Why the Stridor+Spirit combo needs to get fixed
Dear people of the Fog,
before you start to roast me, thinking I will just rant about how OP Spirit is, hear me out first.
I have almost 4k hrs, with about 1.5k on Killer and I love to play both sides. I always try to be fair when playing and seek balance for the game. Everyone should have fun. Spirit is fine, in general. She is not an easy Killer to go against, but she has counterplay in comparison to what some players might think.
What is the problem?
I think you all know it. You vs a Spirit who uses Stridor or you don't have Iron Will and she just easily downs you after hitting you once because she can hear your cries. Even if you try to mindgame. There is almost no way not to get downed against a decent Spirit with Stridor. (I don't say "good" Spirit, because they don't need Stridor). This can be very frustrating.
What do I propose?
My idea is, to make the Spirit unable to hear your cries while phasing. "Isn't that OP?" you might ask. You are right. Therefore I would make it, that injured Survivors have the standard breathing sounds while the Spirit is phasing. Outside of phasing they still would cry like normal. Stridor Lv2/3 would still make normal breathing louder (which you would hear during phasing), so it would still help, but not as much.
Why this change?
This way, the Spirit is still able to track that survivor as if they were uninjured. It would also give Survivors without Iron Will a better chance against Spirit and Stridor won't mess with that. This change would also require the Killer player to hear closely for the Survivors' sounds. In short: Since Spirit is a strong Killer, you shouldn't be able to just slap a perk onto her and get your kills a lot easier. (The same goes for other Killers btw but that is another story).
Perk Changes:
Iron Will
Reduces injured sounds by 50/75/100%. The Survivor will emit normal breathing sounds instead.
Comments
I treat her like a Bubba, I don't even wanna get hit once.
At least a Bubba can be looped like normal and can't pop out next to you.
I don't like Bubba either, but that is due to him often be a camper.
I don't like the idea of Iron Will overriding Stridor. Grunts of pain are way easier to hear than breathing so it should stay as is.
This is exactly the problem! Stridor is EZ mode on Spirit.
The point is, that you still can hear breathing or see grass move. Steps are a bit broken right now but usually you can hear them as well.
I'm not a good spirit, but I don't use Stridor and I have rarely problems with tracking. Iron will makes it a lot more difficult right now, which I want to change so that Stridor is not necessary anymore but it would still help.
A good killer never should be ez mode. Not Nurse (she isn't), not Spirit etc.