Power Uniqueness in DBD

Fun post time! This post is completely opinionated at some points as a heads up warning since I think I make ties that some people might not have thought of.

Power uniqueness, oh boy. Here's a topic I never thought I'd talk about on the forums. Obviously, every power in some way shape or form is unique. Even among the ones with very similar powers such as Bubba and Billy. Although, it got me wondering. Who has the most unique power in dbd? Is there somewhat of a tie? So I got to thinking and this is what I came up with. There are 6 groups I've come up with for killers with similar powers.

The Trapping Killers: Trapper and Hag

Fast Moving Invisible Killers: Wraith and Spirit

Chainsaw: Hillbilly and Cannibal

Stalking: Shape and Ghost Face

Damaging Projectiles: Huntress, Plague, Deathslinger, and Trickster

Fast Moving Killers that need fully charged power: Legion, Oni, and Blight

Those 6 groups take out a massive amount of the killers that don't have unique powers. Before you say it, HECK YES I DARED TO COMPARE SPIRIT TO WRAITH. Anyways, that only leaves 8 of the 23 existing killers left to choose from for uniqueness. Nurse, Doctor, Nightmare, Pig, Clown, Demogorgon, Executioner, and Twins. Now I want to go over killers where their powers are unique, however their powers do have similar-ish concepts looking from the outside in.

Anti-looping Killers: Doctor and Clown

Teleporting Killers with some other second ability: Nightmare and Demogorgon

Base Power Execution Killers: Pig and Executioner

And once again, yes I did compare some amazing killers with some of the more balanced/weaker killers.

That only leaves two killers left. Nurse and Twins. Personally, I couldn't find a way to put them in a category with any of the other killers. Sure, Nurse can teleport but it's whenever she wants as long as she has at least one token. Twins... are their own separate animal. So, from my reasoning, I'd say the most unique killers in the game are Nurse and Twins.

Who do you guys think is the most unique killer in the game? Is there a tie for you?

Comments