sacrificial ward buff idea

instead of only blocking map offerings it blocks any offering that modifies the map in any way (hatch offerings, hook offerings, ect)

Comments

  • Sac wards are more of a meme offering. One time I played in a swf with two others and one said they are burning a Midwich offering. I said "do it I dare you" and burnt the sac ward. Hate Midwich so much.

  • @GannTM said:

    Sac wards are more of a meme offering. One time I played in a swf with two others and one said they are burning a Midwich offering. I said "do it I dare you" and burnt the sac ward. Hate Midwich so much.

    R.I.P W key

  • @GannTM said:

    Sac wards are more of a meme offering. One time I played in a swf with two others and one said they are burning a Midwich offering. I said "do it I dare you" and burnt the sac ward. Hate Midwich so much.

    LOL this sounds like something i would do with my friends when they wanna go somewhere I hate

  • @ukenicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2103758#Comment_2103758

    LOL this sounds like something i would do with my friends when they wanna go somewhere I hate

    Yeah, I think my other friend and I had the exact same idea as we both burnt sac wards.

  • @GannTM said:

    Sac wards are more of a meme offering. One time I played in a swf with two others and one said they are burning a Midwich offering. I said "do it I dare you" and burnt the sac ward. Hate Midwich so much.

    Now that is the way it is done! I once managed to use it to prevent a Heart Locket from sending me to Coldwind Farm. I admit I felt like a mindgame master, outplaying survivors before the trial :)

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2103758#Comment_2103758

    Now that is the way it is done! I once managed to use it to prevent a Heart Locket from sending me to Coldwind Farm. I admit I felt like a mindgame master, outplaying survivors before the trial :)

    At least Coldwind has Torment Creek which is in my top 3 favorite maps. I don't know why but I just really love that map.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2103773#Comment_2103773

    At least Coldwind has Torment Creek which is in my top 3 favorite maps. I don't know why but I just really love that map.

    Me too! It is my favourite Coldwind map!

     Well, that doesn't mean I don't have some bad memories with its old infinite, but still... It is a very good map. 

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2103782#Comment_2103782

    Me too! It is my favourite Coldwind map!

     Well, that doesn't mean I don't have some bad memories with its old infinite, but still... It is a very good map. 

    How bad was old Torment Creek? Not sure I was around when it was a thing.

  • @GannTM said:

    Sac wards are more of a meme offering. One time I played in a swf with two others and one said they are burning a Midwich offering. I said "do it I dare you" and burnt the sac ward. Hate Midwich so much.

    I beg to differ.

    Although it’s pure pot luck, sac ward can totally change the dynamic of the match.

    Before the Autohaven reworks, I just threw a sac ward up randomly in one of my survivor games. When the offering screen popped up, another survivor had thrown up a Hawkins offering, and the killer threw on a Lery’s offering.

    We loaded up on old Blood Lodge.

    It was a T1 wall hack Myers.

    The DC’d once the last gen popped after getting zero hooks all game.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2103758#Comment_2103758

    I beg to differ.

    Although it’s pure pot luck, sac ward can totally change the dynamic of the match.

    Before the Autohaven reworks, I just threw a sac ward up randomly in one of my survivor games. When the offering screen popped up, another survivor had thrown up a Hawkins offering, and the killer threw on a Lery’s offering.

    We loaded up on old Blood Lodge.

    It was a T1 wall hack Myers.

    The DC’d once the last gen popped after getting zero hooks all game.

    That's a big RIP for the Myers

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2103791#Comment_2103791

    How bad was old Torment Creek? Not sure I was around when it was a thing.

    The following comment is from a very old thread here, but it explains the problem:

    "I had a game where the last survivor left just ran in a circle around this. Since they were just out of sight bloodlust didn't kick in. It's pretty much an infinite. Even with bloodlust there's very little most killers can do.

    What terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible map design.

    Oh wait, bring bamboozle right? yeah I didn't know I'd get a 2016 map with a horrific design flaw in it.

    How do you even begin to justify something like this? it shouldn't be in the game. The coldwind maps are so out of date it just drags the game down."

    He was talking about that window in the main building, as it used to be one of those windows which the killer had to vault. Take a look:

    It is a very old screenshot, but it is the best I could find:

    image.png

    See what the problem is? And it took them a very long time to remove it (Patch 3.7.0 if I am not mistaken)

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2103809#Comment_2103809

    The following comment is from a very old thread here, but it explains the problem:

    "I had a game where the last survivor left just ran in a circle around this. Since they were just out of sight bloodlust didn't kick in. It's pretty much an infinite. Even with bloodlust there's very little most killers can do.

    What terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible map design.

    Oh wait, bring bamboozle right? yeah I didn't know I'd get a 2016 map with a horrific design flaw in it.

    How do you even begin to justify something like this? it shouldn't be in the game. The coldwind maps are so out of date it just drags the game down."

    He was talking about that window in the main building, as it used to be one of those windows which the killer had to vault. Take a look:

    It is a very old screenshot, but it is the best I could find:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/KRXCWED02ZKU/image.png

    See what the problem is? And it took them a very long time to remove it (Patch 3.7.0 if I am not mistaken)

    My gosh that looks insane. Thankfully it's not in the game anymore.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2103831#Comment_2103831

    My gosh that looks insane. Thankfully it's not in the game anymore.

    It truly was insane, my friend. That is why I was scared that breakable walls might bring it back.

    But, apparently they won't:

    image.png


  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2103838#Comment_2103838

    It truly was insane, my friend. That is why I was scared that breakable walls might bring it back.

    But, apparently they won't:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/060LT5LIP6U5/image.png

    I really hope there won’t be breakable walls on any of the Coldwind maps. Man I hate breakable walls so much.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2103856#Comment_2103856

    I really hope there won’t be breakable walls on any of the Coldwind maps. Man I hate breakable walls so much.

    Same. Breakable Walls are probably the worst mechanic in the game. They add nothing, they make you waste time and they bring the old infinites back (looking at you, Groaning Storehouse)