The grind
Let's face it. Points are easier to earn than ever. But this means nothing. This means nothing because the amount of stuff you can buy is enormous.
So I want to picture what I think are the main issues with the current system and fixes for them:
1. Perk tiers are extremely outdated. Back in the day, they made huge differences, and they made sense with the very few perks. However, now, most of the perks have either an insignificant change, or a pretty fat change (BBQ as an example is pretty much bad at level 1, there is a 50% less bp difference from tier 3, that is huge). There is also another issue, that being many perks have to bring another useless or stupid mechanic to them in order to have tiers.
There is one simple change: perk tiers go.
2. The RNG: with a such big amount of perks and tiers to them, it can become tedious to find a single perk you want. On blight, first perks I got were BBQ, whispers, ruin and corrupt. On oni, it took me to get over level 50 to get just bbq, while my perks were ones like cruel limits, monstruous shrine etc.
And here I suggest the implementation of a new mechanic. Under the bloodweb, there will be another section called "Bloody Favours". Here you have a list of all the perks you can get. You can press on any perk to buy a favour for it. It costs around 150k bp. What a favour does is that it guarantees the perk to appear in the following bloodwebs. Only one favour can be active at a time. After you get the perk due to a favour, it will deactivate and you have to buy it again if you want the perk on another character.
Comments
Anyway, I would like to see some feedback on the Bloody Favours mechanic from you guys :). I am still very unsure on the value for a favour, so it doesn't become too much or it gives too much for the price.
I totally agree that perk tiers are outdated. The grind just gets worse after each chapter
the favor idea sounds cool but I'd prefer if it was100k instead of 150k.
Oh, my thread only saw a reply and now it is in feedback and suggestions, I guess rip. 0 replies for me.
Seriously, why can't you guys make the threads have tags on them, so I can still post them on general discussions for people to see them, while you have it tagged in feedback for you to see them? It is extremely annoying since feedback and suggestions is like a death sentence to a thread...
I also thought about it being 100k, not really sure. It shouldn't be too much, neither should it be too little.
maybe 125k is a good compromise then, lmao
I'd rather go with prestige making perks permanently available. Like prestiging David gets you his perks on other characters without requiring you to reacquire them first.
What if you only had to buy tier 1, but as you played with a perk you gained XP for it that would upgrade it into higher tiers. Gives you a reason to try new builds for fun and completionist reasons, while reducing the bloodpoint grind massively.