What choice do I have on this "game of choices"

Like said in the title. I had 2 games this evening, I'm gonna talk about one. Map is Rotten Fields, killer trapper. Please, what choice do I have when I am tunneled right away after being unhooked on a dead zone map, with nothing to help myself (I mean pallets, loops) with decent perks, that I found fun to run for a match. This game literally forces you to run unbreakable + ds or other meta perks, because everything else is just trash. Ok, you can say "then not play" or "cry" or basically that I have to move on but yeah:)

Comments

  • People will likely scold both of us for this but yes, I too have had matches (way too many, to be honest) in which the killer was close enough to find me within literally ten or fifteen seconds, as I'm still sneaking around trying to get my bearings, and I'm pretty much instantly in a chase. They're faster, they already ran up on me before I knew what was happening, I don't know where everything is yet and I'm downed.

    I don't know what the algorithm is for starting killers and survivors apart, or if there's some kind of minimum distance that's set between them, but lately I've had an inordinate amount of killers catching up to myself and / or the other survivors before we can even get to the first generator. That seems a bit much.

    EDIT: I misread your post and didn't catch that you were tunneled not immediately but rather after being unhooked. My issue is a little different, I apologize.

  • Yep. If you don’t run meta prepare to lose a lot

  • @rosyvous said:

    Like said in the title. I had 2 games this evening, I'm gonna talk about one. Map is Rotten Fields, killer trapper. Please, what choice do I have when I am tunneled right away after being unhooked on a dead zone map, with nothing to help myself (I mean pallets, loops) with decent perks, that I found fun to run for a match. This game literally forces you to run unbreakable + ds or other meta perks, because everything else is just trash. Ok, you can say "then not play" or "cry" or basically that I have to move on but yeah:)

    You guys have a bad game or two and then think it’s the norm. Just cause you ran into a ######### killer doesn’t mean everyone plays like that. There’s too much complaining here over nothing.

  • @Killerdonut80 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/245336/what-choice-do-i-have-on-this-game-of-choices

    You guys have a bad game or two and then think it’s the norm. Just cause you ran into a ######### killer doesn’t mean everyone plays like that. There’s too much complaining here over nothing.

    I didn't say that there's no good and super fair killers to play with, but isn't it depressing when you stumble upon a killer of this kind, and don't even have a thing to help youself.

  • @Killerdonut80 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/245336/what-choice-do-i-have-on-this-game-of-choices

    You guys have a bad game or two and then think it’s the norm. Just cause you ran into a ######### killer doesn’t mean everyone plays like that. There’s too much complaining here over nothing.

    I don't know what happened to my reply, but there we go again. I didn't say that there are no super fair killers to play with but isn't it depressing, when you are being unhooked and there's nothing to help yourself? You just wait in queue for 15 minutes to play like 5 minutes of unfun match. I just had a thought there should be something to make this kind of behaviour less attractive.

  • I couldn't possibly agree more. But hey "sUrViVoRs oP" am I right?

  • @miketheratguy said:

    People will likely scold both of us for this but yes, I too have had matches (way too many, to be honest) in which the killer was close enough to find me within literally ten or fifteen seconds, as I'm still sneaking around trying to get my bearings, and I'm pretty much instantly in a chase. They're faster, they already ran up on me before I knew what was happening, I don't know where everything is yet and I'm downed.

    I don't know what the algorithm is for starting killers and survivors apart, or if there's some kind of minimum distance that's set between them, but lately I've had an inordinate amount of killers catching up to myself and / or the other survivors before we can even get to the first generator. That seems a bit much.

    EDIT: I misread your post and didn't catch that you were tunneled not immediately but rather after being unhooked. My issue is a little different, I apologize.

    But I actually was tunneled immediately after being unhooked, like I am off the hook he runs after me, we chase for 5 sec and then I die, because there's nothing to throw/loop. Sorry for not being clear in main post.

  • @Zixology said:

    I couldn't possibly agree more. But hey "sUrViVoRs oP" am I right?

    Yeah, I get the fact that this is asymmetrical game and can't really be balanced and some other ######### that survivors this killer that, or I can just sacrifice myself for the team, so they gen rush, but it's not the point

  • @rosyvous said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2138838#Comment_2138838

    But I actually was tunneled immediately after being unhooked. Sorry for not being clear in main post.

