Death slinger rework?
I honestly dislike deathslinger and rather go against other killers, HOWEVER, I would say that he is in an okay place. While lacking in map pressure, he excels in chase especially in the 1v1 scenario. If he were to get a charge I can only imagine it like this:
The longer he aims the further his spear can fire (increased up to 30-40 ish meters) and the more durability it has (up to 24-30 seconds). When quickly aiming then firing, he is guaranteed at least 5-7 meters and 8 seconds to reel.
He has a smaller movement speed penalty when aiming and his terror radius is increased to 28-32 meters.
Even then it might be more of a nerf than a full rework. There too much that comes to play when balancing deathslinger that it is truly a challenge.
Comments
Doing that will make it super hard for deathslinger to hit shots from afar, his ads sens is already low enough you can't consistently hit far range flicks like other fps games.
I personally do not know how to change deathslinger without completely reworking him, although i think his add ons could use a rework
What about this:
We nerf his 1v1 and buff his 1v4.
I suggest adding a wind up/cool down animation when he ads'. This will remove his free zoning and his most hated part of his kit. It will indicate to survivors when they're actually in danger of being shot rather than if he's in los, you're under pressure instantly.
To buff the 1v4 he now has a sidearm grapple gun which allows him to shoot terrain and drag himself to it quickly. You can also basic attack after your grapple ends. It has a reload time of 2-3 seconds.
This killer would suddenly have counter play that's more than never get in los of him. The gameplay would be dynamic for the killer too.
As much as I HATE Deathslinger, I don't think he needs a rework. BUT, I want to give him a small nerf. And that nerf is that you won't get injured when the chain breaks. Because in my opinion, he made a bad shot if the chain breaks. And I don't think he should be rewarded for making a bad shot, I know he enters fatigue when it breaks but still. He kinda gets rewarded by making a bad shot. Because at his current state, pallets are not useful against him, because he can injure you over it. Windows will never be useful against him, but that's good in my opinion. And I also think there should be a time gap between him raises his gun and being able to shoot. Because there's no reaction time right now.
But, if he makes a good shot and hits you, that would apply the deepwound effect in my opinion. It happens sometimes, but I think you would get the deepwound all the time if he M1 you after he chained you. The same goes for bad shots against an injured survivor. His terror radius and movement speed should stay the same.