Why I am getting matched with these ranks?

Untitled.png

Unbelievable BHVR. My god. What a amazing experience.

Comments

  • but did you win?

  • @DoritoHead said:

    but did you win?

    1 teammate killed themselves on hook after first down. The other bodyblocked me and I followed. Have no time for bullshit while doing adepts. I can't say that's I win neither for the killer nor survivors.

  • @Mercês said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2127776#Comment_2127776

    1 teammate killed themselves on hook after first down. The other bodyblocked me and I followed. Have no time for bullshit while doing adepts. I can't say that's I win neither for the killer nor survivors.

    that's dumb. Matchmaking really does need a fix.

  • Not really surprised cause its always like this

  • It is my understanding that rank itself is only a loose guideline for who you will become matched with. In my experience, it seems more likely that the highest weighted value is how long someone had to wait. What probably happened is that this game had 4 people waiting, and the matchmaker grabbed the next available player in queue, you. The problem with more strictly defining the matchmaking requirements is that wait times exponentially grow in response.

    There is also a certain amount of apathy for getting to or maintaining high ranks, so a divide is created where people maintain a high rank easily, or decide not to bother to maintain it at all, so it can be difficult to find people of the mid ranks at any time of day, around ranks 9-5 give or take. When I was getting survivor to rank 1 around rank 8 I was either placed with red ranks or yellow ranks with no other mid ranks ever until I was around rank 4-3 and then suddenly I was one of the 3 red ranks with a random mid rank in my game.