Thought killers couldn't block basement stairs anymore?

So I thought this feature was added in awhile ago but I'm noticing quite a few maps where the killer can just stand at the doorway and you're unable to pass or get out (this also happens with some hook locations). While I'm not massively annoyed by it, its still a little lame to do so well in a trial to be dead on first hook as the killer can just block it. Auto heaven rework, possible others

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I've seen this happen with Bubba on a couple maps. It's very frustrating and I'd consider toxic personally since there isn't any actual way to counter it. (I wasn't on hook either) but to have 2 of your teammates wiped out before 1 gen is done is just not fun for anyone involved and should change. Camping I ngeneral I don't love but I can upstanding more than blocking a path. I'd much rather face an insidious Bubba since you at least have some potential of countering it while bodyblocking basement you can't do anything about

  • Yh i dont understand why this is possible. I thought they wanted to completely remove that. Maybe they forgot it and a hotfix will solve it.

  • So many twin players will just block the entry with charlotte and use victor -_-

  • The worst thing about it is that they're not only NOT addressing it in the Coldwind update, but making it even worse on some maps. The basement in Rancid Abattoir has an even smaller doorway, judging by pictures.

  • @CheyeneKL said:

    The worst thing about it is that they're not only NOT addressing it in the Coldwind update, but making it even worse on some maps. The basement in Rancid Abattoir has an even smaller doorway, judging by pictures.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TspJ47SwN9c&t=803s

    (If the video doesn't automatically jump to the timestamp, please do so yourself, at 13:23.)

    Here you can see how little the Killer can move left and right in the doorway.

    I'm not on the PTB myself so i can't say yes or no to this, but it seems very worrying.

  • @Boss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2127440#Comment_2127440

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TspJ47SwN9c&t=803s

    (If the video doesn't automatically jump to the timestamp, please do so yourself, at 13:23.)

    Here you can see how little the Killer can move left and right in the doorway.

    I'm not on the PTB myself so i can't say yes or no to this, but it seems very worrying.

    I also ended up skipping this PTB, but I've seen a lot of people mention the basement doorway on that map. Just such a weird decision to me that they would decide to go in a direction that they seemed to previously be against- I also am having a hard time believing that nobody on the team looked at the final design for the basement entrance and thought, hey, this is Literally The Worst Basement Entrance Ever Designed In This Game LOL

  • The killer hitbox only shrinks while standing on the stairs to the basement. Where the person in the video was standing the hitbox downsize isn't being triggered. They aren't technically in the basement yet

  • Devs fix for this was to widen basement staircases.

    Issue is, they didn't fix all of them. Even with the reworks they fail to fix some spots and have added new places like in Rancid Abattoir.

  • Ah so basically the devs realised it was an issue before but forgot about it when doing reworks etc. Nice