    So dont play solo Q with players that has no BT Tunneling isn't toxic its just a unfun tactic for other side like bodyblocking .If killer has a opportunity to tunnel he almost always will do that same with the survivors if they have the opportunity to flashlight save they will do that.

  • @rosyvous said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2138842#Comment_2138842

    I don't know what happened to my reply, but there we go again. I didn't say that there are no super fair killers to play with but isn't it depressing, when you are being unhooked and there's nothing to help yourself? You just wait in queue for 15 minutes to play like 5 minutes of unfun match. I just had a thought there should be something to make this kind of behaviour less attractive.


    Its frustrating for sure but you know what’s frustrating for killers not being able to catch you or you playing very stealthy. Learn how to do well in chases, yes I agree that it’s tedious when you get campers or tunnelers but for the most part I can say most of my games have been good / fun.

  • @Polishnope said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2138854#Comment_2138854

    So dont play solo Q with players that has no BT Tunneling isn't toxic its just a unfun tactic for other side like bodyblocking .

    I was playing with my friend, and we get to the point where I said you can't run fun builds, because this. And no, I can't predict which killer will tunnel me and which not. Body blocking as I can tell is counted as protective hit after all.

  • @rosyvous said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2138838#Comment_2138838

    But I actually was tunneled immediately after being unhooked. Sorry for not being clear in main post.

    No, you were. I was the one who misread it.

    Firstly, the person who responded above is correct, there IS too much complaining about this game. I think that your concerns are valid and I'm not including you in this appraisal, but just to let you know, since your post count suggests that you're new to the forum, be prepared that there is a LOT of argument about just about everything in this game, lol.

    My own experiences have been thankfully mixed. I've had some great, skilled, merciful killers who respected my play enough to let me survive at the end. I've also met devious killers who toy with me and allow me to think I'm going to win, going to the point of even opening the doors for me, only to then grab and hook me. Players, like people in real life, are a mixed bag. While I don't usually play as a killer I have also seen that the complaints of killer mains - that many survivors are toxic, love to taunt and teabag, etc., are completely valid. I haven't had one killer taunt me through chat after the game, but I HAVE had it done several times by survivors. Anecdotal, but it is what it is.

    As for tunneling, no survivor likes it. Much of this game revolves around the looping mini-game, which I hate. I don't like looping because I have no interest in looping. I don't find it fun. I do it because I have to, and still need to get better at it, even though I don't want to. I wish that so much of the game didn't depend on this. But if there IS nothing to loop around, or in my case you're only just starting the game and a killer has already immediately honed in on you, yeah, it really sucks. What are you actually expected to do, other than magically be "better" or somehow have late-level perks with low-level characters?

  • @Polishnope said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2138854#Comment_2138854

    So dont play solo Q with players that has no BT Tunneling isn't toxic its just a unfun tactic for other side like bodyblocking .

    I think you're swapping "tunneling" with chasing. Every killer can, and should, make it a priority to grab a survivor if they see one. Tunneling is a little different as it implies that the killer is only going after one specific survivor, even at the dismissal of other survivors. I've had that happen to me. I've been on a gen with two or three other people yet the killer goes for me, and only for me, despite the fact that they'd already chased me earlier. There are multiple other targets right there, but they have chosen to isolate me as if I'm their obsession and they'll get more points for it. THAT is frustrating.

    As for not playing solo queues, some people don't have a choice. I don't, only two of my friends are interested in this game and they don't play it anywhere near as often as I do. I have no choice but to play with randoms.

  • @rosyvous said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2138864#Comment_2138864

    I was playing with my friend, and we get to the point where I said you can't run fun builds, because this. And no, I can't predict which killer will tunnel me and which not. Body blocking as I can tell is counted as protective hit after all.

    "and we get to the point where I said you can't run fun builds"-And this is true i 100% agrees with it if you dont use meta perks you will probably lose against good killer if you want to have fun in this game the other side also needs to wanna have fun.

    "Body blocking as I can tell is counted as protective hit after all"-Even tho bodyblocking is still annoying tactic for other side.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2138864#Comment_2138864

    I think you're swapping "tunneling" with chasing. Every killer can, and should, make it a priority to grab a survivor if they see one. Tunneling is a little different as it implies that the killer is only going after one specific survivor, even at the dismissal of other survivors. I've had that happen to me. I've been on a gen with two or three other people yet the killer goes for me, and only for me, despite the fact that they'd already chased me earlier. There are multiple other targets right there, but they have chosen to isolate me as if I'm their obsession and they'll get more points for it. THAT is frustrating.

