Killers: Don't watch Twitch

This is just a mental health PSA.

So, I just figured out what TTV in survivors names means (yeah, I know) and played against a team of twitch streamers a couple of nights ago.

The survivors all escaped but it was a fun match and all but one was on their last hook so I thought it would be fun to see the match from the survivor side. Big mistake. Twitch streamers are really mean.

The streamer posted the full night on his channel and they just were the worst. Apparently I deserve to be put on a "registry with sex offenders" because I ran tinkerer. I am a (bad word) because I am rank 1 (I didn't make that judgement call, I don't even know how to run loops, it isnt my fault the game says I'm rank 1).

They acted like everything successful I did was an example of my moral failings, and I didn't deserve any hits i got or hooks, but also that I was moron when I made mistakes.

They were running OoO, playing with perfect communication and stream 6.5 hours every night about.

Like why have that toxic attitude? It's like a pro football team smashing a bunch of high school players, calling them (bad words) for losing but when they fumble screaming at these kids that it isnt fair since they are wearing red jerseys.

So, don't watch past Twitch streams. Live in your head that the people you are playing with are kind and just having fun like you. Twitch streamers, I hope you are entertained.

Fyi- I play on console so no post game chat. I now see how that might be for the best. Oh, and yes they tbed but everyone does, I don't take that seriously.

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • I watch the VODs after I fight a twitchy.

    I enjoy watching them break.

  • @Kirkylad said:

    This is why I always dodge TTV's because the majority of them are the biggest complainers and toxic rats out there.

    That just makes it more fun to crush them.

    I play nice as much as possible and give players 'gg <3's every game, but I'd be lying if I didn't say that survivor salt is one of my primary sources of nourishment.

  • Twitch has always been known for being a cesspool idk why people are acting like dbd ttvs are the exception in this thread.

  • The generalizations people can make are hilarious.

    There are certainly "toxic" streamers out there, just like there are plenty of very nice streamers as well. Just like you'll run into a mixture of both types of people who are non-streamers in-game as well. Just like in real life. To stereotype everyone together is inaccurate, to put it nicely.

    In my own experience, I've had almost all good interactions with people I've played against who were streamers, both killers and survivors. Only a couple weren't worth my time (a fellow survivor who DC'ed 30 seconds into a match because we were facing a Spirit, and a member of a SWF group who, when I went and watched their POV of our match the day afterwards, kept saying how terrible a killer I was as Myers and how easy escaping was going to be -- right before the 4K, lol -- those two stick out, though there have been a handful of others).

    I've met some great people by hopping into their stream after a match to say hello, and almost everyone has been refreshingly normal and nice.

  • @SleepingPilot said:

    This is just a mental health PSA.

    So, I just figured out what TTV in survivors names means (yeah, I know) and played against a team of twitch streamers a couple of nights ago.

    The survivors all escaped but it was a fun match and all but one was on their last hook so I thought it would be fun to see the match from the survivor side. Big mistake. Twitch streamers are really mean.

    The streamer posted the full night on his channel and they just were the worst. Apparently I deserve to be put on a "registry with sex offenders" because I ran tinkerer. I am a (bad word) because I am rank 1 (I didn't make that judgement call, I don't even know how to run loops, it isnt my fault the game says I'm rank 1).

    They acted like everything successful I did was an example of my moral failings, and I didn't deserve any hits i got or hooks, but also that I was moron when I made mistakes.

    They were running OoO, playing with perfect communication and stream 6.5 hours every night about.

    Like why have that toxic attitude? It's like a pro football team smashing a bunch of high school players, calling them (bad words) for losing but when they fumble screaming at these kids that it isnt fair since they are wearing red jerseys.

    So, don't watch past Twitch streams. Live in your head that the people you are playing with are kind and just having fun like you. Twitch streamers, I hope you are entertained.

    Fyi- I play on console so no post game chat. I now see how that might be for the best. Oh, and yes they tbed but everyone does, I don't take that seriously.

    Do not worry,let them have fun with their 3 viewers.

  • I’ve noticed a trend in where the more viewers someone has, the more they act rude. Obviously there are some exceptions, like the saint Otzdarva who is the biggest DbD streamer on twitch.

  • They were just putting bandaids on their bruised egos because they're too tiny brained to admit when they made mistakes or when an opponent played well. Just replace all salt with "waaaah, im a big baby" and take solace in that

  • @Malum_Midnight said:

    I’ve noticed a trend in where the more viewers someone has, the more they act rude. Obviously there are some exceptions, like the saint Otzdarva who is the biggest DbD streamer on twitch.

    I like Monto for his meme build and from his youtube video he doesn't seem to be rude.

  • @Tubby_Squirrel said:

    I don't get the joke in the false 'TTV' sterotype. Is it some famous You Tuber that everyone is parroting the lie that TTV increases the odds a person is toxic?

    I personally have gone against at least 30 or 40 TTV's so there is a VERY low chance that if this sterotype were real that none would be toxic... none were toxic.

    Now am I meant to beilive I just got lucky... FORTY TIMES IN A ROW or that everyone else is over exaggerating👻?

