Need trickster tips

Best killer to derank with right now( when you try you cant snowball even with the buffs). I have more luck getting 2k to 4k wins with padded jaws trapper and no stealth wraith and easier ranged downs with huntress.

Comments

  • Oh yeah I use corrupt ruin sloppy butcher and bbq for my perks

  • Play Huntress.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/243602/need-trickster-tips

    So... Basically this is a thread complaining because you're not happy with how trickster turned out..Instead of asking for actual advice on how you can be better with him. Got it

    Left my perk build...so any tips

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Assuming you're on M&K: If you find someone out of position, don't actually go for the M1. Injure them with knives so you can get in a few as they're running to a tile with their speed boost. This will usually save you more time than M1ing first so long as you can keep resetting the laceration decay. Obviously if they're already at a good tile and you have the opportunity to M1 just go for it.

    I do that but feel I waste too much time injuring them usually a gen pops by the time I can apply pressure

  • @latinfla4 said:

    Oh yeah I use corrupt ruin sloppy butcher and bbq for my perks


    I'd ditch sloppy butcher, unless you are intending to m1 everyone.

    Corrupt Intervention and Ruin are a risky combo, because survivors moving from the corrupted area might stumble upon your totem as they migrate to available gens.

    Personally, I run BBQ, Ruin, Undying and Surveillance. Some people might suggest Pop instead of Undying or Tinkerer over Surveillance.

  • I don't suggest BBQ all that much, I would suggest thrilling tremors or something if you really wanted a perk like that. Unless you just want the bloodpoints. He is too slow and can't down across a map like huntress can either, so you can't really do much with the information it gives you a lot of the time. Thrilling can give you information on even generators right next to you.

    I also don't suggest running corrupt with ruin too often, I mean if people can't do gens they have downtime to do things like break totems, and if they have to all look around the map for a gen that isn't blocked odds are they will find your totem very early in the game.

    You probably won't get a ton of value out of sloppy butcher either honestly, since you have to M1 as a 110 ms killer if you are getting that many M1s the survivors are playing so badly that honestly what perks you have probably doesn't matter too much. Trickster is kinda forced to focus down people anyways, so you don't really get a whole of "spread damage".


    I suggest Melodious Murder, Heart Shoes, Fizz-Spin Soda as addons whenever possible, most of his other addons are virtually useless or should only be used if you have no other option. If you can make it happen, Death Throes is a fairly solid iri addon, but photocard is still just plain terrible.

  • @latinfla4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2118339#Comment_2118339

    I do that but feel I waste too much time injuring them usually a gen pops by the time I can apply pressure

    Thats another thing, you're going to have to selectively give up gens that are far away from each other. Trickster doesn't have the mobility to patrol gens that are long distance from each other. Discordance might also be worth it, so you can aim to bother 2 people at a time.

  • @PanicSquid said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2118297#Comment_2118297

    I'd ditch sloppy butcher, unless you are intending to m1 everyone.

    Corrupt Intervention and Ruin are a risky combo, because survivors moving from the corrupted area might stumble upon your totem as they migrate to available gens.

    Personally, I run BBQ, Ruin, Undying and Surveillance. Some people might suggest Pop instead of Undying or Tinkerer over Surveillance.

    Thanks for the tips...is tinkerer that effective for a 110 killer though

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I don't suggest BBQ all that much, I would suggest thrilling tremors or something if you really wanted a perk like that. Unless you just want the bloodpoints. He is too slow and can't down across a map like huntress can either, so you can't really do much with the information it gives you a lot of the time. Thrilling can give you information on even generators right next to you.

    I also don't suggest running corrupt with ruin too often, I mean if people can't do gens they have downtime to do things like break totems, and if they have to all look around the map for a gen that isn't blocked odds are they will find your totem very early in the game.

    You probably won't get a ton of value out of sloppy butcher either honestly, since you have to M1 as a 110 ms killer if you are getting that many M1s the survivors are playing so badly that honestly what perks you have probably doesn't matter too much. Trickster is kinda forced to focus down people anyways, so you don't really get a whole of "spread damage".

    I suggest Melodious Murder, Heart Shoes, Fizz-Spin Soda as addons whenever possible, most of his other addons are virtually useless or should only be used if you have no other option. If you can make it happen, Death Throes is a fairly solid iri addon, but photocard is still just plain terrible.

    The reason I run corrupt is that when I do t I lose gens even quicker...haven't thought about thrilling tremors...thanks for the input

  • @PanicSquid said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2118353#Comment_2118353

    Thats another thing, you're going to have to selectively give up gens that are far away from each other. Trickster doesn't have the mobility to patrol gens that are long distance from each other. Discordance might also be worth it, so you can aim to bother 2 people at a time.

    Yeah I try to 3 gen like I do with other killers

  • @latinfla4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2118367#Comment_2118367

    Thanks for the tips...is tinkerer that effective for a 110 killer though

    I tried running it for a few games and frequently the gen popped before I could get there to stop them. Its why I switched over to Surveillance, so I know when a generator is regressing and when it stops regressing. It pairs better with Ruin, IMHO.

  • @latinfla4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2118368#Comment_2118368

    The reason I run corrupt is that when I do t I lose gens even quicker...haven't thought about thrilling tremors...thanks for the input

    Corrupt is a fantastic perk, I run it on trickster also.

    I am only saying that running it with ruin is extremely risky to your ruin totem. That's just a general rule across any killer.

  • When survivors trying to loop you on shack or any building, use m1. Because you will not get hit with blades, you will waste so much time. When you use m1, survivor will leave this loop area. Main Event worst power ever, never use it. Except when you see 2 or more survivors together, then Main Event will be good.


    I really dont know what i suggest perks. BBQ and Ruin important. For other 2 slots use anything you wanna.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2118353#Comment_2118353

    How quickly are you doing it though? Because he's highly dependent on your ability to land those hits as quickly & precisely as possible in order to waste as little time as possible. If that's not the issue and you think your tracking's already good, try throw rate add-ons.

    Most times I am one knife away from the injury state when they duck behind or around something and I have to chase them down...if I spend more than 20 seconds in a chase I switch to pressuring gens

  • Always use his knives. Never m1 unless it's for a down. His playstyle is literally just hold W at survivors whilst throwing knives. Everything else is just down to mechanical skill and timing. You need to know exactly when to ready your knives and have good aim - if you have both, you can get in a couple of knives every time you turn a corner.

    And I cannot stress enough, do not use your m1 to injure people. Ever. If you use your knives you have no cooldown and can usually land another 4-6 hits on them as they sprint away. Easy down.

  • I like Spies, Starstruck, BBQ, and Corrupt

    Spies to find them at first, Corrupt to drive them to you, Starstruck to make them not want to hook sabo and to drive them away, and BBQ to find them again, then Spies help you when you are near again

    Can swap out Starstruck for Iron Maiden for a little cheekiness with BBQ

  • Play any killer other than trickster

  • @ItzZane_ said:

    Play any killer other than trickster

    This is probably the best solution.