Reconnect Option
Hello ! Guys please tell me what do you think about the reconnect option? I think that would help a lot of us, cuz for example I've got very bad connection and got several bans including with 2 bans for 72h, only because i've lost connection for 10 seconds. That's very sad for me, cuz I now need to tryhard rift levels as hell. Please guys tell me what do you think about that and if you have some ideas for that, share them with us! I wish that DBD developers will see that and positively consider that topic.
There's screen of my ban too, just to prove that i typed above.
😛

Comments
It would be a mess to implement it in this game. People could easily abuse this with intentionally DCing shortly before getting downed and then rejoining after their friends opened the hatch with a key for example.
it’s really sad that you get punished for a bad connection that’s probably not even your fault, but there is nothing the devs can really do about it as it’s impossible to determine the cause of a DC in every case. Every time you DC you are destroying the match for the remaining players and it’s up to you to make sure to have a stable connection before entering a multiplayer online game
I will say that solid internet is actually a big ask for a lot of areas of the world. Credit to dbd the net code has gotten a lot better as time has gone in and server wise its probably one of the most stable games i have ever played.
My advice for op would be to examine other network options (if possible). A reconnect feature is very prone to abuse. But it could be done if the character stays in game stationery and hookable. It would just involve some work on the hit validation side to allow this.
What about "bot player" then? If person dc's there will be small "Connection interrupted" logo and people will know that bot plays this survivor, not a person, people wouldn't get any bloodpoints which bot got and they will be able to join again. As killer.. hmm i haven't got any idea right now.. :/
I was trying to fix that, but there's not my fault, but only my network range or providers. They told me that I will be able to change my offer next month, cuz they will get new routers, but I don't know do I longer want to stay with them after that what's happening.. I will take that offer for 14-days test and see, I can't rate it now.
I have absolutely nothing against a bot coming into a match if a player disconnects...however, the dc penalty should still apply to the disconnected player as they are still going to ruin that game for the other players in the match.
It's our responsibility as players when playing an online game to make sure that our equipment is up to the standard, and whilst that might seem very harsh cos I know that some areas have less than stellar internet, it's not possible to distinguish whether a player has a genuine internet disconnection or has simply "pulled the plug", which is why the DC penalty is applied regardless of the disconnect reasons.
What about limited time to rejoin then? Like 2 minutes for example and after that bot just plays to the end and player ends up with dc penalty?
I want to continue that discussion @MandyTalk
It would be easy to avoid abusing it - after disconnect, you should be standing still for (or crouch) 60-120s and the game should be waiting for you to reconnect.
If you do so, you should just start playing.
Today I had a problem with either Steam or DBD server, so I got disconnected, together with another player (my colleague using console told me that). I have a good and stable internet connection, and we were speaking on discord.
I just reconnected to the game 30s later but had no possibility to reconnect.