    As for not playing solo queues, some people don't have a choice. I don't, only two of my friends are interested in this game and they don't play it anywhere near as often as I do. I have no choice but to play with randoms.

    There's a few definiton of tunneling the one that you are here using is chasing down one specific survivor the one that i am using here is chasing the survivor that has been recently unhooked .

    That does not mean your definition is bad or something .

    About that SWF i know a lot of people does not have ability to play with friends but if you are playing solo's you need to understand that not every survivor is going to be like top tier survivor player

  • @Polishnope said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2138879#Comment_2138879

    There's a few definiton of tunneling the one that you are here using is chasing down one specific survivor the one that i am using here is chasing the survivor that has been recently unhooked .

    That does not mean your definition is bad or something .

    About that SWF i know a lot of people does not have ability to play with friends but if you are playing solo's you need to understand that not every survivor is going to be like top tier survivor player

    I see. I've only seen "tunneling" described as obsessively going after one survivor and one survivor only, to the point that if they do it to you in more than once match they can supposedly be banned for it. That's the only definition I've seen but I agree that it may not be the only definition that people have for it.

    If "tunneling" can also mean "immediately going back for the person that was hooked" then man, I get tunneled way more than I thought I did. :P

  • @Killerdonut80 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2138850#Comment_2138850

    Its frustrating for sure but you know what’s frustrating for killers not being able to catch you or you playing very stealthy. Learn how to do well in chases, yes I agree that it’s tedious when you get campers or tunnelers but for the most part I can say most of my games have been good / fun.

    What learning how to in chase has to do with me being tunneled right off the hook with nothing to help myself on a dead zone map which is Rotten Fields. I get your point about surivors being stealthy for example Claudettes that hides in the bush, but you tell me to learn to chase while saying that killers have hard time chasing survivors. Learn how to chase as killer then. I also can't say that all my games look like that and I have 1k hours so I can tell that most of my matches were fun, but for real there is nothing that stops you (the killer) from doing that besides small portion of points.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2138885#Comment_2138885

    I see. I've only seen "tunneling" described as obsessively going after one survivor and one survivor only, to the point that if they do it to you in more than once match they can supposedly be banned for it. That's the only definition I've seen but I agree that it may not be the only definition that people have for it.

    If "tunneling" can also mean "immediately going back for the person that was hooked" then man, I get tunneled way more than I thought I did. :P

    I am half of the time being called toxic for downing the survivor that was healing under the hook

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2138854#Comment_2138854

    No, you were. I was the one who misread it.

    Firstly, the person who responded above is correct, there IS too much complaining about this game. I think that your concerns are valid and I'm not including you in this appraisal, but just to let you know, since your post count suggests that you're new to the forum, be prepared that there is a LOT of argument about just about everything in this game, lol.

    My own experiences have been thankfully mixed. I've had some great, skilled, merciful killers who respected my play enough to let me survive at the end. I've also met devious killers who toy with me and allow me to think I'm going to win, going to the point of even opening the doors for me, only to then grab and hook me. Players, like people in real life, are a mixed bag. While I don't usually play as a killer I have also seen that the complaints of killer mains - that many survivors are toxic, love to taunt and teabag, etc., are completely valid. I haven't had one killer taunt me through chat after the game, but I HAVE had it done several times by survivors. Anecdotal, but it is what it is.

    As for tunneling, no survivor likes it. Much of this game revolves around the looping mini-game, which I hate. I don't like looping because I have no interest in looping. I don't find it fun. I do it because I have to, and still need to get better at it, even though I don't want to. I wish that so much of the game didn't depend on this. But if there IS nothing to loop around, or in my case you're only just starting the game and a killer has already immediately honed in on you, yeah, it really sucks. What are you actually expected to do, other than magically be "better" or somehow have late-level perks with low-level characters?

    First of all, thanks for the cultural discussion.

    Second is that I understand you. I know that you can stumble upon super cool guys, or total douchebags, and I'm fine with that, because people are like this. I don't care about "winning" by escaping, for me more valuable is what impact I had on the match and if it was fun and competitive for both of the sides, like chases, mind games and so on and so on. You can say "Hey, playing killer is also hard, when you get gen rushed" and I get it, it's also unfun, and for me it has no value like you come to the match to hold M1 for a while and then escape, wow you so good at holding button GG.

