Thoughts on locker flashlight saves

Some lockers its a guaranteed blind and there is nothing the killer can do except just not taking the person out of the locker. Just wondering the forums thoughts and if they think it should be removed or not.

Comments

  • Dealing with the flashlight holder by pressuring them away?

  • Lightborn, Franklin's or Starstruck

  • It's 1 of only 3 situations where you can realistically get a blind. And is only really useful to coordinated SWF's.

    I don't really have an issues with it being in the game tbh.

    As the other poster said, injure the other survivor to push them away.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Dealing with the flashlight holder by pressuring them away?

    Yep thats the general strat but from my personal experience it is generally a duo or more and if you chase one they hop into the locker and when you chase the other one the first one hops out and the other one hops in. I dont think its that critical of an issue just it can be pretty annoying to go against. I couldnt care less about it but recently I have seen some survivor streamers acting like they were amazing because they ogt an unavoidable blind.

  • @KayTwoAyy said:

    Lightborn, Franklin's or Starstruck

    TBH it is not that big of an issue and hardly ever happens I have just seen some survivor streamers bragging about pulling them off when the killer has no option but ignore the person in the locker.

  • @Friendly_Blendette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2128955#Comment_2128955

    Yep thats the general strat but from my personal experience it is generally a duo or more and if you chase one they hop into the locker and when you chase the other one the first one hops out and the other one hops in. I dont think its that critical of an issue just it can be pretty annoying to go against. I couldnt care less about it but recently I have seen some survivor streamers acting like they were amazing because they ogt an unavoidable blind.

    Was that on Sweh's stream by any chance?

  • @BSVben said:

    It's 1 of only 3 situations where you can realistically get a blind. And is only really useful to coordinated SWF's.

    I don't really have an issues with it being in the game tbh.

    As the other poster said, injure the other survivor to push them away.

    Me neither I don't have much of an issue with it and they are super rare but I just think they are just something that doesn't belong in DBD.

  • I think it might of been cru5h and like I love his content normally and like no hate to him he seems like a nice dude but recently I have noticed like 3 times a game him and his duo will do it. I honeslty just think an unabvoidable flashlight save is not worth reacting to and I would rather just see more loops lol.

  • @Friendly_Blendette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2128958#Comment_2128958

    TBH it is not that big of an issue and hardly ever happens I have just seen some survivor streamers bragging about pulling them off when the killer has no option but ignore the person in the locker.

    Yeah I've seen plenty of clips showcasing how easy it is to pull off.

    I have nearly 2k hrs in the game now, and I've never seen people go out of their way to coordinate locker saves. I've hit a few myself, but never went into a lobby looking to bully a killer with it.

    My best advice is to ignore both of those survivors and go find the two dedicated gen jockeys. The locker duo will likely shadow you looking for flashy plays, so you can expect that very little progress will be made on objective if you don't commit to chase against the players that clearly want your attention.

  • @KayTwoAyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2128968#Comment_2128968

    Yeah I've seen plenty of clips showcasing how easy it is to pull off.

    I have nearly 2k hrs in the game now, and I've never seen people go out of their way to coordinate locker saves. I've hit a few myself, but never went into a lobby looking to bully a killer with it.

    My best advice is to ignore both of those survivors and go find the two dedicated gen jockeys. The locker duo will likely shadow you looking for flashy plays, so you can expect that very little progress will be made on objective if you don't commit to chase against the players that clearly want your attention.

    Like I have only seen a squad like this once but there is not dedicated locker jocky from what I have seen of it. 4 flashys and 4 prove theyselves so they can always either gen jockey or do locker saves and they stick in 2s so there is always someone to flashy save. Once again its not a major issue but like that just doesnt seem like it fits in DBD. That game I did not get a single hook until their flashlights started to run out and with purple and double battery or like battery and amp that is a loooong time and a lot of flashy saves.

  • @Friendly_Blendette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2128970#Comment_2128970

    I think it might of been cru5h and like I love his content normally and like no hate to him he seems like a nice dude but recently I have noticed like 3 times a game him and his duo will do it. I honeslty just think an unabvoidable flashlight save is not worth reacting to and I would rather just see more loops lol.

    Yeah, tbf the only real use for those kind of saves is as content for twitch/YouTube.

    Anytime a survivor isn't cranking out a gen is bonus time for the killer.

  • @BSVben said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2128976#Comment_2128976

    Yeah, tbf the only real use for those kind of saves is as content for twitch/YouTube.

    Anytime a survivor isn't cranking out a gen is bonus time for the killer.

    I mean if its nullfying chases while 2 people sit on gets is not really bonus time for the killer

  • @Friendly_Blendette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2129004#Comment_2129004

    I mean if its nullfying chases while 2 people sit on gets is not really bonus time for the killer

    As the poster above said, in that situation you ignore the clickys and go for the others.

    If it is a 4 man squad all going for locker saves, then yeah, that isn't particularly fair. I wouldn't imagine you would come across that very often.

  • @Friendly_Blendette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2128955#Comment_2128955

    Yep thats the general strat but from my personal experience it is generally a duo or more and if you chase one they hop into the locker and when you chase the other one the first one hops out and the other one hops in. I dont think its that critical of an issue just it can be pretty annoying to go against. I couldnt care less about it but recently I have seen some survivor streamers acting like they were amazing because they ogt an unavoidable blind.

    Well think of it like this , you can easily notice if that's they type of locker they hop in because of the wide open side , so leave them in there a second and check the area if you know the team is using that type of strategy to save and you've got two survivors essentially doing nothing and if you pressure the flashlighter you almost force the situations of them having to leave the locker or be dead weight and it creates an opportunity to slug if you can down one fairly quickly

  • @BSVben said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2129005#Comment_2129005

    As the poster above said, in that situation you ignore the clickys and go for the others.

    If it is a 4 man squad all going for locker saves, then yeah, that isn't particularly fair. I wouldn't imagine you would come across that very often.

    You dont but yeah I guess regardless of what the 4 man squad is doing its generally unfair lol.

  • Happens too rarely and gives too little of an advantage to be actually woth worrying about. Also if it's not a double locker tech, it's counterable by just going after the fl guy.

  • @The_Krapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2128965#Comment_2128965

    Well think of it like this , you can easily notice if that's they type of locker they hop in because of the wide open side , so leave them in there a second and check the area if you know the team is using that type of strategy to save and you've got two survivors essentially doing nothing and if you pressure the flashlighter you almost force the situations of them having to leave the locker or be dead weight and it creates an opportunity to slug if you can down one fairly quickly

    Once again the only time I have sen this in my own games everyone has a flashlight so if you chase one survivor(A) and they hop in the locker while survivor(B) come to try and save if you then go after B A will hop out of the locker and B will hop in rinse repeat. It is basically just that over and over again instead of them actually trying to loop you they just swap between 1 being in locker and 1 being in chase. Also it doesn't really matter if 2 survivors arent on gens since you more or less have 0 pressure at the time. This isnt a major issue since it is so rare just isnt something that really belongs in DBD imo. Then again 4 mans have so many broken things so ehhh.

  • @TripleSteal said:

    Happens too rarely and gives too little of an advantage to be actually woth worrying about. Also if it's not a double locker tech, it's counterable by just going after the fl guy.

    It does happen rarely but I would say it gives a huge advantage in a coordinated team and I mean whne the 4 survivors are all trying to do this. You bascially cannot get a down at all if they run to certain parts of the map.