NERF GIDEON MEAT PLANT

holy hell im tired of this map. a new pallet every turn, about 10 of which are ######### god pallets. i ######### hate this map as killer. its bullshit and it isnt fun wasting time to get all the pallets dropped while all the other survivors do gens. i think this map is genuinely unfun as i havent had a singe killer where the match felt fair

Comments

  • This content has been removed.
  • @PabloLovesMC said:

    holy hell im tired of this map. a new pallet every turn, about 10 of which are ######### god pallets. i ######### hate this map as killer. its bullshit and it isnt fun wasting time to get all the pallets dropped while all the other survivors do gens. i think this map is genuinely unfun as i havent had a singe killer where the match felt fair

    I agree with you. There is a lot of pallets on this map. You can't play it as a killer.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Ram0r1an said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/243653/nerf-gideon-meat-plant

    I agree with you. There is a lot of pallets on this map. You can't play it as a killer.

    It has about 30 pallets of which about 20 are safe or unmindgamable and 5 are god pallets.

    @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2118965#Comment_2118965

    So far I have a 100% kill rate on that map since it's update

    With Nurse or on rank 20? Or was it just one match? 100% kill rate says nothing if you don't give more numbers.

    @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    I enjoy the map as killer, I think it's way more killer sided than the old version but you have to use your brain to prove it. There's more than just God pallets on the map and some of the "compensation" for it is just as venomous for the survivors if not (as in my opinion) much more than the pallets are to the killer.

    I bet you play a lot of Nurse, since she's your picture? Than pallets don't matter to you. Yes there are dead ends you can utilize and other stuff, but for most M1 killers this Map is a nightmare.

  • I agree, I will nerf or eliminate some pallets and put more windows.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2119327#Comment_2119327

    my most played killers on this map right now are actually wraith, plague, legion and doctor with spirit, nurse and hag all trailing behind.

    It's an amazing map for M1 killers if you route properly, budget your time wisely and don't screw up anything generic . The pallets are obviously great, but you also have things going for you as killer. No way to break LoS on top floor, You have a lot of bottlenecking, just like in azarov's resting place but instead of it being map wide bottlenecking, you have giga unsafe unhooks with good enough gen spreads on top of them. It's not a map where you win by defending gens so good like on dead dawg or midwich, it's more of a map where you hit critical mass and punish survivors, like in spirit's map family residence but instead of the chases being super easy, it's more like you make it a 3v1 where all of a sudden the pallets are fine.

    You don't have to eat every pallet on the map, and there are a lot of ways you can get "Free hits"

    Gen immediacy on this map is also a pain in the ass for survivors, and navigation is too.

    Because many chokes are closed, you can even herd survivors into each other, and you get your down with the benefit of split pressure, and if you do this right because pallets are so heavily featured over windows it's more usable resources and less reusable resources, so you make the game be in one area , preferably with interactions on the top floor and you make that area where you are strong.

    Giddeon's pallet packing plant is a great killer map for good killers and it's the new Haddonfield for the incompetent ones.

    That may be true, but all the killers you mentioned (except Nurse) profit from a small map like The Game or from half height loops.

    Try this with Clown or Pig for example.


    I know that this map plays different, but in my experience unmindgamable loops are boring and not good for the game. I'd rather have 20 medium sized loops and maybe 2-4 safe pallets, than this.

    With a decent team you can frustrate the killer quite easily on this map because of all the pallets.

  • i might be the only one but i hate this map as survivor, the way TR interacts with it annoys me. ( i have not played this map as killer yet)

  • This content has been removed.
  • This content has been removed.
  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    I enjoy the map as killer, I think it's way more killer sided than the old version but you have to use your brain to prove it. There's more than just God pallets on the map and some of the "compensation" for it is just as venomous for the survivors if not (as in my opinion) much more than the pallets are to the killer.

    Are you streaming? I'd like to watch your gameplay as clown or plague

  • This content has been removed.
  • This content has been removed.
  • "Twitch Streamer who literally gets paid to play the game for thousands of hours says Killer role too easy; flummoxed by failings in others."

    This person is like when OhTofu was complaining that Bloodlust ought to be removed from the game. Gee, is DbD too easy for you guys? Maybe try to picture what it might be like playing the game without a financial reward for mastering every aspect of it? Or, at the very least, spare us the self-aggrandizing humble brags and possibly consider that some game elements aren't especially well designed for the vast majority of players.

