Nerfed the wrong Freddy ability

I don't think they needed to nerf Freddy's anti-loop power. That's never been the reason he has such a high kill rate. Plus there was a natural counter to it already in-game. Just wake up.

The problem is his ability to teleport on the survivors objective and the overwhelming synergy that has with gen defense perks.

I think for starters, he should not be able to fake-out a teleport. He should select the gen and then commit to that teleport. This would make picking your gen much more strategic. The cooldown also needs to be longer.

Yes the add-ons were also a problem but I think the devs need to re-evaluate how strong teleporting to the survivors direct objective really is. Not even Demo teleports with such frequency. AND DEMO doesn't even have anti-loop! Freddy has BOTH.

And Demos have to manually place and commit to their teleports. Plus they can be cleansed.

It's honestly the biggest insult to them than survivors.

Comments

  • I'm fairly certain the reason why Demo's portals are so restrictive compared to Freddy's teleport is because Demo's teleport cooldown takes significantly less time to recharge than Freddy's.

    I can't recall the specifics, but wasn't Freddy nerfed because it was to easy to spam his puddles? All I can remember was Almo saying that Freddy is OP because his kill rate is to high and then not elaborating on it.

  • I think lower rank players have trouble with the snares bc they don't understand the benefit to waking up.

    As a rank 1, I know to always seek out an alarm clock. I also know to step on his traps when he's not around to get rid of them before I wake up.


    But as a rank 1 survivor I have nothing to counter his gen teleport. And it only gets more difficult when there's 1 gen left. Now imagine that but some of your team is dead.


    While I do think the match will be more feasible without the add-ons and the anti-loop limit, I think they are still going to see a very high kill rate.

  • I partially agree. The teleport is indeed his strongest power, with the ability to fake it with basically no cost, but the snare spam was a problem that needed fixing.