Lucky Break change idea

I think a lot of people agree that PTB’s Lucky Break could be too strong and shouldn’t make it to live. Here’s my rework idea for it:

Increase the timer back to 120/150/180 seconds and make it where blood pools are still hidden and scratch marks appear on a 2-second longer delay than normal while injured.

I think survivors will still be able to misdirect the killer with this perk but it won’t be as oppressive as it is currently on the PTB.

Comments

  • I’m bumping this thread because I’d like to hear others’ thoughts on this idea.

  • @GannTM said:

    I’m bumping this thread because I’d like to hear others’ thoughts on this idea.

    don't bump threads, and nah I still prefer my idea

    while lucky break is active your grunts of pain are 50% louder

  • I'm fine with what they're showing. It'd be a perk where some are affected others aren't.

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2141184#Comment_2141184

    don't bump threads, and nah I still prefer my idea

    while lucky break is active your grunts of pain are 50% louder

    I’ve thought about that as well

  • I honestly think iron will is the problem here. Iron will has needed a nerf since forever imo and bows the perfect time to do it

  • I had different idea. I think they should revert it back but with a twist

    Lucky Break

    You've had your share of scrapes and bruises, but luck's always on your side.

    Lucky break is active whenever you are injured.

    While Lucky Break is active you leave no pools of blood for 180/210/240 seconds. Lucky Break is deactivated once the timer has elapsed.

    You're immune to the mangled status effect.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    I honestly think iron will is the problem here. Iron will has needed a nerf since forever imo and bows the perfect time to do it

    I agree with that but either way no blood pools and no scratch marks for 90 seconds could still be very strong.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    I had different idea. I think they should revert it back but with a twist

    Lucky Break

    You've had your share of scrapes and bruises, but luck's always on your side.

    Lucky break is active whenever you are injured.

    While Lucky Break is active you leave no pools of blood for 180/210/240 seconds. Lucky Break is deactivated once the timer has elapsed.

    You're immune to the mangled status effect.

    So it would be the Sloppy Butcher counter. Nice.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2141207#Comment_2141207

    I agree with that but either way no blood pools and no scratch marks for 90 seconds could still be very strong.

    True it would be strong but using grunts of pain you could probably track them so long as you’re good at tracking

    Or sounds aren’t bugged :(

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    I had different idea. I think they should revert it back but with a twist

    Lucky Break

    You've had your share of scrapes and bruises, but luck's always on your side.

    Lucky break is active whenever you are injured.

    While Lucky Break is active you leave no pools of blood for 180/210/240 seconds. Lucky Break is deactivated once the timer has elapsed.

    You're immune to the mangled status effect.

    That’s actually kinda interesting but vigil has a similar albeit much worse effect

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2141209#Comment_2141209

    True it would be strong but using grunts of pain you could probably track them so long as you’re good at tracking

    Or sounds aren’t bugged :(

    What I think should be done with Iron Will is that it should only keep you silent 10/15/20 seconds after a hit. It will reset once you heal. It should also not be negated by Stridor.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2141208#Comment_2141208

    That’s actually kinda interesting but vigil has a similar albeit much worse effect

    I was thinking about if it would be better to make it immune to any healing debuffs instead of being immune to the mangled status.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2141215#Comment_2141215

    What I think should be done with Iron Will is that it should only keep you silent 10/15/20 seconds after a hit. It will reset once you heal. It should also not be negated by Stridor.

    Something like that sounds good to me. A perk with such a universal passive effect with no cooldown or prerequisite is just dumb to me

    But it hasn’t been touched in 5 years so it’s unlikely

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2141215#Comment_2141215

    What I think should be done with Iron Will is that it should only keep you silent 10/15/20 seconds after a hit. It will reset once you heal. It should also not be negated by Stridor.

    I would not be opposed to a change like that. It's way better then making it permanently deactivated after a certain time.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2141219#Comment_2141219

    I would not be opposed to a change like that. It's way better then making it permanently deactivated after a certain time.

    Just think about it this way though. If Iron Will had this downside then survivors have to spend time healing to get value out of it again. If they don’t heal and instead spend time on gens, they’re not getting value from the perk if the killer somehow finds them again. It kind of gives survivors a choice rather than just slapping it on and getting the passive effect the whole game.

  • When tunnelling is so rife in so many games now lucky break might actually be a much better anti-tunnel perk than DS ever was. I would have been happy if it was only activated off hook as opposed to when injured to make it a bit fairer on the killers too

  • @realflashboss said:

    When tunnelling is so rife in so many games now lucky break might actually be a much better anti-tunnel perk than DS ever was. I would have been happy if it was only activated off hook as opposed to when injured to make it a bit fairer on the killers too

    This would just give everyone another reason not to run Off The Record