Trapper is on a few maps extremely strong.
I played a match as Trapper on the swamp map with the boot. I had one of the best 3 gens. One in the boot, 3 traps no way to get up. One was on the mini boot where I could disable the gen with 2 gens and the 3th one was in the middle of them.
I just played for a daily and I'm not the best killer or Trapper. I don't want to imagine what a good Trapper could do on a few maps xD
Comments
Trapper is extremely map dependent.
Some map like Game, Hawkin..have NO place to trap. AutoHeaven is considered as weakest open map for Trapper.
Some map like MacMillan, Yamaoka are good for him. Asylum and new Coldwind are madness OP with him, traps go invisible in many places
Haddonfield is really good for him as well.
Honestly the only killer who is good on that map
I'm quite succesful as Hag too in Haddonfield, it's easy to teleport to any triggered trap.
The Game and Lery's suck. Hawkin has at least on top of stairs positions. But with iri stone you don't care if they disarm it.
Disable trap, repair gen, run away when Trapper comes back.
Repeat
If survivors continue to do this on gens 1 and 3 the Trapper won't be able to keep up and prevent gen progress.
Trapper is the only time I like playing on Haddonfield. Some of those rooftops can only be accessed by a window. If you trap the roof side there is no way for survivors to disarm it. Unless they step in it.
Lerys isnt that great either. There's some grass but there's so many ways around things that traps are rare.