Players should be rewarded on their gameplay, not if they escape or kill

I understand this is a point of contention, but seriously, when you do three gens and loops the killer for the other two just to get abandoned by your teammates on hook is one thing, but to get less points than the player who did nothing all game just because they escaped and were the obsession is a slap in the face.

Killers are pushed to tunnel if they want to make enough points to make the match worth it, and survivors utilize every trick in the book and play as dirty as they can just to prolong a single chase.

Don't base rank around gameplay, base earnings around gameplay, and increase the cap

make players better at the game without being forced to use dirty tactics and cut down on the grind at the same time

Comments

  • Tbh there needs to be some sort of BP rework, killers are required to 4k to get max. points (which leads to people using boring or unfun tactics in order to guarantee this happening), and survivors don't get max. points without farming.

  • @DwightFairfield said:

    I understand this is a point of contention, but seriously, when you do three gens and loops the killer for the other two just to get abandoned by your teammates on hook is one thing, but to get less points than the player who did nothing all game just because they escaped and were the obsession is a slap in the face.

    Killers are pushed to tunnel if they want to make enough points to make the match worth it, and survivors utilize every trick in the book and play as dirty as they can just to prolong a single chase.

    Don't base rank around gameplay, base earnings around gameplay, and increase the cap

    make players better at the game without being forced to use dirty tactics and cut down on the grind at the same time

    That exact situation just happened to me two or three nights ago. I was going around doing gens and popped 2 or 3, eluded the killer a couple of times, did a couple of unhooks. I kept noticing the aura of a Claudette just kind of moving from hiding place to hiding place throughout the match. I was annoyed, but what can I do?

    Finally I get hooked to struggle state and her aura is RIGHT beneath me, like 100 feet away in the basement of the Badham preschool. She just stood there motionless the whole time as I struggled. Turns out she'd found the hatch. I wait to see the final score and she gets more points than I do, for having done literally nothing. That's some bullshit.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Make friends and play with them. I would rather die for a friend than a random that screws you over.

    having friends does not equal a balanced game

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Make friends and play with them. I would rather die for a friend than a random that screws you over.

    As much as I hate swf I hate randoms even more.