Please, do something to help out your hard of hearing players.

While I doubt there are many, I'm one of the few who really struggle with the sound part of the game due to my hearing disability. I have serious trouble while playing survivor and killer cause I don't pick up most things normal players do, even with my $100 gaming headphone. While playing survivor, I heavily rely on my teammates to tell me if the killer is approaching cause I don't hear the terror radius until it's too late. I can't tell you how many times I'm by myself and the killer just walks up to me cause I don't get that advanced warning everyone else does. It's why I ran spine chill in all of my builds for a good couple of months when I started playing. Even as a red rank survivor whos more confident in his abilities now, the same problem with being unable to hear the terror radius still remains.

I really struggle while playing killer. I've watched videos where people hear footsteps, breathing, grunts of pain, the sound of a totem getting cleansed and I'm over here like, "Whispers is my favorite perk cause it lets me know If where I'm searching is pointless or not". It's the only killer perk I run in all my builds like how spine chill was my go to survivor perk. I'm not the worlds best killer but damn it if I don't try my hardest.

I'm not asking for straight up subtitles because that would be cheating but I am asking for something to make playing this game a little easier for me. I love it with all my heart but it can be frustrating for me at times. Maybe you guys can add that heartbeat thingy from the mobile game as an option? That would help a lot!

Comments

  • A good idea is to actually use stake out. The timer will tick down when in terror radius so you’ll know if the killer is somewhat close

  • While it would be great to have something which helps players who have difficulties when hearing things, I doubt something will be done anytime soon. We got Colorblind-Mode just recently (after the game was out for almost 5 years) and with hearing, it would also be something that could be a problem for balance, because players without any disability would be able to use it to gain advantages.

    There would be a fine line between a useful and needed tool and something which makes it unfair.

    Maybe this helps, I have found this some time ago in the Twitch-Description of a Streamer (deafgirl_gaming):

    She uses this Headset, because it is able to use vibrations:

    Amazon.com: ABKONCORE Shoker Gaming Headset with Noise Canceling Mic - PC Headset with Dynamic Sensory, 7.1 Surround Sound, Soft Memory Foam, RGB Light for PC, Laptop, Mac: Electronics

    And she is also using the program breakaway audio:

    Copyright © document.write((new Date()).getFullYear()); Claesson Edwards Audio LLC. All Rights Reserved.

    "I use a program called breakaway audio, which gives me some sound ability, kind of like having a built in hearing aid. I also use vibration capable headsets to pick up more sounds I cannot hear."

    Maybe this can be an option for you, too.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    A good idea is to actually use stake out. The timer will tick down when in terror radius so you’ll know if the killer is somewhat close

    When you don't have stake out and patiently waiting for it to appear in the shrine.