The chemical formulars in the new hallowed blight video
So thanks to a friend studying chemistry, I got him to tell me what all that stuff means.
The big structure you can see is hemoglobin.
The reactions below are for creating hydrogen bromide (really poisonous) and some sort of chlorate, I was told it's the one used at swimming pools to keep them clean so they are not that dangerous, one of the byproducts in the reaction however (chromium(III) hydroxide) is very poisonous for both flora and fauna as well.
I don't know what to make of this yet but I am quite confident BHVR is throwing us a bone here. I doubt it's something totally random, especially since the cinematic emphasis was on the bookpage with these formulars and we saw a shadowy figure testing something nearby plants. I think it is hinting at something (maybe something simple like hemoglobin -> blood -> bloodpoints or whatever).
I have tried to find some real-life connection (similar to how Doc had some connections with a guy treating people with a "gaming addiction" with shock therapy but I haven't found anything yet.
EDIT: I have no idea whether this belongs here, to General Discussions, or to Lore Discussions. If any mod reads this, feel free to move it.
Comments
One of the journals regarding the event says that once a year, the Entity is infested with blight. So it's no Vigo's doing apparently.
OH, and the heme molecule up top is likely because he was experimenting injecting rats, so he's trying to figure out how the flower nectar is going to interact with the blood.
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/24661/resident-evil-tie-in-crazy-fan-theory-on-the-hallowed-blight-event#latest
*Puts on his Tin Foil hat* ITS A COMMING I SWEAR IT!
According to Benedict Baker's journal, it appears that Vigo was distilling the putrid nectar from the pustulas that have been forming as the Entity purges it's blight. It seems implied to me that he was able to create some kind of a serum from the putrid nectar, and believed it contained some of the Entity's power when injected/consumed.
Benedict Baker taking an interest ends up running some trials of his own, but is instead bitten by the rat he was testing on, infecting his wound with the serum, which seems to have given him some sort of 'power'. According to his journal entry on October 23rd he was worried that he was close to death, but then in his October 24th entry, he realizes his 'power' when he's attacked, and he kicks his assailant into a brick wall. Benedict seems to think this power might help him escape, and so he feels pressed for time, but we know how it ends for him.
Assuming this is accurate, it's possible that the formulas we see in the preview represent one of possibly many experiments Vigo performed while trying to determine how to distill a serum from the nectar. It looks like all of the reactions fit, too. Hemoglobin controls oxygen entering and leaving of the blood stream; the nectar is putrid, and anything that is putrid is rotting and has had all of it's oxygen removed; so, maybe with a different substrate, Vigo was able to get the blood and nectar to react, passing on the Entity's power? Or maybe he was trying to remove oxygen from the blood?
Either way, it must not have worked very well if the event's new cosmetics are any indication of the serum's results! The new cosmetics appear to be rotting from the inside out, yikes.
Is this anything to do with Visceral Cankers?