little "umpfs" you make when you slow vault things. While all I hear is blaring chase music and/or the loud terror radius which covers up any sound she might make.

    tbh I'd rather go against a nurse cause atleast with nurse I dont feel like I went down because of bs, I went down to a killer who has great muscle memory and has good game sense, so when I die to a nurse I don't feel as miserable. But I hate Spirit because I have to use more brain power to try and not get hit while they can just hold W at me and use their ears. I just feel like she's too easy to play for her to be that good of a killer.

    "She can hear me, has an addon which allows you to see blood so it's more accurate tracking, and she can hear the little "umpfs" you make when you slow vault things. While all I hear is blaring chase music and/or the loud terror radius which covers up any sound she might make."

    Father glasses is iri add-on. Funny enough, if you ask popular opinion for what people believe is the best spirit's add-on, They'll say Mother Daughter Ring+Yakuyoke Amulet. Father glasses is really rare to face in my experience but it is no doubt a very strong add-on that is often paired with the perk sloppy butcher. I understand why people think Mother Daughter ring+Yakuyoke Amulet is stronger and it has to do with how blight plays the game. The ring allows you to move at 220% and Blight's power moves at 230%, This amount of speed is fast enough to hit survivors before they make it to next loop after a pallet break. It is important to remember that Spirit retains full control unlike blight where you can use objects to dead angle his swing that many players fail to utilize. The father glasses on other hand.... gives you very precise information and removes a lot of the mindgames if you utilize information correctly so I would say that both of these add-ons really ascend spirit similar to how 5 blink nurse and omega blink ascended nurse in the past. I'd say these add-on are basically the reason for her S-tier status.

    "tbh I'd rather go against a nurse cause atleast with nurse I dont feel like I went down because of bs,"

    I don't really enjoy good nurses because her power is too raw and very direct. Also a lot of good nurses generally slug because its extremely advantageous to do so. Nurse can win worse teams without it, but she becomes a lot easier to gen-rush due to inadequate amount of map pressure being exerted. I'd say it depends what you consider "bs" hits. If you think saying that in the context of ultra-weak loops, for example the car loop directly outside of badham school, realize that most of the killers would get same hits as spirit would at these weak loops. those loops are practically joke loops. If your talking about the stronger loops, I'd say spirit power plaster fixes a lot of badly designed tilesets for killer and you have fair shot at wasting spirit's power gauge as much she has the chance to hit you.

    I personally do not really mind losing to killers, I think that's big part of playing survivor is accepting your losses when another player is clearly playing better than you, though a lot of survivors has huge egos with the teabag at exit gate at weak killers rather than actually learn to play against a good challenge.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2150948#Comment_2150948

    It's not a "you are bad because you disagree with me". It's the mindset that you only win or lose because you faced a certain killer then you are not acting like a good player and are just looking to protect your own ego because you lost.

    The fact that you made all of that projection--erroneously at that--over someone having a different opinion than you about a video game character is truly interesting.

    It's always the bellends who have to act morally superior when they can't form an argument. News flash: no one cares about meeting any of your standards. No one cares if you give them your stamp of approval. No one asked. When there's demand for irrelevant, meaningless, and pretentious opinions, you will be the first to know as I will need a reliable supplier.

    @CantDeadHarder said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2150948#Comment_2150948

    True, it's physically impossible for you to react to a shot from deathslinger, you have to anticipate the shot.

    Yep that's kind of my point. There is technically a sound he makes when he's about to shoot, but the fact that he can quick scope and that the sound amidst chase is not reliable makes that indicator meaningless, much like the husk (?) on Spirit's body glowing when she's phasing, or her animation reset.

    The fact that people have to parse through so much tripe to find "counterplay" to these killers and list unrealistic counters showcases the point about why people dislike going against these killers. These killers have significantly more power to win a chase than the survivor ever will and it comes across as unfair. Nurse is the same way but I think she is the exception considering she actually takes skill to use even decently. Deathslinger is about can you shoot or not. Spirit is largely about how good is your hearing, though I do think people don't acknowledge playing Spirit involves game sense as well since you do have to anticipate moves sometimes instead of just relying solely on scratch marks or sound.

  • @kyogul said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2151130#Comment_2151130

    The fact that you made all of that projection--erroneously at that--over someone having a different opinion than you about a video game character is truly interesting.

    It's always the bellends who have to act morally superior when they can't form an argument. News flash: no one cares about meeting any of your standards. No one cares if you give them your stamp of approval. No one asked. When there's demand for irrelevant, meaningless, and pretentious opinions, you will be the first to know as I will need a reliable supplier.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2151061#Comment_2151061

    Yep that's kind of my point. There is technically a sound he makes when he's about to shoot, but the fact that he can quick scope and that the sound amidst chase is not reliable makes that indicator meaningless, much like the husk (?) on Spirit's body glowing when she's phasing, or her animation reset.

    The fact that people have to parse through so much tripe to find "counterplay" to these killers and list unrealistic counters showcases the point about why people dislike going against these killers. These killers have significantly more power to win a chase than the survivor ever will and it comes across as unfair. Nurse is the same way but I think she is the exception considering she actually takes skill to use even decently. Deathslinger is about can you shoot or not. Spirit is largely about how good is your hearing, though I do think people don't acknowledge playing Spirit involves game sense as well since you do have to anticipate moves sometimes instead of just relying solely on scratch marks or sound.

    Look if you want to keep a bad player mindset where you blame all your loses on everything but your own skill, go ahead.

    Deathslinger and Spirit both have counterplay and are more than just "hope they are bad".

    But maybe one day you'll figure it out.

  • She is fine as long as she doesn't run stridor.

  • I'm rank 4 killer with Spirit and I still have plenty of issues going against people with Iron Will. Good loopers still do well because a Spirit isn't in a phase 100% of the time. I had the worst time going against a very good looper who was running Quick and Quiet, Distraction and Iron Will. He completely embarrassed me. It is possible to play well against Spirit.

  • @Axe said:

    She is fine as long as she doesn't run stridor.

    so she's not fine, cause every Spirit ever runs Stridor lol

1 2 ›