Idea to fix camping and tunnelling.

There are a lot of survivors who are as frustrated as I am when you get screwed out of a match, because the killer camped you. If the killer is within 3 meters of a hooked survivor, their luck increases 5%. Borrowed time is removed as a perk and becomes just a survivor game mechanic. Also if the killer hits the same survivor 2 times from healed to wounded within 2 minutes, the survivor gets 5% speed increase during their speed boost. Input? Im not a game dev so I just wanted to brainstorm.

Comments

  • Killers already suffer from 4 hooks by the time all gens are completed.

    Your idea would make them uncatchable once the gates are powered.

  • Do you wanna turn the killer's weapon into a balloon animal too?

  • Adding the Luck really wouldn't hurt anything but also wouldn't do much, because your default odds of Kobe'ing is like 4% per attempt, making that 9% (when a killer is within 3 meters) will still probably result in hitting the struggle phase. And a killer would only need to take like 4 or 5 steps back and the luck goes away.


    The 2nd idea is really bad, 2 minutes is a long time in game, since in that time you could get hit, run away, selfcare (32 seconds), do a full generator (80 seconds), then get hit again and still get the bonus speed boost.

  • @Thulak said:

    There are a lot of survivors who are as frustrated as I am when you get screwed out of a match, because the killer camped you. If the killer is within 3 meters of a hooked survivor, their luck increases 5%. Borrowed time is removed as a perk and becomes just a survivor game mechanic. Also if the killer hits the same survivor 2 times from healed to wounded within 2 minutes, the survivor gets 5% speed increase during their speed boost. Input? Im not a game dev so I just wanted to brainstorm.

    Survivors don't need more 2nd chances then they got already. If you get camped oh well. You can usually counter a camper unless it's bubba. If people didn't hold m1 all game then maybe the killer wouldn't need to tunnel. It's not easy to get 12 hook games. I do it consistently, but it's not easy.

  • @Tsulan said:

    Killers already suffer from 4 hooks by the time all gens are completed.

    Your idea would make them uncatchable once the gates are powered.

    Depends on who they are playing really.

    Trickster, trapper and Myers? probably

    Nurse spirit or blight? Not really unless you mess up

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/243214/idea-to-fix-camping-and-tunnelling

    Basekit BT...Ummm no lol. 2 min speed boost ? No. I'll give you some advice. Get a little better so you get out of green/purple. And don't get killers that don't yet know that camping hooks doesn't get them wins. And STOP HEALING UNDER HOOK. Run with you savior and go heal elsewhere. A killer will always come back to the unhook if they're close

    I don't heal under hooks ever. You realize I also play killer and actually do it well so I don't feel like I would notice any difference. I would say the luck increase was mostly just an idea I threw out to get the ball rolling. Anyway Im trying to improve the community matchmaking for newer players, not just solve only my problem. Ideas or feedback? Get better is pretty useless.

  • @PanicSquid said:

    Adding the Luck really wouldn't hurt anything but also wouldn't do much, because your default odds of Kobe'ing is like 4% per attempt, making that 9% (when a killer is within 3 meters) will still probably result in hitting the struggle phase. And a killer would only need to take like 4 or 5 steps back and the luck goes away.

    The 2nd idea is really bad, 2 minutes is a long time in game, since in that time you could get hit, run away, selfcare (32 seconds), do a full generator (80 seconds), then get hit again and still get the bonus speed boost.

    2 minutes was just a number. It could be less, but the idea is its really lame for newer players to get hooked 3 times in a row and camped match after match, then they can't get bloodpoints to unlock better perks. Its like unless you play killer you get cucked every other match. BT installed and not even needing a slot was my main one I liked.

  • @Tsulan said:

    Killers already suffer from 4 hooks by the time all gens are completed.

    Your idea would make them uncatchable once the gates are powered.

    3-4 matches nobody escapes me and I don't need to camp to get kills. Don't let the gates get powered. Also 3 hooks bro.

  • @Thulak said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2113774#Comment_2113774

    3-4 matches nobody escapes me and I don't need to camp to get kills. Don't let the gates get powered. Also 3 hooks bro.

    It's easy to kill people in rank 20.