Why no more blood hunts?

Title. In 2017 when I was playing the most they were very frequent and heck, we even got a 3x bp event back when the bps was new. I had a match with 5 bps and with the event, those were about 150k bp I got in a single match. Nowdays that doesn't mean much, but back then there were no archives and dailies gave you around 10k bp and also no bbq and also a grindier bloodweb system. 20k was a pretty huge amount in a game.

But now, looking at the wiki, I saw the last blood hunt was in 2019.

So, I wonder, considering everyone complains about the grind, why are they so reticent about blood hunts, when they have bbq in the game which pretty much makes all killer matches a blood hunt? Last time we got a blood rush, only 1.5x not 2x bp.

My suggestion would be that for the 5th anniversary they add a day (14 June would be the most fitting) with 5x bp, and the rest 5 days are 2x bp.

I still can't forget how I got from level 30 Meg to p1 level 25 Meg in a day. And once more I remind you that in 2017 this was HUGE.

Comments

  • The last one wasn't in 2019 but it has been a long time since they've had one!

  • @jakesotto said:

    The last one wasn't in 2019 but it has been a long time since they've had one!

    The last 2x one was in 2019 during the withering blight.

  • Make first week end of every month a 2x blood hunt. Would help with grind and would help with survivor queue times

  • No way to know for sure because I don't think the devs have confirmed, but I believe it's because they view the grind of the game as what keeps people coming back.

    Whatever the actual reason is, it's clear they don't see much of a benefit in doing double BP events, otherwise they would do them more often.

  • Well, Blood Rushes aren't that rare, and the next anniversary event might have a Blood Hunt, if we get lucky. However, if you want a Blood Feast like the one that happened back in 2017... then I am sorry for you, because we probably won't see it again.

  • @GeneralV said:

    Well, Blood Rushes aren't that rare, and the next anniversary event might have a Blood Hunt, if we get lucky. However, if you want a Blood Feast like the one that happened back in 2017... then I am sorry for you, because we probably won't see it again.

    Blood rushes arent rare indeed, but I am talking about hunts. Those were the cool and fun thing, but last one was in 2019 during Halloween. Very sad...

  • Another one will come along soon, but I agree with how much of a grind this game is now they should be more often. Maybe every other month for a weekend.

  • It reminds me of League of Legends actually. If you don't know, there's a popular game mode called URF (Ultra Rapid Fire) that comes around once in a blue moon. But the LoL developers released a statement saying they got a big increase in player count when URF was around (usually only for a few days or so), then when the game mode went away, they saw a big decrease in player count for an extended period because people had burned themselves out by playing the event.

    To sum it up, the devs probably want a steady level of players, and events like Blood Hunts cause people to grind like crazy for a short period, then stop playing for awhile. Plus, once you've earned enough BP, there's nothing left to grind for, which gives less incentive for long-time players to play.

  • Bloodpoints are so valuable they can only afford to give 10k a day for christmas.