    All I care about is that this game is quite unfair, and even tho I don't care about ranking system and et cetera, I want to say that you don't have any impact on the game when you are just hanging on the hook and going down almost instantly because of RNG at this point.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2138854#Comment_2138854

    No, you were. I was the one who misread it.

    Firstly, the person who responded above is correct, there IS too much complaining about this game. I think that your concerns are valid and I'm not including you in this appraisal, but just to let you know, since your post count suggests that you're new to the forum, be prepared that there is a LOT of argument about just about everything in this game, lol.

    My own experiences have been thankfully mixed. I've had some great, skilled, merciful killers who respected my play enough to let me survive at the end. I've also met devious killers who toy with me and allow me to think I'm going to win, going to the point of even opening the doors for me, only to then grab and hook me. Players, like people in real life, are a mixed bag. While I don't usually play as a killer I have also seen that the complaints of killer mains - that many survivors are toxic, love to taunt and teabag, etc., are completely valid. I haven't had one killer taunt me through chat after the game, but I HAVE had it done several times by survivors. Anecdotal, but it is what it is.

    As for tunneling, no survivor likes it. Much of this game revolves around the looping mini-game, which I hate. I don't like looping because I have no interest in looping. I don't find it fun. I do it because I have to, and still need to get better at it, even though I don't want to. I wish that so much of the game didn't depend on this. But if there IS nothing to loop around, or in my case you're only just starting the game and a killer has already immediately honed in on you, yeah, it really sucks. What are you actually expected to do, other than magically be "better" or somehow have late-level perks with low-level characters?

    Okay, my comment vanished after being edited, so I'll start again.

    First of all, thanks for keeping the discussion cultural, I appreciate it. Second, I get your point. People are different, you can stumble upon cool guys or total douchebags. I have 1k hours in game, and I can say that I had fun most of the times. I am not the type of person who plays to "win" by escaping. For me it's more important what impact I had on the match, if I did good and if the match was fun for both sides and if it was competitive (but in the casual way). But then you have killers like this and you can't really do anything, especially on the map like Rotten Fields. I know that devs won't get rid of tunneling, but they said that this is the game of choice where for example from last stream they said, that killer has choice to either camp or go for another guy, and it's ok. But what's my choice when I'm being tunneled with nothing to help myself, and even god-like skills in looping has nothing to do, because besides 360-ing I have nothing.

  • @rosyvous said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2138875#Comment_2138875

    Okay, my comment vanished after being edited, so I'll start again.

    First of all, thanks for keeping the discussion cultural, I appreciate it. Second, I get your point. People are different, you can stumble upon cool guys or total douchebags. I have 1k hours in game, and I can say that I had fun most of the times. I am not the type of person who plays to "win" by escaping. For me it's more important what impact I had on the match, if I did good and if the match was fun for both sides and if it was competitive (but in the casual way). But then you have killers like this and you can't really do anything, especially on the map like Rotten Fields. I know that devs won't get rid of tunneling, but they said that this is the game of choice where for example from last stream they said, that killer has choice to either camp or go for another guy, and it's ok. But what's my choice when I'm being tunneled with nothing to help myself, and even god-like skills in looping has nothing to do, because besides 360-ing I have nothing.

    I see what you're saying. What counter is there to being chased by someone in an open area? Objectively speaking I suppose you'd have to equip yourself with a strong evasion perk or two, and try to get better at juking / misdirection. I know that's hard though, and I try not to be the person who says "get better" because that's honestly not really advice. A survivor shouldn't HAVE to rely on specific perks in order to get away in an open field. That scenario shouldn't automatically be a death sentence.

    And I'm like you. I don't play to win, I don't care if I win. I'll take it if I can get it of course, but as long as I have a match that feels fair, lasts a decent amount of time (at least 7 or 8 minutes), and ends with me getting at least 10-15,000 points, then I'm satisfied. I don't play to beat everyone else, I play to enjoy myself. And as long as I'm doing so, and making some progress along the way, then I'm happy. Fortunately this describes the majority of my games.

  • @Polishnope said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2138890#Comment_2138890

    I am half of the time being called toxic for downing the survivor that was healing under the hook

    I myself don't see that as toxic. It sucks to be hit right after you're unhooked, yes, but that's why players should only unhook teammates when it's clear. And a survivor who's healing right under the hook is basically asking for it, they're being bait as literally as they possibly can.