Why new characters and perks but not new items?

I think this is a missed opportunity and no one ever mentions it. Why not make new offerings and items?

Some examples could include:

A single-use sprint burst syringe

A slingshot that has a pebble limit

A hammer that can build 1 pallet


These are rough examples but you get the idea. Something new but can easily borrow from the existing formula.


I would love to hear a killer version of this too

Comments

  • @Spill said:

    I think this is a missed opportunity and no one ever mentions it. Why not make new offerings and items?

    Some examples could include:

    A single-use sprint burst syringe

    A slingshot that has a pebble limit

    A hammer that can build 1 pallet

    These are rough examples but you get the idea. Something new but can easily borrow from the existing formula.

    I would love to hear a killer version of this too

    The 'Sprint Burst' syringe was actually the Blight Serum event item not too long ago.

    Mostly though -- the item grind is far too much as it is now; making bloodwebs ENTIRELY too grindy. We need items trimmed/pruned not more added to the RNG taking up slots. Otherwise - sure add more items, and cut all Bloodweb costs in half.

  • @ILikeBonez said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/245241/why-new-characters-and-perks-but-not-new-items

    The 'Sprint Burst' syringe was actually the Blight Serum event item not too long ago.

    Mostly though -- the item grind is far too much as it is now; making bloodwebs ENTIRELY too grindy. We need items trimmed/pruned not more added to the RNG taking up slots. Otherwise - sure add more items, and cut all Bloodweb costs in half.

    It's funny you mention that because I just posted elsewhere that they should raise the max earnable points per match to 10K each category for a maximum of 40K a trial.

    But despite the grind I would like to continue the ideas if anyone has any.

  • Balancing difficulty is another reason. Remember, each survivor can carry one item. If it's too powerful on its own, it can be abused