Will DbD players on the Microsoft Store/Xbox App PC ever get access to the PTB?
Right now only Steam players can access it, making the PTB almost worthless imo because they only gather the opinions of like 25% of the player base, while also leaving the rest of the player base without new content for a month or so just like what happened with chapter 19 once it got delayed
Now I understand that implementing the PTB on consoles might be a little too hard because of the way updates work, but on PC platforms like the Microsoft Store it might be pretty much possible, that way more people get a say on what they should change/keep, more opinions on the PTB the better
Comments
I'd wager most people play on Steam, but that's beside the point. I don't think the Microsoft Store allows the devs to have a PTB as easily as Steam does.
25% of a population is a very large sample size. Hardly makes the data 'worthless'.
and it's definitely a lot more than 25% if you're only counting the Steam and MS Store players in that sample, ignoring consoles.
That thing I said about PTB being "worthless" was just an opinion thrown out there to spice up the thread, but anyway that was not my point, my point was to make PTB available on as many platforms as they can, even though 25% may be a lot, why not have 50%, or 75%?
Microsoft does have the Xbox Insider app (I think) which allows beta testing of games and apps. A ptb could fall under this, although I’m unsure if there are other conditions.
If you understand statistical analysis, you can do a lot with 25% of the population. The benefits for the devs would be minor at best. Don't get me wrong, though, I would like to see more people on the PTB.