How to deal with people who are just hiding and not doing generators?

We have been here for an hour and they still won't do generators. I tried finding them but they just wont play the game. What should I do? I don't have whispers or any tracking perks. The 2 players won't let me progress the game. (PS. Im still the game while I am typing this discussion)

11_LI.jpg


Comments

  • Check every single locker possible, start with the basement.


    Place your dream snares on all the clocks so they can't wake up without help from one another. Check the edges of the map they could be hiding in the corners.

    Pay extra attention to flying crows.

  • Best thing to do is always record your games. So if something reportable happen you have a video proof. If nothing happen just go to your folder and delete the video file and move on to next game.

    If it's truly over 20 min of not touching any gens and just hiding, next time sent the video to the support via a ticket AND don't forget to also report them INGAME via the Report button on the scoreboard.

    https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

  • I just finished the game. I didnt record the whole game sadly. But I was able to record a part of it. But it was somehow evident that they are not doing the generators at all. Thank you for your responses tho. Sadly I wasn't able to report them because my potato pc crashed. It can't handle the game plus the recording.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    Yo Killers & Survivors.

    Have you ever played killer and had to face super stealth survivors, and the game comes to a complete stall?

    Have you ever played Survivor and wondered how on earth the killer just found you?

    I’m going to cover some things regarding the Entity’s Crows from the killer perspective, then lightly touch base from the survivor perspective.

    Killers, ignoring the possibility some survivors run Calm Spirit, here are things you should try to learn to pay attention to:

    • If you are out of a chase, try to keep constantly scanning the horizon (on maps that allow you to do this), not just your immediate surroundings. You can sometimes notice when a crow or two scatter from being disturbed.
    • Likewise, if on the horizon or the area you are currently travelling through you notice Crows returning to their perches, this is a clue that survivors have recently been through that area (if you know you haven’t been through recently, disturbing them yourself).
    • Although the volume/amount of crows vary from map to map, as a general rule of thumb, if you are travelling through an area where you can hear yourself disturbing a lot of crows, it’s unlikely any survivors have recently been in/through that area, so you shouldn’t waste your time searching around there.
    • Try to distinguish the different sounds Crows make. The caw they make when disturbed from their perches is very distinguishable from the chirping the idle crows make when survivors have been inactive for too long.

    Some cons to be aware of though:

    • there seems to be inconsistency on the distance a killer needs to be from a perched crow before the killer disturbs one, especially on indoor, multi-storey maps. Sometimes I won’t disturb any crows until I’m literally right on top of them, and sometimes on indoor maps I’ve been fooled by a disturbed crow a full tile over, search, and realise it was ME that disturbed that crow.
    • Sometimes crows idle on their regular perches will make the same chirping that they could make when a survivor is idle/afk somewhere, again fooling the killer into wasting time searching for an idle survivor that isn’t even there.

    Killers, if you work on these tracking skills, if makes it much more difficult for survivors to hide from you for very long periods of time.

    Survivors, you can also use the above information to improve your stealth.

    • Although it isn’t reasonable to try and avoid disturbing any crows, you should definitely note where they are, and if possible to avoid disturbing them, do so. Because if you against a killer adept at the above skills, you are quickly going to get found and go down.
    • If you must hide near a crow, stay/move while crouched. Unless you physically touch the crow, staying crouched will not disturb them.
    • Even when running Calm Spirit, physically touching a crow will still disturb them. Take note of this.
    • It can save your life against a stealth killer (except Wraith) or while a killer is using Undetectable being aware of sudden crow disturbances. It can tell you which direction the killer is coming from.

    Hope i’ve been able to provide something helpful to some of you to help you improve in your matches.

    Here are my tips on how to get better at hunting/tracking by takin advantage of the crows.

  • Please censor the names in your post and screenshot.

    it’s against forum rules to name&shame here.

  • Prey to RNG jesus that you dont get bad survivors

  • @Axe said:

    Check every single locker possible, start with the basement.

    Place your dream snares on all the clocks so they can't wake up without help from one another. Check the edges of the map they could be hiding in the corners.

    Pay extra attention to flying crows.

    The OP is playing Hag, not Freddy.

    Should be easy to find them on Hag. Place 1-2 traps around the basement, and then just place random traps around the edge of the map. One of them will eventually step in one of them.

  • Man I remembered you last night had to jakes pull this on me and found one of there camping asses well the crow did but thanks man just another tool in my shed.

  • @rein_to said:

    I just finished the game. I didnt record the whole game sadly. But I was able to record a part of it. But it was somehow evident that they are not doing the generators at all. Thank you for your responses tho. Sadly I wasn't able to report them because my potato pc crashed. It can't handle the game plus the recording.

    hope you at least got your 4k. It's a shame when survivors take the game hostage instead of doing their objective.

  • Pretty sure this is what's mean when people say 'taking the game hostage' which is a reportable offence.


    No idea why people do this - they surely are not having much of a fun game themselves, though I guess the mentality of the type of person who does this probably means they are considering it 'fun'.


    If that happened to me I would be tempted to just leave them to it and go off and do something else for half an hour until they eventually quit. Waste their time the way they are trying to waste yours.

  • play doctor with iron maden its impossible to hide then

  • @NVerde said:

    Pretty sure this is what's mean when people say 'taking the game hostage' which is a reportable offence.

    No idea why people do this - they surely are not having much of a fun game themselves, though I guess the mentality of the type of person who does this probably means they are considering it 'fun'.

    If that happened to me I would be tempted to just leave them to it and go off and do something else for half an hour until they eventually quit. Waste their time the way they are trying to waste yours.

    Its not a "taking the game hostage" situation cause the game could end if the killer finds the survivors. This whole hiding thing is pretty annoying but not banable.

    Taking the game hostage would be like a killer trapping the last survivors in a dead end so without him moving or the survs disconnecting the game would go on forever.

  • Oh OK I see what you mean - but it's still really poor behaviour. You are deliberately ignoring the primary objective of the game with the sole purpose of what, making it go on for much longer than it needs to? I think that's more than just annoying.

  • @Dexn3ko0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2133081#Comment_2133081

    Its not a "taking the game hostage" situation cause the game could end if the killer finds the survivors. This whole hiding thing is pretty annoying but not banable.

    Taking the game hostage would be like a killer trapping the last survivors in a dead end so without him moving or the survs disconnecting the game would go on forever.

    @NVerde said:

    Oh OK I see what you mean - but it's still really poor behaviour. You are deliberately ignoring the primary objective of the game with the sole purpose of what, making it go on for much longer than it needs to? I think that's more than just annoying.

    If both survivors refuse to progress the game (gens) it actually is a case of taking the game hostage.

    but I don’t think it is well defined and will be determined for every case individually. And of course proper report and proof in form of video footage is necessary which I assume doesn’t actually happen in over 90 % of those cases because this report system isn’t very user friendly..

  • @NVerde said:

    Oh OK I see what you mean - but it's still really poor behaviour. You are deliberately ignoring the primary objective of the game with the sole purpose of what, making it go on for much longer than it needs to? I think that's more than just annoying.

    it is very poor behaviour just wasting someones time because they cant accept defeat.

    But if i remember correctly "refusing to participate in normal gameplay" is indeed a banable offense and would be more accurate in this scenario i think.

  • I don't think some of you guys are getting the point here. Today I just played another game where the whole squad decided to not do generators and just hide the whole game. They didn't even bother touching the generators. This is a problem that needs to be fixed before every troll tries to abuse it. I have proof of the game where they just hid and didn't do generators. I finished the game with no generators done. I killed everybody but its very unsatisfying.