  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2120754#Comment_2120754

    Funny you said that, I just played 200 or so plague games up until the wraith buff when I started spamming wraith! She's an interesting example because in my experience she is one of the easiest killers to win consistently with. I'm not live right now but yes, I do typically stream every weekday.

    Oh i see. You're playing with purple and red add-ons exclusively. Same with Plague?

  • This content has been removed.
  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2120809#Comment_2120809

    To be honest you don't need addons or perks to do well as killer with 99.9% of lobbies so don't let that discourage you. Hell, some killers (like nurse) are blatantly stronger without perks or addons than other killers are with all the bells and whistles but still they can all win against very efficient teams. (although it obviously isn't easy )

    maybe show next stream how you're dealing with strong survivors without good add-ons or perk as wraith? That's be interesting to watch

  • This content has been removed.
  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2120832#Comment_2120832

    I'd settle for just getting some strong survivors! There aren't a ton of them buuuut once in a blue moon I get a good lobby!

    that's ok. Maybe you'll get one game in your session

  • This content has been removed.
  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2120711#Comment_2120711

    I'll rephrase it, the killer has bigger pros than the god pallets are a con if you're good enough. I don't think there are many teams that could consistently give me a challenging game on that map no matter what killer I am playing. It's killer sided, you just have to use your brain

    Yes, it depends on the skill. Midwich forms 90% of Survivors in potatoes as well, but IF they know what they are doing (shift+w) it's your worst nightmare.

    Sometimes it just depends on your playstyle which map is more difficult. For me, I hate Red Forest and Lèry's. I hate The Game when I play Freddy, but love it as Myers. Haddonfield is vice versa.

    It's also very dependent on the killer I'm playing.


    Fact is, if you get Survivors who know what they are doing than The Game becomes a nightmare.

    I vsed a Legion recently who stared at me at a dropped safe pallet, because he knew he would never reach me without using Frenzy. And even that I dodged. It really felt unfair.

    And maybe you'd all me stupid but I read in one of your comments that you like to tunnel (pls correct me if I'm wrong!) to get the 3v1 asap.

    This is not how I like to play. I hate early tunneling as Survivor, so I don't do it as killer. Same goes for slugging or camping. I will do it if necessary, but not at the start of the game.

  • This content has been removed.
  • This content has been removed.
  • @LapisInfernalis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2120035#Comment_2120035

    That may be true, but all the killers you mentioned (except Nurse) profit from a small map like The Game or from half height loops.

    Try this with Clown or Pig for example.

    I know that this map plays different, but in my experience unmindgamable loops are boring and not good for the game. I'd rather have 20 medium sized loops and maybe 2-4 safe pallets, than this.

    With a decent team you can frustrate the killer quite easily on this map because of all the pallets.

    I cant find the comment of the person you quoted but my thoughts are you shouldnt have to be a god at mindgaming and zoning to play a map. If thats a requirement for a map then it shouldnt be a map. I shouldnt have to try and mindgame a new survivor to get hits. Its easier to play the map as an average level survivor than play as an average level killer making the map very survivor sided. If we cared about how well the rank 1s do a map when its made then i guess everyone whos playing for fun can go [redacted] themselves.

  • @PabloLovesMC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2120711#Comment_2120711

    I cant find the comment of the person you quoted but my thoughts are you shouldnt have to be a god at mindgaming and zoning to play a map. If thats a requirement for a map then it shouldnt be a map. I shouldnt have to try and mindgame a new survivor to get hits. Its easier to play the map as an average level survivor than play as an average level killer making the map very survivor sided. If we cared about how well the rank 1s do a map when its made then i guess everyone whos playing for fun can go [redacted] themselves.

    True. No map should require God or even above average understanding to be OK with.

  • @Adjatha said:

    "Twitch Streamer who literally gets paid to play the game for thousands of hours says Killer role too easy; flummoxed by failings in others."

    This person is like when OhTofu was complaining that Bloodlust ought to be removed from the game. Gee, is DbD too easy for you guys? Maybe try to picture what it might be like playing the game without a financial reward for mastering every aspect of it? Or, at the very least, spare us the self-aggrandizing humble brags and possibly consider that some game elements aren't especially well designed for the vast majority of players.

    Thank you. I think some big streamers tend to forget that 90% of us don't play this game for a living. Even if I play every day I do it mostly for fun. I still want to get better, but my main priority is that we have fun together.