    Idk man. I think that a good 25% of SWF streamers are toxic like that, at least in purple-red ranks. I think the thing is that the worst casual players are not nearly as bad as the worst TTV players. They ham it up and act more toxic because that's what their toxic fan base likes. No, not all of them, but the bad ones are REALLLY bad

  • I really have no idea myself. I don't watch that many different Streamers, certainly not the little up and comers I watch (in no particular order): Monto, Otz, Stalky Boi, Samination, and sometimes Tru... but not usually. He is kind of dry. On an odd day if I had a good game against a TTV person and want to see how it played out from their side I'll go watch the replay to see what I could have done better or missed. Showmanship is what separates Streamers, and most newbies just don't have that.

  • @SleepingPilot said:

    This is just a mental health PSA.

    So, I just figured out what TTV in survivors names means (yeah, I know) and played against a team of twitch streamers a couple of nights ago.

    The survivors all escaped but it was a fun match and all but one was on their last hook so I thought it would be fun to see the match from the survivor side. Big mistake. Twitch streamers are really mean.

    The streamer posted the full night on his channel and they just were the worst. Apparently I deserve to be put on a "registry with sex offenders" because I ran tinkerer. I am a (bad word) because I am rank 1 (I didn't make that judgement call, I don't even know how to run loops, it isnt my fault the game says I'm rank 1).

    They acted like everything successful I did was an example of my moral failings, and I didn't deserve any hits i got or hooks, but also that I was moron when I made mistakes.

    They were running OoO, playing with perfect communication and stream 6.5 hours every night about.

    Like why have that toxic attitude? It's like a pro football team smashing a bunch of high school players, calling them (bad words) for losing but when they fumble screaming at these kids that it isnt fair since they are wearing red jerseys.

    So, don't watch past Twitch streams. Live in your head that the people you are playing with are kind and just having fun like you. Twitch streamers, I hope you are entertained.

    Fyi- I play on console so no post game chat. I now see how that might be for the best. Oh, and yes they tbed but everyone does, I don't take that seriously.

    I definitely think you're taking it a little far by assuming all streamers are awful people because of one instance. That's like assuming all Spirits are scumbags and all Claudettes enjoy ruining the game for everyone, it's ridiculous. Plenty of players are toxic without needing a streamer to tell them to be, that's been true for a looong time. I play on console as well and I've had plenty of people DM me complaining about what happened in game. Isn't putting all the blame on a certain set of people toxic in itself? -> "Twitch streamers, I hope you are entertained"

  • @TheWarNung said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2149461#Comment_2149461

    That just makes it more fun to crush them.

    I play nice as much as possible and give players 'gg <3's every game, but I'd be lying if I didn't say that survivor salt is one of my primary sources of nourishment.

    That's the thing, I've listened to them through a headphone on my phone while playing just to hear what they say during the match and no matter if I play nice or not they just talk trash all through the match and even after I've had them mock my name and that I'm on console etc.

    It's easier just to avoid them like the plague instead of just knowing that them and their viewers are just talking trash about me during and after the match.

  • Not my experience, all of the Twitch streamers i visited at their stream either had nothing to say or nice things to say.

    Thanks for your warning, but i won't take it into consideration.

  • Hey now, I'm a streamer Cough 2 viewers Cough :P Not DBD, though.

    I firmly believe that being a toxic person poisons your soul, so to speak. You fall into a habit of getting angry & making excuses, which means you can't learn from your mistakes, which leads to making those same mistakes over and over again, then getting angry & making excuses, then not learning, etc.

    Soon, the game stops being fun because 'everyone cheats' or 'The mechanics hold me back', and then what's the point of playing? Just to get more angry?

    And if you have a viewer base, you then spreading the poison. They'll mimic what they saw their favorite twitch streamers do or say. (Which is why I stopped watching Ohmwrecker's DBD videos; if the Killer does ANYTHING intelligent, he squawks 'He's tunneling!'. Youtubers/streamers need to learn that their actions will be parroted by their fans, and act accordingly).

  • I try to avoid lobbies with "TTV" in their name and "YT". I really dont want to be working for someone for FREE. Meaning. I am helping them create content and NOT being paid for it. I would encourage others to do the same as well.

    The other night I decided to take the lobby and played against the team. I 4k'd the team and because someone felt bad for the person. They got 500 bits for it. Im not being PAID for the time. But that is up to whomever I guess.

  • I’ve gone against fun ttvs and some

    squad Ttvs that were toxic. Usually the first minute of the match will inform you of which one you’ll get.


    my fave was going against Yerv. He was super chill/fun and had the most random build from what I remember. I played normally(as well as I could on Doctor for a daily.. I don’t care for him) but mainly just vibed.

  • @Tubby_Squirrel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2149273#Comment_2149273

    A majority? So you can with resonable certainly account for at least 51% of TTV's? Please provide a list with evidence for each name and the math used to confirm you can account for the actions of 51% or more of TTVs

    wow buddy you baffle me, you expected that i have made a goddamn list off TTVs ive gone against? I could start by keeping records now but what for? i have nothing to prove to someone like you

1 2 ›